PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm Sorry...The Damage Has Already Been Done

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
All Pats fans who are true fans of the sport of football and this team , please don't underestimate what this stupid incident has done to our team. Barring a miracle defense from BB or whoever this incident is going to tarnish the Patriots and there legacy. It could even work its way down to individual players like Brady and Bruschi etc.....These allegations will follow us teh same way allegations follow Bonds. This talk from Pats fans who say "oh everyone is doing it", it's no big deal. That is a very short sighted way to look at this. Who cares if everyone is doing it, we got caught. People say 75% of NFL players are taking undetectable performance enhancers, but when someone gets caught they are labled. The Patriots are now labled Cheaters, and I'm not sure they will ever be able to live it out, as the media won't allow it. All the great performances by our team and individuals in big games will now be questioned. I want to believe that we won all those games because BB and company provided us with ingenious schemes, Tom Brady and Bruschi etc.....wanted it more and played harder and smarter. Now sadly I can't quite believe that whole heartedly anymore. And the saddest part is even if the stealing of signals had nothing to do with any of those great games and seasons, it doesn't matter, because it will always be percieved that way, and perception is everything.I am not going to jump to conclusions, but I am very saddened that BB would put all there accomplishments in jeopardy with this bonehead move, one that wasn't neccesary. I want to believe the same way about all those great seasons today as I did before Sunday, now it is just hard to come to grips with the albotrosse that will be hanging on this teams neck for years to come. I just can't believe they would risk there reputation with this.....

Last edited:
All Pats fans who are true fans of the sport of football and this team , please don't underestimate what this stupid incident has done to our team. Barring a miracle defense from BB or whoever this incident is going to tarnish the Patriots and there legacy. It could even work its way down to individual players like Brady and Bruschi etc.....These allegations will follow us teh same way allegations follow Bonds. This talk from Pats fans who say "oh everyone is doing it", it's no big deal. That is a very short sighted way to look at this. Who cares if everyone is doing it, we got caught. People say 75% of NFL players are taking undetectable performance enhancers, but when someone gets caught they are labled. The Patriots are now labled Cheaters, and I'm not sure they will ever be able to live it out, as the media won't allow it. All the great performances by our team and individuals in big games will now be questioned. I want to believe that we one all those games because BB and company provided us with ingenious schemes, Tom Brady and Bruschi etc.....wanted it more and played harder and smarter. Now sadly I can't quite believe that whole heartedly anymore. And the saddest part is even if the stealing of signals had nothing to do with any of those great games and seasons, it doesn't matter, because it will always be percieved that way, and perception is everything.I am not going to jump to conclusions, but I am very saddened that BB would put all there accomplishments in jeopardy with this bonehead move, one that wasn't neccesary. I want to believe the same way about all those great seasons today as I did before Sunday, now it is just hard to come to grips with the albotrosse that will be hanging on this teams neck for years to come. I just can't believe they would risk there reputation with this.....

My God...will you quit your freaking whining? The Broncos and 49'ers were payroll cheating throughout their SB winning years.....do you see much about that.

Why do you see the OC's cover their mouths when calling plays.....gee...do you think its because they are worried somebody might be lip reading the calls?

And the biggest issue....why are you supposing that Bellicheck was the driving force on this?

Just let it go and lets see what happens.

Danny Boy....you can just bite me you moron.

