PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone still worried about the Bills?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That he should have caught it.

He literally touched it.
Got it. I'll simply answer that he is a professional All Pro NFL WR who got to the ball and whose instincts made his hands go to a completely different spot than where the ball went. The fact is he was right there, putting his hands in a radius for the catch, and the ball bounced off one hand outside of that radius. It tells you he was nowhere near close to even making a competitive attempt at catching the ball, let alone completing the catch.

That’s not what happened.

Belichick played that way because he knew that was the only way they could possibly win.

Not because it was a disadvantage.

He knows Mac doesn’t have the arm for that wind, nor for the Bills defense.
So much wrong here. What Bill knew is you could not stop the run. That's what a great head coach does. He found your weakness and exploited it the entire game. Why have Mac throw against the top rated pass defense in the wind? I mean this is like football 101.

You know, the one that held the Patriots to 14 points and 7 punts in 9 drives in a 35 mph crosswind
an important omission I added

The Buffalo defense has been VERY good against the little sisters of the poor and the teams with no running game at all, I will give you that.

knowing all of the weird/bad circumstances it took for the patriots to barely squeak out a win of four points, I see the bills winning by double digits in Gillette

Barring no serious injury to either team between now and then I'd be more than happy to take some action on that.

The #1 defense in the NFL.

You know, the one that held the Patriots to 14 points and 7 punts in 9 drives.

Okay (1) how are you still posting the most posts on this thread? You know Buffalo lost right? (2) are you like 12 or something? I see guys talking about you being really young and if you are I don't want to be mean. But (3) dayumm

Here's how the stats work. There is a stat usually abbreviated "W" and a stat usually abbreviated "L". We got a W. You got an L.

It was a really low-scoring game because you had a patented Harry-potter-looking snow globe tornado going on (well the wind was there early, it only got Harry Potter in the post-game shots.) Don't be dumb. They didn't stink up the joint on Defense, but they were no New England.

Dude, you had your shot. It was 2020. I hope you are a young guy, then when BB and Mac are done your team might get another shot at relevancy. At the moment, though, this appears to be OUR millennium.

So much wrong here. What Bill knew is you could not stop the run. That's what a great head coach does. He found your weakness and exploited it the entire game. Why have Mac throw against the top rated pass defense in the wind? I mean this is like football 101.

That ignores the fact that outside of the long TD run, the Patriots only averaged 3.5 ypc.

Now of course the long TD counts. But it shows that the one long run can skew the stats.

Another thing to consider - The Patriots punted on 7 of 9 of their drives.

I hope that Belichick continues to think we can’t stop the run and rams the run down on throats to the tune of 14 points and 7 punts in the second meeting.

The #1 defense in the NFL.

You know, the one that held the Patriots to 14 points and 7 punts in 9 drives.

Since you like DVOA so much, please note that the Pats defense is now better than the Bills in Weighted DVOA, i.e. with lesser weighting for early season games. The Pats are #1 and the Bills are #2.

And unless the Bills hold Tampa to 3 points or less, the Pats will have the #1 scoring defense after next week.

The Pats are better in Team DVOA as well, Weighted or not, and are also perhaps to your surprise a much better team in Offense DVOA -- including in Passing DVOA -- and in Special Teams DVOA.

We're all looking forward to the rematch in Foxboro.

It's like arguing with a homeless delusional person....why ? Meh...it's a forum...that's what it's for. Carry on.

That ignores the fact that outside of the long TD run, the Patriots only averaged 3.5 ypc.

Now of course the long TD counts. But it shows that the one long run can skew the stats.

I hope that Belichick continues to think we can’t stop the run and rams the run down on throats to the tune of 14 points and 7 punts in the second meeting.

The key point is that the Patriots never had to deviate from the run because the mighty Bills offense could only score off of a Patriots's brain fart turnover (unforced) and a phantom roughing the passer penalty.

Oh, and could've and should've rationalizing is what losers do to get through the day.

Subtracting the Harris 64 yards, then removing the yards and carries of Mac Jones kneel downs (which you failed to do), I came up with 4 ypc. When you only pass 3 times, let them know you're running, and still average 4.0, that's called imposing your will.
If the Bills didn't have Josh Allen, they'd be the Jets.

I'm looking forward to Greencow's meltdown when the Bills are 7-7 in two weeks.

GreenCow--Denial is not merely a river in Egypt. You echo the clueless, bitter butthurt of your so-called coach. Which means you won't learn...which further signifies that you can expect to continue to fizzle into nothingness.

Time to get ready for the other fella. We'll be watching on Sunday. Hell, I think we'll have a game thread just for that one.

Super Bowl Football GIF by HULU

"Is anyone still worried about the Bills?"

The only thing I'm worried about at this point is GreenCow's mental health. Someone should doxx him so we can call in a wellness check.

I'm looking forward to Greencow's meltdown when the Bills are 7-7 in two weeks.

I expect they lose to the Bucs, beat the Panthers, lose to the Pats, then win their last 2 games. 10-7, probably a wild card.
If we drop the Colts game, the Bills game will be for all the marbles at that point. I expect Bill will given Allen the P Manning treatment... Big arm, high flying offense, rah rah rah. Shut down by dominant Defense, then crushed by a "system" QB.
In the WC round I hope they go to KC or TN (after they get King Henry back), fine by me if they get lucky and knock one off.

I expect they lose to the Bucs, beat the Panthers, lose to the Pats, then win their last 2 games. 10-7, probably a wild card.
If we drop the Colts game, the Bills game will be for all the marbles at that point. I expect Bill will given Allen the P Manning treatment... Big arm, high flying offense, rah rah rah. Shut down by dominant Defense, then crushed by a "system" QB.
In the WC round I hope they go to KC or TN (after they get King Henry back), fine by me if they get lucky and knock one off.
I thought they played the Bills after the bye, but it's the Colts. So I can see the Bill being 8-6 when they travel to Gillette.

Lmao at this thread

His fingers were near the ball

No they weren’t

Yes they were, everyone sees his fingers
No they don't

Seriously? Who gives a flying f*ck?

Bills lose, as usual. No headline there.

I thought they played the Bills after the bye, but it's the Colts. So I can see the Bill being 8-6 when they travel to Gillette.

I made the mistake of giving the Bills respect before this game, they definitely didn’t deserve it. They got beat, period, and then they whined and cried like the Steelers and Ravens always do.

Anytime a team runs the ball down your throat and you lose it’s your fault. Period. There are no excuses, unless you accept that you are little b.tches who aren’t up to the challenge. In which case you should stfu and weasel off into the sunset, even if that is the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes