PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting comments from Heath Evans about Mangini

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I just happened to tune into the last few minutes of the interview on WEEI. He said Mangini, got permission from BB to interview for Jets job. He said that Mangini came back and started recruiting coaches and players for the Jets instead of helping them prepare for the playoff game against Denver. He sounded very bitter about it too.

Last edited:
I just happened to tune into the last few minutes of the interview on WEEI. He said Mangini, got permission from BB to interview for Jets job. He said that Mangini came back and started recruiting coaches and players for the Jets instead of helping them prepare for the playoff game against Denver. He sounded very bitter about it too.

Ratgini: "Uh, Bill, I'd like to interview for the head coach position for the Jets."
BB: "Well, if you want to commit career suicide, I can't really stop you."

The only thing that confuses me is I thought rats were supposed to leave a sinking ship not join it?

Now he is a humble TV analyst. Its funny.

Ratgini: "Uh, Bill, I'd like to interview for the head coach position for the Jets."
BB: "Well, if you want to commit career suicide, I can't really stop you."

That's about how it went...

We never deny a staffer the chance to interview for a job we can't give them. Bill advised Eric not to take it. Eric reportedly felt that was due to Bill fearing his competitive genius... He was wr..wr...wrong. Eric was a bright x's and o's talent but a self absorbed and egotistical guy. Bill tried to break his bad habits without breaking his will. Didn't work, so he was probably not long for here either way.

Many of the vets on the defense weren't all that crazy about his attitude even before that. Eric suffered from smartest pudgy kid in the room syndrome.

I was listening too.

It was very interesting and Mut agreed lol!

Now whenever I see him on ESPN he talks very highly of the pats. Trying to bet back in BB's good graces.

Now whenever I see him on ESPN he talks very highly of the pats. Trying to bet back in BB's good graces.

He can try all he wants, but Obiwan only forgave Darth Vadar after he died, and I think that is about when BB will forgive the Rat!

He's still really annoying and says stupid stuff about NE...he's obsessed I say!

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet» Blog Archive » Eric Mangini details how Josh McDaniels input will help the Pats against his former team

It's funny bc I heard him say this on First Take and while everyone pretty much agreed (Bayless and some other dude, Kordell Stewart) that it's a slight advantage but nothing really noteworthy...The Rat starts saying "NO NO GUYS, you don't get it, it's a big deal!! OMG!!!"

Then after realizing he was going too far, he goes like, "well I mean I'm not trying to make a big deal about this or anything"

SMH

I would not be suprised if this is how it went down. For example, Brian Daboll went with Mangini as QB coach.

Amongst other reasons, I do think that BB believes that Mangini caused a distraction and hurt the team.

Mangina was a Fredo Corleone even back then making deals behind Belichicks back.

BB was like a brother to him.

I still believe that coaches and staff of any team should NOT be permitted to interview or even talk to other teams about jobs until their own team's season is over.

I fully understand that that places some folks in a difficult position as they may miss the chance of a better job. However, those interviews ALWAYS cause distractions for their current team and almost always impact the outcome of their season.

I'm going off of memory....

But didn't Mangini tamper with Matt Chatham, supposedly tamper with Deion Branch, and then snuck off without returning his playbook and/or video library?

I'm going off of memory....

But didn't Mangini tamper with Matt Chatham, supposedly tamper with Deion Branch, and then snuck off without returning his playbook and/or video library?

I thought it was laptop he was smuggling out, just like a rat smuggles a piece of cheese.

I thought it was laptop he was smuggling out, just like a rat smuggles a piece of cheese.

Oh that's right. But didn't that laptop have a copy of the aforementioned video library stored on it?

Yes, there was a laptop and it had a great deal of team info, etc on it. I understand that it was never returned.

I would not be suprised if this is how it went down. For example, Brian Daboll went with Mangini as QB coach.

Amongst other reasons, I do think that BB believes that Mangini caused a distraction and hurt the team.

Daboll had to wait a year. Mangini wasn't allowed to hired much of anything when he took the JETS job. That was part of the JETS deal on his even getting it. Daboll was another impatient ego. He was pissed when he got passed over for the OC in waiting position by Josh. So when his contract was up after 2006 Eric got him the QB coach gig on Schottsie's staff, not that he did anything with it. Then when Eric got canned and mindmumbingly got another HC gig, he took Daboll to Cleveland as his OC. Not that he did anything with that gig either. He somehow landed in Miami this season. Although any credit for Moore emerging after Henne went down is given locally to their QB's coach. Impatient guys who though Bill was keeping them down have a fraternity all their own. Rob Ryan who ran away to Oakland when he felt blocked by RAC and when that didn't work he joined Eric in Cleveland in 2009 and Jeff Davidson who ran away with RAC to Cleveland because he felt Josh unfairly passed him are also charter members. I think he was last Tice's assistant OL coach in Minny last season.

I still believe that coaches and staff of any team should NOT be permitted to interview or even talk to other teams about jobs until their own team's season is over.

I fully understand that that places some folks in a difficult position as they may miss the chance of a better job. However, those interviews ALWAYS cause distractions for their current team and almost always impact the outcome of their season.

This is not meant as an attack, but a serious question. Would you prefer a baseball-style hiring moratorium: teams may fire coaches between the end of the regular season and the Super Bowl, but no hiring or interviewing (except for in-house candidates) until the Super Bowl is over?

Last edited:
Yes, there was a laptop and it had a great deal of team info, etc on it. I understand that it was never returned.

How dumb do you have to be to steal a laptop with files on it that you want rather than just copying them to another machine and returning the original?

This guy wasn't a thief. Thieves are smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe