PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've put together a list of all 614 Tom Brady TDs, complete with gifs of each play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

oo0shiny

Rookie
Reaction score
I've spent the last few years putting together a website to track the Patriots dynasty. It's titled, creatively, Tracking the Patriots Dynasty | Patriots Dynasty. It's got some cool stuff in it, but the newest project that I've just completed is a list of every Tom Brady TD sorted in a few different ways: Tom Brady's TD Passes | Patriots Dynasty

Let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas for what I could add to the site.

wow. What an unbelievable amount of work that had to be.

Amazing!

Five thumbs up. Nice job. I might have even said "oooooo shiny"

Holy crap this is amazing. Great work oo0shiny!!

Whoa. Wow.

Also ... I can't be the only one who scrolled all the way down the list and clicked on the Tom Ashworth one first, right?

Man, this is a crazy amount of work and I am seriously thankful and impressed. I went and watched the Terry Glenn TD for sure. It's crazy going through and seeing some of them, or realizing some of the weirdness:

- Only 1 TD to Ochocinco
- How excited so many were about Tyms (even doing the Moss celebration after the TD)
- Malcolm Mitchell and Dobson having the same number of TDs (and MUCH different legacies)
- Hogan and Amendola only being 1 TD short of Troy Brown :eek:

Great job! Thanks for your effort and accomplishment.

Man, this is a crazy amount of work and I am seriously thankful and impressed. I went and watched the Terry Glenn TD for sure. It's crazy going through and seeing some of them, or realizing some of the weirdness:

- Only 1 TD to Ochocinco
- How excited so many were about Tyms (even doing the Moss celebration after the TD)
- Malcolm Mitchell and Dobson having the same number of TDs (and MUCH different legacies)
- Hogan and Amendola only being 1 TD short of Troy Brown :eek:

Some other fun facts I came across while building this:
  • Brady has thrown a third of his TDs in the 2nd quarter. Not sure why, but would make for an interesting deep dive I think.
  • Most of his TDs come from the 5 yard line. I want to put together a more detailed list of these to see how many were off the super-successful hard play-action they always used to run.
  • The shortest distance from where he hasn't thrown a TD? 57 yards away.
  • Gronk is the only person who has caught more than 10% of Brady's TDs (14.7%)
  • James White is 6th on the list (27 TDs), which just seems crazy to me. I took a brief look at Peyton Manning's TD pass list and the highest RB is Edgerrin James at 12th (but probably lower if you count playoff TDs).

Some other fun facts I came across while building this:
  • Brady has thrown a third of his TDs in the 2nd quarter. Not sure why, but would make for an interesting deep dive I think.
  • Most of his TDs come from the 5 yard line. I want to put together a more detailed list of these to see how many were off the super-successful hard play-action they always used to run.
  • The shortest distance from where he hasn't thrown a TD? 57 yards away.
  • Gronk is the only person who has caught more than 10% of Brady's TDs (14.7%)
  • James White is 6th on the list (27 TDs), which just seems crazy to me. I took a brief look at Peyton Manning's TD pass list and the highest RB is Edgerrin James at 12th (but probably lower if you count playoff TDs).

Those are the sorts of cool and "deep divey" stats you can only get by putting in this level of work.

I clicked around more and the "Plays" portion of the site is even MORE mindblowing. Dude...I'm speechless. This should be a sticky.

@oo0shiny, This is amazing stuff. Thanks for putting all this together and I'll definitely be checking out the podcast.

Thank you! I'd live to see Brady and Gronk eclipse 100 TDs.

The prototypical Brady/Patriots game-in-hand is an efficient and ruthless first half offensively where the score is 28-7 and it looks like they could easily put up 70 for the game.

Then the second half is a tedious progression of hand offs and not making mistakes while the frustrating prevent defense lets the opponent run up and down the field, while still keeping the opponent out of the end zone.

Final score: 35-13.

That would be my guess why a lot of the TDs are in the 2nd quarter.

Sticky worthy

Just a incredible job. Thanks so much for this, have never seen anything so comprehensive and detailed on the Goat. To add the footage was way over the top. How long you been working on this project?

The prototypical Brady/Patriots game-in-hand is an efficient and ruthless first half offensively where the score is 28-7 and it looks like they could easily put up 70 for the game.

Then the second half is a tedious progression of hand offs and not making mistakes while the frustrating prevent defense lets the opponent run up and down the field, while still keeping the opponent out of the end zone.

Final score: 35-13.

That would be my guess why a lot of the TDs are in the 2nd quarter.

I wonder how many of those 2nd quarter TDs were after the 2 minute warning.

Incredible job! Thanks for your efforts.

How long you been working on this project?

I've been working on the website for about 3 years now. I had some help with the gifs from a Redditor who graciously allowed me to link their gifs on the website, and then I added my own on top of that.

So far I've got pretty much all scoring plays and defensive takeaways back to 2009-ish on the site, and all of Brady's TD passes. It's a lot of work, but I make websites for a living so it's a great way for me to learn new skills on the side that I can bring to my day job.

Some of my favorite pages on the site so far:

I wonder how many of those 2nd quarter TDs were after the 2 minute warning.

It means I'm going to have to go back and re-tag every play, but I want to add more detail to each of them to get more granular information like this. I'm thinking of adding the time left in the quarter, the pass direction, air yards, and YAC. Could probably build some cool displays of the data with that information. And I was able to find a trove of data that lists that information for every play since 1999, so the first step is to parse that to get a list of what I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back