PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Brady just a pawn being used to get to Belichick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PYPER

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I believe this whole mess is really about trying to bring down Belichick? There are many individuals within NFL circles with strong dislikes for the man. I will not be surprised if the league tries to suspend Belichick for even longer than they try to suspend Brady. We'll hear much from the mediots agreeing with whatever discipline is leveled against Belichick b/c he's the captain of the ship and should be aware of everything happening around him.

I'm not really worried about Brady's suspension b/c I fully expect him to win the appeal. In time, hopefully more studies will be done on football psi exposing the mass idiocy of this contrived controversy.

My question is what about Belichick? Does he, as a coach, have the same ability to appeal discipline levied by the league?

The players are protected by the CBA. Coaches not so much. And unless something has changed in recent years, I don't think Belichick even belongs to the Coaches Union or Association (?).

It seems unlikely for us to receive fair treatment with public sentiment being manipulated against us as it has but hopefully Kraft, Belichick, and Brady fight this with every resource available to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back