PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is it Time for BB to Join the Coaches Union?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McClusky

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Suspend for a minute your belief or disbelief as to whether or not the Patriots cheated by deflating the footballs. Does anyone else find it a little peculiar that BB is the only head coach who is not a member of the coaches union, and at the same time is the only one of 100+ head coaches in his tenure with the Patriots to be investigated in depth for cheating, not just once but twice?

In order for any of these scandals to move forward a coach basically needs to contact the league with some allegations. Considering that we operate in a league where coaches cover their mouthes with playsheets because they believe opposing teams have trained lip-readers trying to steal their plays, I find it hard to believe that NFL coaches actually believe that BB is the sole person doing something nefarious. The NFL is the ultimate meritocracy, and I find it hard to believe that BB is the sole person in the NFL capable of cutting a corner or 2 to win with how much power, fame, and fortune is on the line.

So why is it that BB is the only one who seemingly ever gets caught or alledged to have done something? I think it's possible that there is a good deal of resentment among head coaches that he's broken from their pack. We know how union members in other industries treat non-union members. They're often made into pariahs. Is it possible that this is what is happening here?

LOL...like that will happen now.. no f*king chance

I don't think it's a Union thing, it probably has more to do with his winning ways and/or how he trets individuals than a mass coaches vs BB thing.

Payton isn't either. BB needs to join the rules committee. Or at least send Ernie Adams.

I don't think it's a Union thing, it probably has more to do with his winning ways and/or how he trets individuals than a mass coaches vs BB thing.
He treats individuals fine. As long as they dont ask him to play stupid. People throw crap on him because he doesnt give them what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes