PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In a weird way, did the K.O. return for a TD impact the offense a bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beethree

On the Roster
Reaction score
Yes, OF COURSE we gladly take the points and we are better off with the return.
But - coupled with the turnovers, it contributed to the offense having been off the field for much of the early part of the game, and while you can attribute some of the O's stumbling to the Houston D, and maybe some to Brady being a little off (even though 10 of his incompletions were throwaways) I felt like a lot of it was just not being able to find a rhythm. Coming off a bye week, to boot.
I am expecting big things out of the O next week, and we can all be thankful we appear to still have a starting tight end going forward.

i have mixed feelings about bye weeks also: sometime it helps, sometime it make them rusty (plus no football for us ;))​

I think it's definitely possible. I would've rather see a TD drive there than a kick return. But obviously I'll take the kick return. Having no balance killed them last night. And they saved that sweep and reverse for when they were up 15, I thought that was bizzare

I think the turnovers had a bigger, negative impact on our team

I'll gladly take solid, complementary football any day, any week!

Take the pointd yes, but it delayed the offense's ability to establish a rhythm and it put the defense right back on there - the offense was a victim of circumstance for a bit they never really got them into the game until well into the 2nd

seems like a little bit of mcdaniels overthinking the playcalling a bit early......2nd half they picked up the pace and established a little continuity

Yes and no. Its always nice to score so its definitely not a negative.

BUT the offense went something like 20mins without the ball if I remember due to penalty and turnover and the ko return td

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe