PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone watching/Interested in the US open

Status
Not open for further replies.

fightingirish595

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
foxes coverage is absolutely pathetic

I'll always watch the back nine of a major on Sunday. Until then, meh.

I enjoy "blooper golf"...

giphy.gif

:)

Not until Sunday....

Protocol is prefacing thread titles of this nature with OT:

Whether recreational pursuits like golf, kickball, croquet, horse shoes, etc. warrant such attention on this forum is highly debatable, however.

Isn't the us open tennis? I don't even know why I'm in here, I couldnt care less about golf or tennis.
the U.S. open in tennis is in early september. i personally like tennis. i liked it a lot more back in the 80s. i can think of a million things i would do before watching golf.

have to admit, I have never watched more than 1 minute of golf on TV...no interest at all..

It was pretty bad.

The worst was having commentators that speak with such a strong foreign accent that they can't be understood outside of Britain or Ireland. Thankfully they dumped them when it came to crunch time.

It was great to see an American win. I was pulling for Koepka. The only negative was that he only tied McIlroy's US Open scoring record. He should have birdied 18.

Last edited:
I watched every minute of the US Open that I wanted to see. I DVR'd it each day and then zipped through it later.

It's kind of funny seeing so many posters in here complaining about golf. Then again, the thread title does ask the question.

What is that, golf or tennis or something?

It was pretty bad.

The worst was having commentators that speak with such a strong foreign accent that they can't be understood outside of Britain or Ireland. Thankfully they dumped them when it came to crunch time.

It was great to see an American win. I was pulling for Koepka. The only negative was that he only tied McIlroy's US Open scoring record. He should have birdied 18.
I thought there tracking of the golfers was awful and neglected some of the leaders before the 4th round. I was rooting for koepka as well. Been following him for a while. I placed a few wagers. I profited 480 dollars.so that was nice.
I watched every minute of the US Open that I wanted to see. I DVR'd it each day and then zipped through it later.

It's kind of funny seeing so many posters in here complaining about golf. Then again, the thread title does ask the question.

I watch all 4 rounds of every major. Especially the British. That's my favorite one. But they each have there own special thing and are beautiful in there own way. Except the PGA I suppose. That's kind of just an easier US open

I thought there tracking of the golfers was awful and neglected some of the leaders before the 4th round. I was rooting for koepka as well. Been following him for a while. I placed a few wagers. I profited 480 dollars.so that was nice.

I watch all 4 rounds of every major. Especially the British. That's my favorite one. But they each have there own special thing and are beautiful in there own way. Except the PGA I suppose. That's kind of just an easier US open

My favorite is the Masters.

The TV coverage definitely neglects the real stories to give us what they want. They have production meetings and decide what the story is going to be ahead of time. That's been happening for years. Right now they seem to want Jon Rohm and Sergio Garcia to be the story, even when they aren't.

One of my biggest pet peeves is when, in a rush to go live, they show you one player's shot from the twosome and you can see a ball sitting 4 inches from the cup. Then they show his playing partner's shot like we didn't see it sitting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes