PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In Boston Sports History, Where Does This Rank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter. It's football. You drop 41 points you don't deserve to win. It's just as likely they go three in out or get stopped. Or picked. We got the lead and let the other team drive for 7 minutes killing the clock and scoring.
Quite frankly, that is more of a ringing endorsement of how great Brady has been for us all these years, then an argument for why this game was a heartbreak.

No other fanbase IN THE WORLD would have been quite that confident with their QB having the ball down 6 points with 2 minutes to play.

This isn't a heartbreak game. This is a team that got as far as its talent would take it and relied on a Brady comeback to win the AFCCG, and got beat by the better team. I agree with the 96 Superbowl as a comp. The Eagles were a machine this year. We lost to the better team. We did well to be in with a chance in the last minute
Ok so if instead of fumbling, lets brady drives them down for the game winning touchdown (like he was doing all game long, especially in the second half) would you guys still be saying the pats had no business winning?

How can anyone possibly say that a game that came down to a single play is a game that the pats had no business winning? The ball didnt bounce their way, but it easily could have. If you have a chance to win and don’t, because of a single play, that’s heartbreak to me.

If there are pats fans that arent heartbroken over a loss like this, i honestly envy them. I wish i could just shrug it off that easily

Ok so if instead of fumbling, lets brady drives them down for the game winning touchdown (like he was doing all game long, especially in the second half) would you guys still be saying the pats had no business winning?

1: That didn't happen
2: Yes. Brady was like 95% of the reason we were even still in the game at that point considering the weakness of the defense. He was the entire offense and the reason the offence isn't getting the same lash the defense is getting right now. If we'd won that game, it would be only and solely because we got carried by the greatest quarterback there ever was.
3: the fact that Philly stopped that comeback from happening is a part of the reason that they were the better team. How many times does Brady get stopped in that situation with the game on his arm and at least 2 minutes to go in the playoffs? IIRC this is maybe the second time in his entire career, not counting literal last second comeback attempts. He lives for this stuff, and Philly managed to get to him and kill his momentum. That's impressive all by itself

I am not smart enough to look up specifics...

My list...

Losing to the 85 bears
Losing to the Mets
Losing to the Lakers in 86
Losing to the Habs through 85 to 88
Losing 2007 to Helmut catch.

This one isn't that bad. We've won some too. And we just have to keep knocking. Sorry if I don't seem as down as others. But I am blessed being a pats fan. We have to gear up and rebuild defense. This is what we have to hope for.

Loved this season and being there in the end. We won't know why coach did what he did until it comes out. There is something there and we have to be mature enough to wait and not denigrate what he did for us.

Also, man, Brady was absolutely amazing.

Love this team. We are blessed.

I was much more angry about the 2006 afccg than this. I mean up 21 to 3. Going for 3 in a row and a junk bears team in the way ??

Really ? We lose to manning ???

I am still more annoyed at that and it was 12 years ago

I was much more angry about the 2006 afccg than this. I mean up 21 to 3. Going for 3 in a row and a junk bears team in the way ??

Really ? We lose to manning ???

I am still more annoyed at that and it was 12 years ago

You could have been more annoyed ten years earlier when special teams player won the game. Or worse ten years before than when we evidently played half a team of hall of famers.

It doesn't rank up as a bad loss for me. The Eagles played great and outplayed our defense. Brady was a machine.

This loss, i'm not upset, not sad, just really angry over the Butler situation. I'm coming away with the feeling that we beat ourselves.

This has to be up there. I was screaming to put Butler in all f*king night. No surprise the secondary played like trash. I'll never forgive BB for throwing this one away. We should have had this. So easy, just play f*cking Butler. No way we lose this with Butler in the 2nd half. No way.

Me too. But I think there was a problem there. I do not know. But there is something there. It isn't all bellicheck. There is something there. Signed... old guffah.

1: That didn't happen
2: Yes. Brady was like 95% of the reason we were even still in the game at that point considering the weakness of the defense. He was the entire offense and the reason the offence isn't getting the same lash the defense is getting right now. If we'd won that game, it would be only and solely because we got carried by the greatest quarterback there ever was.
3: the fact that Philly stopped that comeback from happening is a part of the reason that they were the better team. How many times does Brady get stopped in that situation with the game on his arm and at least 2 minutes to go in the playoffs? IIRC this is maybe the second time in his entire career, not counting literal last second comeback attempts. He lives for this stuff, and Philly managed to get to him and kill his momentum. That's impressive all by itself
I’m not taking any credit away from Philly, they won the game fair and square. But to act like the Pats had no business being in the game is just silly. Everything we’re saying about the Pats defense can also be said for the Eagles defense. They got shredded all game long by Brady and co. and NEEDED a great strip-sack at the end to hang on to the victory. I say needed because they had shown no signs of being able to keep our offense out of the end zone before that. It was a shootout of a game and we just so happened to end up on the losing side.

We had one of the worst coaching and defensive performances in the Bellichick era and it still came down to a final drive. People are trying to make this game seem like the New Orleans game in 2009 where we got outmatched in every aspect, but that wasn’t the case. It was two amazing offenses vs. two bad defenses, until one of the defenses stepped up and made a singular play that decided the game

How can anyone possibly say that a game that came down to a single play is a game that the pats had no business winning? The ball didnt bounce their way, but it easily could have. If you have a chance to win and don’t, because of a single play, that’s heartbreak to me.

If there are pats fans that arent heartbroken over a loss like this, i honestly envy them. I wish i could just shrug it off that easily
1. Even if the fumble didn't happen, it's just as likely the offense goes 4 and out at some point at the drive.

2. It's not even remotely a guarantee that we couldn't stop the Eagles from scoring right back.

So no it's not a heartbreaker. A heartbreaker is when you have the win and should win and something unlikely happens. There's a game every week where a team could win on the last drive and it doesn't happen for whatever reason. Every week. This wasn't like the Tyree catch where you absolutely should have won game.

I’m not taking any credit away from Philly, they won the game fair and square. But to act like the Pats had no business being in the game is just silly.

The only part of the team that was clicking all game was Tom Brady and a few of his steady receivers, like Gronk and Dola. We were being carried in that game by the best quarterback that ever existed and that's the only reason we were even in said game. I'd say "The Pats had no business being in the game" is a pretty reasonable statement when only the presence of the greatest quarterback of all time even made the game competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back