PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's time to go back to 2004...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
and the Corey Dillon-led ground game. If the Patriots are to keep winning, the offensive gameplan has to change. High-flying offense is great, and fun to watch, but it's also fragile, as has been so painfully demonstrated by Brady's injury. It results in taking lots of hits, not just by the quarterback, but the backs and linemen as well. Relying on protection and timing to sustain offense is fine, but now it's time to start hitting back. We've got some nasty guys on the offensive line, and we've got a loaded backfield. Maroney, Morris, Faulk and Jordan can carry the load, with Evans as the lead blocker. Give them 40 touches combined a game, pass to score if need be, but RUN TO WIN. Start grinding opponents down on offense, and keep the defense fresh - it can dominate games for us if it isn't being forced to play series after series. As much as I've enjoyed the fireworks of Brady and Moss, I've missed watching the 2004 style offense that just mashed people at the line and pushed them down the field, and now we've got a better reason than ever to return to that. Hopefully, this is what Belichick and company have in store - I want to see fatboy Jenkins and the rest of that Jets defensive line begging for mercy next week, after they've been pounded into submission.

and the Corey Dillon-led ground game. If the Patriots are to keep winning, the offensive gameplan has to change. High-flying offense is great, and fun to watch, but it's also fragile, as has been so painfully demonstrated by Brady's injury. It results in taking lots of hits, not just by the quarterback, but the backs and linemen as well. Relying on protection and timing to sustain offense is fine, but now it's time to start hitting back. We've got some nasty guys on the offensive line, and we've got a loaded backfield. Maroney, Morris, Faulk and Jordan can carry the load, with Evans as the lead blocker. Give them 40 touches combined a game, pass to score if need be, but RUN TO WIN. Start grinding opponents down on offense, and keep the defense fresh - it can dominate games for us if it isn't being forced to play series after series. As much as I've enjoyed the fireworks of Brady and Moss, I've missed watching the 2004 style offense that just mashed people at the line and pushed them down the field, and now we've got a better reason than ever to return to that. Hopefully, this is what Belichick and company have in store - I want to see fatboy Jenkins and the rest of that Jets defensive line begging for mercy next week, after they've been pounded into submission.

I agree. Time to turn into the Steelers. Run the heck out of the ball, have Cassel manage the game within his skillset. We have 4 very good RBs. Lets use them. Steelers ran the ball 39 times yesterday. I want to see some of that here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back