Jamie Collins...MCL

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Done for the year

Collins inked a $50 million contract extension in January but was forced to miss three games this season with a concussion in Week 2. He has 31 tackles and one sack this season.

Jamie Collins to miss rest of season with MCL injury

Collins' wins as a Cleveland Brown.......1

I don't quite get the passive acrimony of Collins on this site by someone of you. By all account, he was a good guy to have in the locker room. He did not ask to be traded. He was a good player for us. I really don't understand this thread. How does he win by being injured?

I don't quite get the passive acrimony of Collins on this site by someone of you. By all account, he was a good guy to have in the locker room. He did not ask to be traded. He was a good player for us. I really don't understand this thread. How does he win by being injured?

For me, it's just strange considering how big of a fan I was of his. Jamie's like that ex that you know it was the best to move on from because it was never going to work out, but you'll always have feelings for.

He's coming to Mexico.

giphy.gif

That sucks.I was hoping Collins could help Cleveland to at least one win, overtake the Niners, and make our pick the very top of the 2nd round. For 2018 I want the Patriots to have 32 and 33 back to back pick. d%#*!@t! :)

((in all seriousness, always hate to see a player go down with a serious injury))

Always thought Collins was a superbly talented football player who freelanced too much for BB's liking.. he hit the jackpot by going to Cleveland. Where he will languish in mediocrity until he finally retires.. with a whole lot of money in the bank.

That sucks.I was hoping Collins could help Cleveland to at least one win, overtake the Niners, and make our pick the very top of the 2nd round. For 2018 I want the Patriots to have 32 and 33 back to back pick. d%#*!@t! :)

((in all seriousness, always hate to see a player go down with a serious injury))

If you see the Browns play, it's hard to think they can win a game, that team look like a 3rd division team.

Collins was a cancerous, ticking time bomb who was beginning to poison the locker room with his greedy, anti-establishment venom and corrupt the impessionable and all things we as fans hold sacred with this team. He simply had to go.

At least that's what Christian Fauria and Glen Ordway said.

:p

It’s the natural side effect of taking entertainment way too seriously

If Cleveland wins 3 games without him, we have to think of him as a prime Ewing Theory candidate, don't we?

I don't bear him any ill will, but he's definitely not a good dressing room guy, even if his teammates like him. Pretty sure there was reports this year of him telling the Browns coaching staff he wanted to try playing at FS because he was bored of playing LB. This is despite the Browns having two promising safeties and no depth at LB. He's a me first player, which is why he got shipped out. Do your job.

No one can be sure, but it came down to : BB would rather have KVN (both were second round picks) who is more limited physically, but both comes with a much more reasonable dollar tag & a more consistent "do what coach wants you to do" approach. Personally, I think it's more of the former - BB didn't think Collins was worth the amount Cleveland was willing to pay.

I don't bear him any ill will, but he's definitely not a good dressing room guy, even if his teammates like him. Pretty sure there was reports this year of him telling the Browns coaching staff he wanted to try playing at FS because he was bored of playing LB. This is despite the Browns having two promising safeties and no depth at LB. He's a me first player, which is why he got shipped out. Do your job.
Locker room

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back