PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Bam Childress Eligible For the Practice Squad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I know players can only be on the practice squad for a certain amount of time and Childress is going into his thrid year so is he still eligible?

There really isn't room for him on the roster but he is pretty good and has a lot of fight. It would be nice to keep him around for the future or to be brought up if injury strikes.

I think it might be very possible he will be on it this year...

While Bam Childress is an easy guy to root for in that everyone loves the underdog story, I don't think he has a shot on this team. I think it would actually be best for him to go to another team.

Let's face it, he was the Pats best receiver during the last preseason, and he was on the opening weekend roster against the Bills ONLY because we had three active wide receivers that day (B.Childress, T.Brown, and R.Caldwell). That's right, we only had three receivers and he still didn't factor into the game.

I wish the Pats could find a way to keep him, but it just doesn't look like it's going to happen.

I think we may be overvaluing Bam though, because last offseason he was released at least three times and no other team picked him up.

IT's the same way with PK Sam. We all thought he could be a real good receiver, and he just didn't cut it. I was watching an NFL Europe game last week and noticed that he is now playing in that league.

i dont root for Childress because hes the underdog..i root for him because i feel hes a good player. Watching him end of season 2 years ago and then last year in preseason...he was a beast. Hes like Deion ..small..more quick than fast. Reliable

too bad we didnt let him play last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore