PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins Appreciation Thread! Thank you Jamie Collins!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan92

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
My favorite memory of Collins is, and forever will be, when he vaulted the line to block the extra point against the Colts last season. I remember vividly that I was at school, watching the game in the library in between class. I had just regained composure after the god-awful fake punt when the Colts were lining up for their extra point on a late TD.

Then he vaulted the whole line and blocked the kick with his entire body. He timed it perfectly, and he did it so effortlessly I was in complete awe. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen in my life, and it cemented Collins as one of my favourite Patriots immediately.
Jamie, thank you for the tackles, the picks, and the memories. We wish you all the best in Cleveland and where life may take you, and if you don't mind I'll keep you on my Madden roster for now. After all, you have plenty of plays left to make for me there.

Just hit him up on Twitter to thank him. He'll always have his ring.

Thank you for playing a part in our SB win back in 2014.

He wasn't the same player this year, but he helped us win a SB, so that alone deserves my respect.

However, like every player on any other team, he is now dead to me, as I no longer have any use for him.

He immediately became one of my favorite players on the team when he joined us in 2013, amazing instincts on the field and just an all around incredible athlete. I will certainly miss watching him play for us on Sundays, but I know this trade happened to benefit the team in the long run. In Bill we trust, as always.

This guy is an athletic specimen, sorry it didn't work out.

I saw him play live when the Patriots went to San Diego in 2014. His physical presence dominated almost every play, and his size and athleticism stood out like Gronkowski's on the other side of the ball. At that time, it looked like the Patriots had built their entire game plan around Collins.

It's really a shame that the Patriots were unable to extend him long-term, but mastery of player value has made the Patriots one of the most successful sports teams ever, and easily the greatest in the era of the salary cap.

I wish him all the best and hope he has a great career. Too bad both sides couldn't come to an agreement on an extension.

Man I understand why the move was made, but this one hurts, I felt sky high about Jamie. Hadn't been this big of a fan of a defensive player on our team since Law...

Not sure I've been this shocked about a move since September of 03.. :(

I'll hold off on my thanks. If they got rid of him because he was ignoring coaching instructions, then I'm too annoyed for pleasantries.

I'm sure this will devastate him, but it is what it is.

I'll hold off on my thanks. If they got rid of him because he was ignoring coaching instructions, then I'm too annoyed for pleasantries.

I'm sure this will devastate him, but it is what it is.

Eh, I think it's fair to say we probably don't win the Super Bowl in 2014 without him. So I'm glad he was here and appreciate his contribution to the team regardless of whatever terms he got traded under.

Man I understand why the move was made, but this one hurts, I felt sky high about Jamie. Hadn't been this big of a fan of a defensive player on our team since Law...

Not sure I've been this shocked about a move since September of 03.. :(

Let's hope its not like Law. It took a long time to replace him. Too long.

One of the most unique defensive players I've ever seen.

Amazing physical specimen who was great in space. Good luck to him, except against the Pats.

I posted a long post in the main thread that I won't duplicate here, but I'm not liking the direction that that thread is taking into the "He wanted too much money", "he sucked recently", and "he had argued with the coaches", which is slowly heading to the "good riddance" attitude that this all inevitably takes, so I'm quite thankful someone started this. Again, it strikes me that this was somewhat of a mutual decision by all parties as per the (rapid) details coming out over the last few minutes even.

I don't even remember which game it was, but it was a regular season night game during the superbowl run I think, and Tom Brady and Jamie Collins just flat out dominated, and were named "players of the game" or whatever by the network so they were on the field for the quick post-game interview with one of the hosts. Tom Brady answered questions in a very polished way as he usually does, giving credit to the team, yadda yadda. Then they went to Jamie Collins, who was clearly very uncomfortable in front of the camera. Because of his nervousness and self-consciousness, combined with his thick deep South accent, he was a bit difficult to understand, but very pleasant and managed to get out the whole "team win, things to improve, blah blah usual patriot stuff". And then I'll never forget this: The reporter asked Tom if he wanted to say hi to anybody and Tom said hi to his kids, Gisele, and his mom and gave that winning smile looking straight into the camera. Then the reporter turned to Jamie and asked him if he wanted to say hi to anyone. Jamie, looking down away from the camera, smiling in an extremely shy way, just said "noo..." and that was the end. He so wanted to get away from the camera and spotlight that he couldn't even just say hi to family / mom in a fluff interview. I found that so endearing, and, truly, adorable. He's just a shy, gentle kid from the South who enjoys playing football like a beast.

I like Jamie Collins. I don't think this trade has anything to do with "locker room" issues or disagreements. I think the explanation is probably simple. He liked playing in New England, but may not have been happy living there, probably would stay for "Von Miller money" but saw himself trying some other place down the line, and the patriots decided to trade knowing their own free agent situation and the fact that they were not going to keep him.

I hope he really kills it wherever he goes.

He could come back like Patrick Chung after a season or two and be better for it. Learning experience IMHO.

I'll never forget the entire team going batshit crazy after Malcolm's Super Bowl interception, and Collins just calmly fist pumping and strutting. Now I have to change my avatar.

new-england-patriots-malcolm-butler-super-bowl-cry.jpg

one of my favorite Patriots images....thanks Jamie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back