PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's out of the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

workhorse

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Now that the record talk is out of the way with the first loss, the Colts are in better shape. No longer do they have to answer questions about 16-0. No longer do they have to wonder if they play for the record or get ready for the play offs. The have had their reality check now. Now they can focus on the playoffs. I'm sure there will be no shortage of threads about the Colts now, but that's ok. They have the best record in the league and they are probably going to be more focused than ever.

bah be focused all you want. If the pats front 7 stays healthy and plays the way they have the last 3 weeks, the colts are in for a nightmare come playoffs.

I am not sure how focused the Colts can be when they have been beaten in this manner, and in the RCA dome no less. Their confidence must have taken a beating. However, the biggest impact this is going to have is on Indy's future opponents, who are going to a lot of more confidence going after Manning and unsettling him into performances similar to today's.

Wow, a Colts thread, who would have expected such nonsense right off the bat. :rolleyes:

Cantabrigian said:
I am not sure how focused the Colts can be when they have been beaten in this manner, and in the RCA dome no less. Their confidence must have taken a beating. However, the biggest impact this is going to have is on Indy's future opponents, who are going to a lot of more confidence going after Manning and unsettling him into performances similar to today's.

How'd the Pats do after the 41 points that San Diego laid on them? That was in Foxboro, right? Which future opponents? Who has a front 7 like San Diego? Go ahead try to blitz Peyton. Both his picks were off passes that the receivers had knocked up into the air.

workhorse said:
How'd the Pats do after the 41 points that San Diego laid on them? That was in Foxboro, right? Which future opponents? Who has a front 7 like San Diego? Go ahead try to blitz Peyton. Both his picks were off passes that the receivers had knocked up into the air.

Give the pats no credit if you like thats fine, but as it stands with everyone currently on the team healthy this front 7 is arguably better than last year's front 7. A different LB coming every down is sufficient enough to get some pressure on peyton from the 3-4

Who's the worst team in the NFL when it comes to completion percentage against? ;)

Last edited:
workhorse said:
Now that the record talk is out of the way with the first loss, the Colts are in better shape. No longer do they have to answer questions about 16-0. No longer do they have to wonder if they play for the record or get ready for the play offs. The have had their reality check now. Now they can focus on the playoffs. I'm sure there will be no shortage of threads about the Colts now, but that's ok. They have the best record in the league and they are probably going to be more focused than ever.

I think you're probably right. But it could cut both ways. Doubts could begin to creep in. Great as this season has been for them, they've never "done it" before. Once the playoffs roll around the pressure intensifies. I actually thought it would be better for them to go 16-0 for that reason. Some people would disagree.

I also thought this game showed once again how vulnerable Manning is when he is pressured. His performance when is he flushed out of the pocket is simply abysmal and hopefully more teams will work on exploiting that weakness. Did anyone see him plodding away to the left on 4th down in the red zone against the Chargers? That was a play certainly killed off any realistic chances of winning the game. Only Brees deciding to play Santa kept it close for a while. With the Pats D treating QBs like pinatas, it should be fun to watch come Jan!

If the Pats D plays the way it did against TB - and that's a big IF, it was a special performance - they won't shut everyone out, but they won't lose to anyone, either.

workhorse said:
I bet the Pats' front 7 is better than anyone's right now.

workhorse said:

Pats picked themselves up and played ball. That's because they have players who are mentally tough and mature. Indy players seems to be toddlers in comparison. While it's quite a compliment that you would use the Pats as a hallmark of a team that bounces back after tough home losses, putting the colts in the same bracket is an insult and mere wishful thinking on your part. As for future opponents, Seattle looks pretty tough and the Pats front 7 is even tougher.

Picks and picks and the receivers not getting the ball is also the fault of the QB. It is rather ironic that Stokley, after complaing so much about not getting playing time, should be one of those dropping the ball.

Keep in mind that this game was won by a chargers team that was making mistakes all over the field. If not for those mistakes, the colts would not even have been in the game

Last edited:
Tell that to Li'l Ron as the neighbourhhod toughs in "Nap Town" kick the ***** out him for jinxing the perfect season.

I don't think in the big scheme of things the Colts losing is any big deal. Of course I've never thought they were an invincible team. They are still the favorite.

I will say that a rattled Manning costing his team the go ahead FG in the final 3 minutes by taking a terrible grounding penalty and then an even worse sack on consecutive plays looked familiar.

I do find it hilarious that year after year not just their fans but their players and coaches continue to get ahead of themsleves. You've got Manning on ESPN yesterday morning answering questions about how he wants to start in the week 17 game against Arizona - 3 games later.

They also seemed to get a little banged up yesterday. And, they might get a little banged up next week in Seattle. Not, hoping for injuries to anyone.

I've been saying for the past three weeks that they have been very luck with injuries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye