PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jameis Winston to the Jets? Yes, please

Winston, the guy who's football I.Q. is raved about by pretty much everyone except you, is too stupid?

Interesting theory.

I know a good amount of people that know him personally, as I have a lot of friends that go to FSU. Almost all of them has said he's as dumb as a rock. And for someone whose football IQ is high, he sure did have trouble breaking down defenses when they took away his initial read.

I know a good amount of people that know him personally, as I have a lot of friends that go to FSU. Almost all of them has said he's as dumb as a rock. And for someone whose football IQ is high, he sure did have trouble breaking down defenses when they took away his initial read.

I'm not saying you're wrong, although I suspect you're at least overdoing it. I find the theory interesting, as it flies in the face of pretty much everyone else who's looked into the kid.

And he didn't really have trouble breaking down defenses, when I was watching him (I didn't watch every game, or every snap). It was more a matter of him being careless, and it was generally early in games. The only defense that really gave him trouble on the scoreboard prior to January was Florida.

And I could tell you some stories about players thought to be smart on the field/ice/whatever who would make the rock you mention look like a MENSA candidate.

I'm not saying you're wrong, although I suspect you're at least significantly off. I find the theory interesting, as it flies in the face of pretty much everyone else who's looked into the kid.

And he didn't really have trouble breaking down defenses, when I was watching him (I didn't watch every game, or every snap). It was more a matter of him being careless, and it was generally early in games. The only defense that really gave him trouble on the scoreboard prior to January was Florida.

That's because Florida was the best defense he had seen. And I'm pretty confident I'm not off at all. I watched every game. This might help you. It comes complete with GIF images and breakdowns of the specific coverages...

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/32srah/gif_breakdown_jameis_winstons_18_interceptions_in

You'll see that the majority of the plays are Winston staring down his primary reads or making terrible decisions into double and triple coverage. Naturally, there are a few in there that should not be blamed on him (as is the case with any young QB). What I saw last year was a quarterback that panicked when the defense took away his primary read and couldn't go through his progressions fast enough, resulting in some pretty ugly turnovers. You may choose to disagree, and that's fine. But it's just my opinion based on what I saw.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back