PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many of you have mentioned, JW was a beast earlier in the year as a receiver/running back. Why the change? Is he hurt? Did he piss off the coach? Did he piss off TB12? We were much more dynamic with JW getting more snaps. I barely recognize this current set up, plus I've tumbled in my fantasy league and got killed in the playoffs...Still love 'em though! Go Pats!

Throught the first four games of the season, White was very productive while averaging about 50% of the snaps. He went on a tear during weeks 6 thru 9, while averaging nearly 70% of the snaps, but came down with a thud in week-10 @TEN.

Since the BYE, he's been averaging about 45% of the snaps. In weeks 12 & 13 he was at least as productive as he was during the first four games. The last two games, with Burkhead back, he's averaged about 42% of the snaps, and his touches have been down.

I'm not reading anything into this beyond roster ebb-and-flow, wanting to get Burkhead some reps, wanting to get Michel more reps, opponent-based tactical decisions, and possibly a bit of strategic avoidance of overuse before the playoffs.

IOW, just simple roster management.

Absolutely pathetic the way White is being used. In all 5 of our losses, White has had 4 carries or less.

11-12 touches a game should not be a problem

Throught the first four games of the season, White was very productive while averaging about 50% of the snaps. He went on a tear during weeks 6 thru 9, while averaging nearly 70% of the snaps, but came down with a thud in week-10 @TEN.

Since the BYE, he's been averaging about 45% of the snaps. In weeks 12 & 13 he was at least as productive as he was during the first four games. The last two games, with Burkhead back, he's averaged about 42% of the snaps, and his touches have been down.

I'm not reading anything into this beyond roster ebb-and-flow, wanting to get Burkhead some reps, wanting to get Michel more reps, opponent-based tactical decisions, and possibly a bit of strategic avoidance of overuse before the playoffs.

IOW, just simple roster management.

Hopefully it pays off. I'd love to see White and Burkhead on the field together in passing situations. Burkhead should be used more out of the slot, IMO.

Wow. Very telling stat. Get Sweet Feet the rock!

Wow. Very telling stat. Get Sweet Feet the rock!

The "football players play football" stance was always a dumb one because it's always been clear throughout Week 17 contests that Belichick won't hesitate to rest the important pieces. If that stance hadn't been put to bed before, it should be now. They've made it pretty clear that White has been on a "pitch count."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft