PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is anyone else tired of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerRunRevival

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
People saying that the Patriots have given up on this year? Clearly the Hoodie believed Moss needed to go. Am I mad that we didn't get more for Moss? Absolutely. Do I think that Belichick believes that the Patriots are done this year so he has no problem trading Moss? Absolutely Not.

I think as an elite coach Bill believes that he has a contending team every single year. Randy Moss or no Randy Moss if the defense doesn't get better every single week then we are not a contender. I believe that our defense will eventually get better and our offense will control the ball with short passes to protect the defense.

People saying that the Patriots have given up on this year? Clearly the Hoodie believed Moss needed to go. Am I mad that we didn't get more for Moss? Absolutely. Do I think that Belichick believes that the Patriots are done this year so he has no problem trading Moss? Absolutely Not.

I think as an elite coach Bill believes that he has a contending team every single year. Randy Moss or no Randy Moss if the defense doesn't get better every single week then we are not a contender. I believe that our defense will eventually get better and our offense will control the ball with short passes to protect the defense.

it's just wishful thinking from fans of 30 other teams. especially from the 4 letter network. they've got fanboys all over that place.

Not only am I tired of it, I also think it's the embarrassing height of stupidity.

All coaches like to think they have a contending team every year but that doesn't make it true. We absolutely could have made a superbowl run even with our defense problems. But when you add offense problems (without Randy) to the defense problems, its not happening. Be realistic...

Not only am I tired of it, I also think it's the embarrassing height of stupidity.

I agree ... Bill needed to move the team forward and had a player who wanted the team to stay in reverse.

He happiest fans in the world right now are the Vikings's fans.

The unhappiest fans are the Patriots' fans followed by the Packers' and Bears' fans.

As far as the Patriots season goes, we will get beaten by the Vikings now which would not have happened if we had held onto Randy Moss.

I think that any team with a good defense will best them now. I think we've gone from potentially 13-3/12-4 to 10-6/9-7 with this move. It changes everything. Welker will not get the yac that he has done up to now, Hernandez will not get the room he had gotten to this point. The OL will be really tested now.

Last edited:
All coaches like to think they have a contending team every year but that doesn't make it true. We absolutely could have made a superbowl run even with our defense problems. But when you add offense problems (without Randy) to the defense problems, its not happening. Be realistic...

How long have you been a fan of this team? Did you follow the Patriots before Moss was here? If you think one player (Moss) makes that much difference, you know very little about how this team is structured, schemed and coached.

I am skeptical about our chances to win the superbowl this year but I still believe. We were able to move the ball without Randy in every superbowl year. We moved the ball via short passing and running the ball. I don't think our offense will have as many problems without Moss as the average fan would have you believe.

Our defense looked to take a step forward last week and I believe with the bye week they will continue to improve. There is still plenty of reason to be optimistic. I'll be realistic when I find no reason to be optimistic anymore. Try it, it's much better than being realistic.

How long have you been a fan of this team? Did you follow the Patriots before Moss was here? If you think one player (Moss) makes that much difference, you know very little about how this team is structured, schemed and coached.

No reason to question someone's fandom. It's more effective to convince them of your point than to convince them they are lacking in knowledge.

I thought this thread was going to be about being tired of randy moss threads....which i am.

Last edited:

I've been a fan since the early 80's, I've seen all the good, bad and indifferent trades. This one hurts more than any other since Curtis Martin.

The unhappiest fans are the Patriots' fans followed by the Packers' and Bears' fans.

As far as the Patriots season goes, we will get beaten by the Vikings now which would not have happened if we had held onto Randy Moss.

I think that any team with a good defense will best them now. I think we've gone from potentially 13-3/12-4 to 10-6/9-7 with this move. It changes everything. Welker will not get the yac that he has done up to now, Hernandez will not get the room he had gotten to this point. The OL will be really tested now.

In addition to Hernandez and Welker not being as open as they were before I'm going to add some optimistic points.
1. You will not see interceptions thrown because the ball was forced to Moss.
2. The offense will become unpredictable with receivers taking turns having big games.
3. There will be a renewed emphasis on running the ball which will help our run game (Tate is a better run blocker than Moss because he tries).
4. Our offense won't have the same quick strike ability but it will still be potent we have Tom Brady.
5. The difference between 13-3 and 9-7 is not Randy Moss, it is how quickly and to what extent the defense improves.

I've been a fan since the early 80's, I've seen all the good, bad and indifferent trades. This one hurts more than any other since Curtis Martin.

I'd make the argument that the Branch trade hurt the most because our team was a wide receiver of his caliber short of winning the title.

I don't disagree with your last paragraph but would wait for a couple of weeks before passing judgement. I trust BB was well prepared for this (considering that the team was yet to offer a long term offer for Moss) and didn't act just on his emotions.

However, I disagree with the bolded sections. (1) Not all Pats fans are unhappy (2) I think we will win against the Vikings irrespective of how much info Moss can provide them. Let's see.

I guess the assumption is Moss would never rise to the level of a distraction T.O. was in Philly. Moss may well have needed a long-term contract now out of fear of the lock-out (those deals don't come to 35 year old receivers), and the Pats were not prepared to do a deal this season. It sounds like things escalated over the course of the season, and well could have gotten worse. Reid runs a Belichick-like organization in Philly, had just come off a Super Bowl run, and watched his team go down the crapper the next year at the hands of a high profile locker room distraction and power struggle. If that happened in New England (and it sounds like last season had a number of bad apples, excluding Moss, who served as distractions and got the boot) with Moss, the same sources of the "giving up" claims would be looking for Belichick's head for having lost control of the team. Belichick likely did the best he could with damage control to resolve a bad situation for both the Pats and Moss.

If Belichick kept Moss and this situation really blew up, I expect the "quitting" claims would be replaced by organizational leadership failure claims. The fact that guys like Borges are jumping on this decision suggests those protesting the decision hope it is the stone that kills Goliath, the same as all previous stones (Milloy, Law, Branch, Spygate, etc.) they pathetically hoped would do the same. I personally view those opinions as the equivalent of listening to the village idiot.

Last edited:
Although the bye week comes at a good time for the Pats, it doesn't for the fans. Man, cannot WAIT to have a post-Moss game behind us....

Although the bye week comes at a good time for the Pats, it doesn't for the fans. Man, cannot WAIT to have a post-Moss game behind us....

How true, October 17th is never gonna get here fast enough. I would love to see the Pats beat the Ravens (for obvious reasons!) then come on this board to read what the "No Moss Doom and Gloomers" will be saying...

Last edited:
No reason to question someone's fandom. It's more effective to convince them of your point than to convince them they are lacking in knowledge.

You're right about this. It's easy to get fed up when people form opinions and make presumptive statements from sheer ignorance or laziness, so forgive me.

It made me sad as well. The point I was trying to make is that if you take enough time to dissect the reasons behind how and why this happened, it becomes a lot more understandable. In the end, the way things played out, BB had no choice but to let Moss go. And I place the onus squarely on Moss for precipitating the trade. Moss is a "me first" guy first and foremost, who becomes a team guy secondarily when the money, limelight, catches and victories align to suit him.

Last edited:

Perhaps you need to view the larger picture. The Patriots will have one of the best offenses in the NFL this year; almost certainly a top 5. Is being the #5 offense vs. the #3 offense something that's going to cost them the Super Bowl? I don't think so...

Now, being the #23 defense instead of the #10 defense - that will cost them even a chance to be in the Super Bowl.

The team had superbowl aspirations with Moss.Its all about getting in the playoffs and the defense improving from game to game.Can we win the division and make the playoffs now?I dont know.We are about to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case