All Pats fans who are true fans of the sport of football and this team , please don't underestimate what this stupid incident has done to our team. Barring a miracle defense from BB or whoever this incident is going to tarnish the Patriots and there legacy. It could even work its way down to individual players like Brady and Bruschi etc.....These allegations will follow us teh same way allegations follow Bonds. This talk from Pats fans who say "oh everyone is doing it", it's no big deal. That is a very short sighted way to look at this. Who cares if everyone is doing it, we got caught. People say 75% of NFL players are taking undetectable performance enhancers, but when someone gets caught they are labled. The Patriots are now labled Cheaters, and I'm not sure they will ever be able to live it out, as the media won't allow it. All the great performances by our team and individuals in big games will now be questioned. I want to believe that we won all those games because BB and company provided us with ingenious schemes, Tom Brady and Bruschi etc.....wanted it more and played harder and smarter. Now sadly I can't quite believe that whole heartedly anymore. And the saddest part is even if the stealing of signals had nothing to do with any of those great games and seasons, it doesn't matter, because it will always be percieved that way, and perception is everything.I am not going to jump to conclusions, but I am very saddened that BB would put all there accomplishments in jeopardy with this bonehead move, one that wasn't neccesary. I want to believe the same way about all those great seasons today as I did before Sunday, now it is just hard to come to grips with the albotrosse that will be hanging on this teams neck for years to come. I just can't believe they would risk there reputation with this.....
The world is over. God...if you can't handle this then stop watching the Pats or something.

The world is over. God...if you can't handle this then stop watching the Pats or something.
Good grief..whiners...GO HOME!!!

All this overreacting with no actual statements from the Commish or BB/Pats is hilarious at this point.

No damage is done until it is actually done. Just as this story has been widespread, a reverse could actually be done here.

'Commish says video is a violation, but Pats not guilty of stealing' to that affect could actually take place!

Think about it! What a scandal IF the NFL admits publically to any team cheating when all are suspected. Especially a SB Championship team in recent years the employees it's best coach and one of it's biggest stars. This is all going to blow over. Trust me on this...

These were the responses I expected from most. It is funny, people here just try and block out what all this means and could mean. Of course I hope this is put to rest, but if it isn't(which is what my post is based on) then what I say applies. I mean this is a sport and it is played by rules. Man anything negative comes out about the Pats and there Fans blast anyone who deosn't support the thoughts of the Patriots cheating is OK. It's not and in time alot of you will come to understand this. If true, the Patriots will have a hard time escaping the stigma that is bein gplaced on them right now. It's not whining, it's called dissapointment. Loving what the Patriots have built, and now looking at it all going up in smoke because of alleged cheating! I'm sorry if I am having a hard time with the whole thing!

Trolls and Moles..move along...nothing to see here.

You kiddin?? This IS the story nationwide! Of course y'all try to spin it like you're victims but no one outside of Mass. will go for it! I was going to really "pile on" here but out of respect for the Bradys and Bruschi's...I won't!

Hope it's all "unfounded" because the NFL is the best thing going and if BB did outright break rules to cheat, it'll be a sad day for the whole league!

These were the responses I expected from most. It is funny, people here just try and block out what all this means and could mean. Of course I hope this is put to rest, but if it isn't(which is what my post is based on) then what I say applies. I mean this is a sport and it is played by rules. Man anything negative comes out about the Pats and there Fans blast anyone who deosn't support the thoughts of the Patriots cheating is OK. It's not and in time alot of you will come to understand this. If true, the Patriots will have a hard time escaping the stigma that is bein gplaced on them right now. It's not whining, it's called dissapointment. Loving what the Patriots have built, and now looking at it all going up in smoke because of alleged cheating! I'm sorry if I am having a hard time with the whole thing!

Let me just ask you a serious question....Danny Boy agrees with your position 100%....what does that mean about the validity of your original post and position?

Be at peace....this too shall pass.

You kiddin?? This IS the story nationwide! Of course y'all try to spin it like you're victims but no one outside of Mass. will go for it! I was going to really "pile on" here but out of respect for the Bradys and Bruschi's...I won't!

Hope it's all "unfounded" because the NFL is the best thing going and if BB did outright break rules to cheat, it'll be a sad day for the whole league!
So another troll reveals himself. Well he has not trolled but he "intended to".

Everyone needs to go to bed and see what tomorrow brings.

