PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's called Bruins alright...

This is the year they break through and win a round or two. This team seems a lot tougher mentally compared to the days of Jumbo Joe and Sergei.
i hope your right. it could be a real interseting and fun spring in boston with the celts and the bruins going deep into the playoffs. just the like 80s.

He has a great sense of where to be around the net and has good size which makes it that much better, and to think that this guy was all but discarded by Phoenix when they didn't sign him to a contract.

Phoenix had no choice to make. If a drafted player doesn't sign a contract within 2 years, he becomes a free agent. Phoenix tried hard to sign him...Wheeler said no for whatever reason. That's a big risk a team takes when it drafts high school kids, especially high in the draft. The kid can go to college for free for a couple of years and become a free agent afterwards.

Phoenix had no choice to make. If a drafted player doesn't sign a contract within 2 years, he becomes a free agent. Phoenix tried hard to sign him...Wheeler said no for whatever reason. That's a big risk a team takes when it drafts high school kids, especially high in the draft. The kid can go to college for free for a couple of years and become a free agent afterwards.

It's interesting because Wheeler turned down the max offer for an entry-level contract by Phoenix. I wonder if he realized that place was like going to the hinterlands of professional hockey. For whatever reason, I'm glad he's wearing black -n- gold.

New GM, same old terribly run organization. This team is arse backwards. They don't pay when there's no cap, and they're in the top 5 in revenue, but overpay now, for mediocre talent, when there is a salary cap, and being wise with money matters. This team is mentally ******ed. If this article is correct, they're paying $4 million per season for a guy that Montreal scratched in the playoffs. Ryder is a nice talent, but he had 14 goals last year. The money seems to rich for a guy coming off a bad year.

$4 million for gritt.

read this again. really.

it's amazing to see the real lack of faith in an organization that is clearly, and has been, making progress, probably more than most in the eastern conference over the past 3 seasons. Ryder is alright. he's proving his worth as well--and the Bruins organization isn't "******ed".

New GM, same old terribly run organization. This team is arse backwards. They don't pay when there's no cap, and they're in the top 5 in revenue, but overpay now, for mediocre talent, when there is a salary cap, and being wise with money matters. This team is mentally ******ed. If this article is correct, they're paying $4 million per season for a guy that Montreal scratched in the playoffs. Ryder is a nice talent, but he had 14 goals last year. The money seems to rich for a guy coming off a bad year.

$4 million for gritt.

well since coach carbo is doing such a bang up job in montreal, really looks like montreal made the right move? ya right. Ask any rational hab fan (if you can find one), they would take Rydes back in a second. Carbo didnt have much use for Ryder in his system, he didnt know what to do with him while he was struggling. He is worth every penny. Great strong puck possession, 2 way player (Julien's guy, coached him enough in jr & habs), and has an excellent shot, can pick a corner mid slot area or face off circles outside the cage. Rydes could light the lamp 30+ times this year, mediocre talent?

$4 million for gritt.

I posted this on JULY 2nd, 2008.

I quoted myself here, to point out what crow is. Forget the black things flying around in the woods making wierd noises, or attacking people in 1960's movies. Whole those are crows, the above is crow. Oh, and mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, as a die hard Bruins fan, it tastes damn good!

EatingCrow.jpg

Personally, I'd wouldn't mind eating this Crow too.
82193.gif

Sheryl_Crow_96.jpg

I openly ate crow on DECEMBER 13th, 2008

read this again. really.

it's amazing to see the real lack of faith in an organization that is clearly, and has been, making progress, probably more than most in the eastern conference over the past 3 seasons. Ryder is alright. he's proving his worth as well--and the Bruins organization isn't "******ed".

Sure, now that they are first in the Eastern Conference they aren't ******ed. How were they the 30 years prior? This is still a franchise that can't get out of the first round. So while I'm extremely excited about the way they are playing, and constructed, having "faith" in an organization that has put dollar signs ahead of winning for 30 years, is only for those who don't know any better. If you're 18, or maybe 21, then you can have faith in the Bruins. If you can remember the games in the Gahdin, or better yet, actually watched them there, then "faith" isn't a word I'd associate with a Harry Sinden run, or Jeremy Jacobs owned team.

well since coach carbo is doing such a bang up job in montreal, really looks like montreal made the right move? ya right. Ask any rational hab fan (if you can find one), they would take Rydes back in a second. Carbo didnt have much use for Ryder in his system, he didnt know what to do with him while he was struggling. He is worth every penny. Great strong puck possession, 2 way player (Julien's guy, coached him enough in jr & habs), and has an excellent shot, can pick a corner mid slot area or face off circles outside the cage. Rydes could light the lamp 30+ times this year, mediocre talent?

See the post dated December 13, 2008. ;)

Nice of you to come back and eat crow and say you were wrong, but the way they have been playing recently, your concerns about them not being able to get out of the first round may still be valid, so don't eat too much crow just yet....................

Nice of you to come back and eat crow and say you were wrong, but the way they have been playing recently, your concerns about them not being able to get out of the first round may still be valid, so don't eat too much crow just yet....................
i smell yet another first round exit. they are playing like dog sh!t.

Every team goes through a rut, and with the Bruins having so many younger guys, this is somewhat expected. The key will be whether or not the younger players can get their second wind. Most of these players have never had to endure a grueling 82 game season at the NHL level, nevermind endure one where they were playing with such effort every night. It's sad that they could realistically lose in the 1st round, after all that they've done this year, but "it's called Bruins alright". I just hope they can get back to form when it matters, which is about 5-10 games before the playoffs start. I believe!

It's a Grand Canyon sized rut at this point.

A few years ago they burned themselves out fighting for the top spot in the east, pulling it off only to lose in the first round to the 8th seeded Canadiens.

Maybe this year they'll limp into the playoffs and get on a roll once they get there.

I hope.

Terrible loss tonight. Looks like they are getting it out of their system now rather than the playoffs...:D

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back