PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interest in James Bradberry?

I just checked all of the most reliable sources on the web…Sharks of Las Vegas, Incarcerated Bob, Erika Leigh, Spike King, Justin Ramos and Mo Chanel….no new Bradberry news.

PS. If you don’t get the Sharks of Las Vegas and Erika Leigh references (or your username is Captain Stone), your opinions are not valid here. Check the fine print.

I just posted this in the FA thread, but Bradberry was pretty bad last year.

He gave up the most TD's, 3rd most yards and 3rd in targets. He was picked on a lot.

Yeah, but it is my understanding he played like an All Pro in 2020. If that is the case, what made him play so bad last year and can he return to his 2020 form?

they have a little over 1 million in cap space and have yet to sign the draft class, how are they supposed to sign anyone?

Miguel and others have posted many,many times this offseason in great detail how the Pats can easily open up tens of millions of dollars in cap space, just as other teams have done. They have the ability, they just have chosen not to make the necessary moves….yet.

Miguel and others have posted many,many times this offseason in great detail how the Pats can easily open up tens of millions of dollars in cap space, just as other teams have done. They have the ability, they just have chosen not to make the necessary moves….yet.
And how they only need about $3M in new money not currently on the cap to sign their draft picks, and don't have to do so until TC starts.

If the Patriots signed him, Bradberry would immediately become the Patriots #1 outside cornerback.

So yes, adding him would be a huge upgrade to the defense.

Here's how Kraft and BB would respond to the fans though:

1652230271239.png

I just checked all of the most reliable sources on the web…Sharks of Las Vegas, Incarcerated Bob, Erika Leigh, Spike King, Justin Ramos and Mo Chanel….no new Bradberry news.

He just wants to have fun.

I'd be lying if I said I knew much about James Bradberry, certainly not enough to have a well informed opinion. My instinct is that if he's not good enough or is too expensive for the Giants, he's not good enough or too expensive here.... but who knows....

EDIT: Looks like he's on his way to Philly.... poor guy....

Last edited:
Interesting tidbit: Bradberry played for Samford, in the same Southern conference as UT Chattanooga, where Strange played.

I'd be lying if I said I knew much about James Bradberry, certainly not enough to have a well informed opinion. My instinct is that if he's not good enough or is too expensive for the Giants, he's not good enough or too expensive here.... but who knows....

EDIT: Looks like he's on his way to Philly.... poor guy....
We drafted young defensive backs with upside.
Bradberry wasn’t needed.
10 mill for a one year prove it deal is a great deal for both sides.

Interesting singing, wonder what he ended up getting paid. I was hearing TB and the Rams wanted him as well...guess he went for the money. No surprise.

Interesting singing, wonder what he ended up getting paid. I was hearing TB and the Rams wanted him as well...guess he went for the money. No surprise.
$7.5M base w/ total of $10M w/ incentives.

The Eagles were his most likely destination from the start. Many NFL “insiders” predicted that he would sign with them.

1 year, $10 million...Eagles are all about signing those free agents.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back