PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

J.C. Jackson wins AFC Defensive Player of the Month

I've seen this potential from Jackson for years. In his rookie year in 18 he was constantly flagged for PI and I didn't care, because it meant he was being physical and aggressive and I knew he'd learn how to refine his technique so he'd provide the same coverage without being flagged. Love me some tough, aggressive CB play in a young stud, even if it doesn't pay off in the moment. Jackson is the real thing and we're going to have to choose between trading him for a haul or signing him for a bundle.

Yeah he's got the whole cheese sandwich. Gotta give him that bread, dish out the lettuce and bring out the cheddar on top.

This might require a Hitler video of Belichick flipping out about the price of resigning him going through the roof.

Yeah, I'm sure he's super pissed about how well Jackson is playing...

I mean it’s pretty funny how he makes cracks about JC collecting garbage interceptions. He’s better than Kyle Arrington but he has similar luck.

I mean it’s pretty funny how he makes cracks about JC collecting garbage interceptions. He’s better than Kyle Arrington but he has similar luck.

I don't necessarily think that's what BB meant when he said, "If there's any trash lying around, he's gonna pick it up." I think it translates more to, "JC's not going to drop a ball that hits him in the hands." There's a common joke in football commentary/analysis, that if a DB could catch the ball he'd have played WR. And to some extent its true, because you see a lot of "catchable" balls clank off a corner or safeties hands, because that's just not what they're asked to do every single down. But for JC, with a WR background, he doesn't have that problem. I think that's more along the lines of what Belichick was implying. Not that they were garbage interceptions, but that Jackson isn't going to miss if you're not perfect. Much like how a great hitter doesn't miss a fastball that the pitcher leaves out over the plate.

Honestly if he wasn't so crucial on D i'd be tempted to suggest trying Jackson as a 2 way player. He's got the hands, and if he knows how to cover he should be able to figure out how to beat coverages.

The one thing about Jackson that is amazing to me is I can't remember him just getting torched or being the reason we have lost a game. He may not be the best corner in the league but he feels like the safest to sign to a big contract. Pretty durable as well.

I'm starting to think this year will be a bit of a deviation from recent years where we barely had any Pro Bowl/All Pro selections.

Potential Pro Bowlers (guys who either might deserve it or have enough name recognition):
Mac (don't forget 2001 Brady made it)
Henry
Andrews
Mason
Barmore (deserves it but won't get it)
Judon
Hightower (doesn't deserve it but might get it)
Jackson
All 3 safeties
Just about anyone from special teams

It’s not luck when he leads the league in INT’s since entering the league. The difference between him and Arrington is that Arrington had one fluke year collecting lucky INT’s, but couldn’t cover anybody on the outside. He improved his game when he moved inside.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
Honestly if he wasn't so crucial on D i'd be tempted to suggest trying Jackson as a 2 way player. He's got the hands, and if he knows how to cover he should be able to figure out how to beat coverages.
We’ve had several WRs also play DB, and LBs catching passes. Seems it may be time for a CB to play WR. Maybe save it for some trick play formation in the playoffs. Flea flicker from Meyers to Jackson for the TD!

If this man has a decent showing against Diggs, he's getting paid top dollar next year. I really like him a lot too.

We’ve had several WRs also play DB, and LBs catching passes. Seems it may be time for a CB to play WR. Maybe save it for some trick play formation in the playoffs. Flea flicker from Meyers to Jackson for the TD!
Wouldn't be surprised if BB and McD have actually already had that conversation.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back