PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this it for Mac?

It’s already been done. He’s hasn’t been with the team since 2021.
Funnily enough the usual suspects were pulling the same "it can't be worse than what we have now" with Cam when he played here. Turns out it can be worse. Mac and Zappe were worse than Cam. So was Stidham for that matter.

Should Mac be tougher? Sure, but Belichick hasn't helped. Idiots coaching him last year. Total deterioration of the offense around him. Desperately needed help this year, and instead, they got worse talentwise.

Last year was the beginning of the end. When he was looking for help.... that told you all you needed to know. He had no trust that he was getting good coaching. Once that happened, things started to spiral.

It’s already been done. He’s hasn’t been with the team since 2021.
But is that not such a terrible idea? The season is lost. And for the first time ever, I agree that there aren't 32 NFL starters better than Cam...even right now with him out of football for two seasons.....

At minimum, Cam would cut down
on the interceptions/fumes, run the ball a bit better, and be harder to take down on sacks.... Cam would have us at 4-7 right now!

But is that not such a terrible idea? The season is lost. And for the first time ever, I agree that there aren't 32 NFL starters better than Cam...even right now with him out of football for two seasons.....

At minimum, Cam would cut down
on the interceptions/fumes, run the ball a bit better, and be harder to take down on sacks.... Cam would have us at 4-7 right now!
We have a guy like that, Malik Cunningham, try him.

Be careful what you wish for. Bob Kraft has hired two GMs since he bought the team. Belichick is the second. Bobby Grier was the first.
It's time for number 3.

I agree that Mac had a very promising rookie year and seemed like he was poised to become a decent QB. In retrospect he was very good until the bye week which followed the wind game in Buffalo. It seems like there was an incident during the bye where Mac was too hard on himself after getting some direct feedback from the coaches. He raised a few eyebrows after the Colts game when he said “Maybe we were feeling a little sorry for ourselves coming off our bye.”. This carried over in 2022 when the coaches were told to go easy on him until he made the statement about needing to be coached harder. My belief is that he was never able to get his head straight after that and has now completely unraveled at this point. The mental aspect of being a QB is the most difficult part, he needs a reset. The news is not all bad, Mac's mental coach is on the job.

8e673c36-5e2d-4c59-bb0d-0b5e8e93426f_text.gif
Yeah, don't buy that for a second.

Should Mac be tougher? Sure, but Belichick hasn't helped. Idiots coaching him last year. Total deterioration of the offense around him. Desperately needed help this year, and instead, they got worse talentwise.

Last year was the beginning of the end. When he was looking for help.... that told you all you needed to know. He had no trust that he was getting good coaching. Once that happened, things started to spiral.

Mac sucks. Get over it. Time to move on. This 2023 offense under BOB is worse than the 2022 offense under Patricia. You didn't notice??? You are still trying to pretend that Mac is a victim. Dude, come on, still with the old BB hate stuff? Mac is a victim? Really? The Pats babied Mac for his first year, and asked Mac to step up in Y2 and Mac **** his pants. Remember "check down Mac" in Y1? Mac was coddled and soothed in Y1. What more do you want?

Should Mac be tougher? That is not the question. The question is "Should Mac stop being a complete and total ****y?" Should Mac stop acting out like a complete baby? Should Mac stop blaming his recievers when he throws a ball completely over their heads? Should Mac stop blaming everyone else and stop crying?

Idiots coaching? McDaniels was great in Y1. Mac tanked in the last 5 game of Y1. In Y2 the coaches asked Mac to throw the ball down the field. Mac, literally not figuratively, screamed and cried and here you are blaming the coaches. Ridiculous. Should we get Mac a massage therapist on the bench? Maybe his girlfriend can sit with him on the bench and hold his hand?

Next you are going to post that the Pats coaches ruined Zappe. Zappe stares down his first, and only, read because of Pats coaching? If the coaching was better Zappe would not telegraph his passes. Ridiculous. If the idiots coaching were better Zappe could identify the blitz?

Things started to spiral. OMG - the spiral. Due to idiots coaching. Of course, it was the spiral. How could I miss the spiral. You are right, the spiral caught us all and that was the end. The spiral sucked us up and it is not Mac's or Zappe's fault, but it is the idiots coaching that led to the spiral. WOW! I never saw the spiral coming. We have to hate the dreaded spiral. Poor Mac. Poor Zappe. They are victims. If only the Pats coaching staff had not unleashed the spiral on them. Too bad. What a shame. Mac and Zappe would have been so great if not for the spiral.

This season has made it more readily apparent who I can't take seriously on this board. Something to be said for that.

I will after week 5 when the smurf takes over the NFL. It will ask if the smurf worked way harder than Mac Jones did. My vote is yes because we all know the smurf and his cannon arm is going to the hall of fame.
Mr numbnuts

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
If the shytshow in Germany wasn't it for Mac, why would the shytshow in Metlife be it for him?
Maybe Zappe had longer to make a case against the Giants. He did at least put points on the board. Either way, its shytshow and its coming to a screen near you.

If the shytshow in Germany wasn't it for Mac, why would the shytshow in Metlife be it for him?
Maybe Zappe had longer to make a case against the Giants. He did at least put points on the board. Either way, its shytshow and its coming to a screen near you.
Stevenson put points on the board. Zappe had 54 yards passing mostly on screens. When asked to throw down the field he threw a pick just as bad as one of Mac's.

Stevenson put points on the board. Zappe had 54 yards passing mostly on screens. When asked to throw down the field he threw a pick just as bad as one of Mac's.
Yes but he didn't throw two. Zappe did better than Mac. That isn't saying much admittedly.

Evan Lazar think the same thing as per his audio breakdown

Evan Lazar think the same thing as per his audio breakdown

Zappe threw into triple coverage. Not sure how it was just a good play.

Both were pretty horrible. Zappes average target was -1.5 yards.

We have no quarterback

I have seen enough of Mac. Even Brady's worst seasons numbers all managed to be light years better than the numbers Mac is putting in 2023.
I'd take Cam newton right now. I thought that was as bad as it could get. Nope the Mac& zap show this season has to be the NFLs worst QB group.or close

Be careful what you wish for. Bob Kraft has hired two GMs since he bought the team. Belichick is the second. Bobby Grier was the first.
BB's way worked 20 years it's not how the New NFL works. We need a Fresh New approach especially on the Scouting Ievel. On the Grier comparison you can always fire your GM.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back