PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is the NFL going through a great player drought?

Dude, fantastic movies are still being made today. Come on!!

Go watch ‘Parasite’.
Name a movie that year that gave it a run for it’s money without going to Google. See. Greatest movie year of all time is 1939. Parasite would have been in the high 20’s that year.

In a departure from most TV shows of the time, The Honeymooners was filmed in front of a live audience and broadcast at a later date. ... In 1966, Gleason began creating hour-long Honeymooners episodes, which he aired in lieu of his usual variety format.THe laughter in this particular cut is actual audience response. It was hilarious then and it stands the test of time...

I Love Lucy also filmed in front of a live studio audience, as did many, if not most, of the variety shows of the day…

Name a movie that year that gave it a run for it’s money without going to Google. See. Greatest movie year of all time is 1939. Parasite would have been in the high 20’s that year.

I agree with your point, even though coincidentally 1917 was probably the best movie of the decade and was better than Parasite. I saw both movies after the Oscars and couldn’t believe 1917 didn’t win.

The only movies I consistently enjoy now are Pixar. They’re great. They have the depth and story perfect for a two hours at the big screen.

Otherwise, 99% of the cinema movies are either total trash or good but can’t stack up with a great television series.

Yes, 1939 was magnificent. But there were plenty of dud years in the yesteryears too. Just a few years later we had 1945 and 'Parasite' is better than any movie in that year. You can't pick and choose.

Here are some good movies from this century

No country for old men
There will be blood
12 years a slave
Parasite
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Spotlight
Whiplash
Moonlight
Lost in translation
Spirited Away
Get out

And I understand movies can only become great over time. Time is the ultimate judge. I am pretty sure 'Parasite' and 'There will be blood', my 2 favourite movies from this century, will only grow in stature with time.

No more boring than baseball.

At least soccer has a game clock so you get some semblance when the game will end. The reason why soccer will be the # 1 is because from a young age kids are exposed to the sport in school. Approximately 10 years ago they built a 12 field soccer complex where I live thats jamb packed on weekends. Furthermore, fans would get behind a National team competing against other countries. Relative newcomer USA just beat Mexico 3 times in a row. Mexicos fans were incensed throwing beer bottles on the field.

The USA team just keeps getting better and has evolved into an opponent that shouldn't be overlooked. People still talk about the Olympic USA hockey team that defeated Russia.
Agree. Baseball and soccer both suck.

Are you trying to compare the 1980 hockey win vs Russia to a US team winning a soccer title? That's crazy talk.

Yes, 1939 was magnificent. But there were plenty of dud years in the yesteryears too. Just a few years later we had 1945 and 'Parasite' is better than any movie in that year. You can't pick and choose.

Here are some good movies from this century

No country for old men
There will be blood
12 years a slave
Parasite
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Spotlight
Whiplash
Moonlight
Lost in translation
Spirited Away
Get out

And I understand movies can only become great over time. Time is the ultimate judge. I am pretty sure 'Parasite' and 'There will be blood', my 2 favourite movies from this century, will only grow in stature with time.

No country for old men - Yes
There will be blood - Yes
12 years a slave - Never saw it, never will.
Parasite - Yes
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Haven't watched them yet but I did download them recently.
Spotlight - Meh
Whiplash - Yes
Moonlight - Meh
Lost in translation - More boring than soccer.
Spirited Away - No thanks on cartoons
Get out - A weaker version of Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

A few movies from this century that are better than most on that list:
Godfather and Godfather II
Shawshank Redemption
12 Angry Men
On the Waterfront
Somebody Up There Likes Me
Cool Hand Luke
The Sting
3 Days of the Condor
Life With Father (the 40's or 50's version)
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

I'm sure there's more.

In a departure from most TV shows of the time, The Honeymooners was filmed in front of a live audience and broadcast at a later date. ... In 1966, Gleason began creating hour-long Honeymooners episodes, which he aired in lieu of his usual variety format.THe laughter in this particular cut is actual audience response. It was hilarious then and it stands the test of time...

The Honeymooners is one of my wife's favorites.

Btw, Gleason's line of Away We Go was used regularly in a show called Billy on the Street, which I found to be very funny.

Currently we're into Two & a Half Men but only seasons 1-8.

Parasite - Yes
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Haven't watched them yet but I did download them recently.
Spotlight - Meh
Whiplash - Yes
Moonlight - Meh

Shawshank Redemption
12 Angry Men
On the Waterfront
Cool Hand Luke
The Sting

3 Days of the Condor

I'm sure there's more.
How about The Color of Money? Loved hearing "Werewolves of London" by Warren Zevon and "It's In The Way That You Use It" by Eric Clapton.

And of course some Hitchcock classics like Rear Window and The Birds.

Parasite - Yes
Spotlight - Meh
Whiplash - Yes
Moonlight - Meh

Shawshank Redemption
12 Angry Men
On the Waterfront
Cool Hand Luke
The Sting
3 Days of the Condor

I'm sure there's more.

Of course. I can name a hundred great movies better than most on the list I wrote. My point was just that the world hasn't stopped making great movies. Some of the movies from the last 2 decades will also be considered great with time.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back