PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isaiah Wynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I'm not going to base this on just one game and am not ready to call him the 2nd coming of Matt Light but this guy looks like a veteran all pro out left tackle there last night...He stood up in the pocket,was never overpowered by any Steelers pass rusher and kept Brady pretty safe on his blindside.

I will go out on a limb and say this guy has the potential to be a multi pro bowler for years to come and could end his career with much greater accolades.

Its only 1 game and he passed with flying colors but I see great things from this guy ahead in his career if he stays healthy unlike most of our O linemen this year so far,this guy is a supreme talent.

The player I was most hoping would pan out in 2019 and beyond. Early, but looks promising atm.

Charlie Leno 2.0

Much like Shaq Mason, Wynn was beloved by every scout who watched him in college but universally projected to a position change based on height. If Wynn were a little longer (or even just had bigger hands!), the Patriots wouldn't have had a shot at him at #23. Maybe it's time that we start reevaluating which OL measurables to prioritize.

Will be an upgrade to Solder and Brown imo.

Much like Shaq Mason, Wynn was beloved by every scout who watched him in college but universally projected to a position change based on height. If Wynn were a little longer (or even just had bigger hands!), the Patriots wouldn't have had a shot at him at #23. Maybe it's time that we start reevaluating which OL measurables to prioritize.

I wish I could give this more than one Winner. Wynn is my favorite OL since Mason that I've watched in college. He displayed every single skill we'd ever want to see, yet people were down on him because of his height. Outdated methodology and metrics.

Isaiah Wynn reminds me of Bruce Armstrong he's only an inch Shorter. Wynn have Excellent Feet for the position he'll rarely get beaten. Lets hope he can stay healthy because at LT we wont need much help. That said at RT we are going to need all the help we can get with Marcus Cannon missing his customary games.

Love his quick feet and athleticism! Gonna pay dividends against these new/young super nimble pass rushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back