PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Bears/Patriots game eligible to be flexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is aggravating, I'd hoped if they did get flexed it'd be to SNF. The 1pm start was *perfect* for me and the 8:30 not so bad, but the 4:15 means that I'll at least miss the end of the game.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4pm game. You get to watch all the 1pm games, it's not the Sunday night up until midnight game, and dinner at halftime is always kind of festive. My only issue is when the early game goes over, but that isn't even that big a deal.

Awesome news!

the game time temperature just dropped another 15 degrees............brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I can now go to the Oakland- Jacksonville game at 1pm, and still be able to watch the Pats at 4....

LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4pm game. You get to watch all the 1pm games, it's not the Sunday night up until midnight game, and dinner at halftime is always kind of festive. My only issue is when the early game goes over, but that isn't even that big a deal.

Awesome news!

Plus you can pass out on the couch after the games over, and you don't have to worry about getting up again till morning.

This is not good news for me. Am watching the game from New Delhi, India. So it will now be a 2.45 AM game instead of a 11.30 PM one. :-(

Oh well, at least it's not as bad as the situation for those fans in China, HK, etc.

I really need to move back to the states.

not a good news for us in Europe too...the 1 p.m. games are absolutely the best ones

not a good news for us in Europe too...the 1 p.m. games are absolutely the best ones

Not to bothered about it being moved to 4 (9pm for me), but really glad it wasn't flexed to the late game. Those are killers. Next Tuesday morning will be hell for me after approximately 1 and a half hours sleep providing the game doesn't go into OT.

BTW. It's been made official. The game was flexed to 4:15.

LOL. My wife on Sunday informed me that my daughter's music recital would be the Sunday of the Bears game, at 2 PM. (As a non-sports fan, she didn't actually phrase it that way.)

Of course, being the good Dad, I've got to be there with my daughter. But still I'm thinking.... Hmmm, what a bummer to miss the Bears game.

Now that recital will be all wrapped up and I'll be home with remote in hand before 4:15. Life is good!

:D

Of course, being the good Dad, I've got to be there with my daughter. But still I'm thinking.... Hmmm, what a bummer to miss the Bears game.

get a DVR. you will never regret it and wonder how you used to live without it.

my father is as old and curmudgeony as they come and has resisted getting one even though my brother and i keep telling him to. on thanksgiving we paused the game to eat dinner, were then able to fast forward through commercials, and were able to do our own instant replay. after the game he admitted that he liked watching the game more that way and might need to get himself one.

Last edited:
I actually have a DVR, but these days with smart phones etc. I can't resist finding a live update at some point, and so it never seems the same when I am watching and it's not live. Just a personal hangup I guess, because the DVR is fine for all other entertainment.

Damn, I'm in NY and just saw that the game I'll get is Jets/Dolphins. Grrrrrrr.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back