As I was typing this my Mom called and said she happened to go to Barnes & Noble in Braintree tonight and when she got there it was mobbed and she couldn't understand why. Then she saw Tedy sitting there with hundreds of people in line waiting for him to sign books. She tried to get in line but they told her it was too long and to try in a little while. She can't stand for long periods as she has two bad knees, so she was about to give up after trying to stand there several times. As she was leaving, she noticed Tedy was still there (even though the event was over) with some employees and the security officers waiting for him to sign. They let her come up and he signed two books, personalized for my sons and my nephew. She said he was so gracious and nice and so handsome in person!

Damage can be repaired. Lets see what happens.

What is short-sighted is imbeciles like yourself and Danny Boy convicting the Patriots before you even know everything.

First and foremost, Gooddell hasn't said bupkus regarding the allegations. Screw the "league sources" who don't know jack.

Secondly, As has been pointed out, how is it that a person with Patriots Credentials is on the JETS SIDELINE? Not gonna happen.

Next, they don't allowed film equipment in the lockerrooms or up in the coach's booth. The coach's booth ONLY has the live feeds provided by the NFL.

Next, the garbage about the radio frequencies is laughable. The NFL controls the frequencies. NOT the teams. If there is an issue, then its an INTERNAL NFL issue.

Lastly, why don't you take your negativity and go root for the Jets. Its people like you who insist on making bigger issues of things than they really are.

If Gooddell is going to make an example of the Patriots, he better do it with EVERY GODDAMNED TEAM because they ALL do it. This idea that its ONLY the Patriots is so friggin bogus its pathetic.

No it's called being a Troll...

You're hysterical my good man! Waiter, Valium!

This would have been a nonstory if the Lions had been caught, just as it's a nonstory when crappy baseball players get busted for steroids. Don't let the media explosion color your perception of what this actually is: much ado about nothing. If they gained a competetive advantage they should, and will, be punished. I don't remember all this pissing and moaning when the Broncos were gaming the salary cap during their super bowl years, which, by the way gave them a huge, demonstrable competitive advantage.

What is short-sighted is imbeciles like yourself and Danny Boy convicting the Patriots before you even know everything.

First and foremost, Gooddell hasn't said bupkus regarding the allegations. Screw the "league sources" who don't know jack.

Secondly, As has been pointed out, how is it that a person with Patriots Credentials is on the JETS SIDELINE? Not gonna happen.

Next, they don't allowed film equipment in the lockerrooms or up in the coach's booth. The coach's booth ONLY has the live feeds provided by the NFL.

Next, the garbage about the radio frequencies is laughable. The NFL controls the frequencies. NOT the teams. If there is an issue, then its an INTERNAL NFL issue.

Lastly, why don't you take your negativity and go root for the Jets. Its people like you who insist on making bigger issues of things than they really are.

If Gooddell is going to make an example of the Patriots, he better do it with EVERY GODDAMNED TEAM because they ALL do it. This idea that its ONLY the Patriots is so friggin bogus its pathetic.

Well said, DB. Why are people forecasting doom and gloom without any specifics to go on? Why borrow future pain that may not happen? We all need to chill and let things take their course.

I disagree with the opening post 100%. I never gave a damn what they said about Brady's noodle arm, the tuck rule, BB's classlessness, Kraft's influence, etc., I just enjoyed watching my Patriots win Super Bowls. This doesn't detract from it one bit for me.

I disagree with the opening post 100%. I never gave a damn what they said about Brady's noodle arm, the tuck rule, BB's classlessness, Kraft's influence, etc., I just enjoyed watching my Patriots win Super Bowls. This doesn't detract from it one bit for me.

Me neither, we'll both enjoy winning the SB this year all the more because of the disrespect the pygmies have thrown up at us.

Great post, I would like to add that is will unite the team like nothing else. They are being told by the media that all there wins were by cheating and not by have great players. They will take it to heart and they will run with it big time.
I can't believe the high moral crap that is going around here. This is a NFL football team they have never been a boyscout league. If you are hurt over this them God have mercy on you.

I'm sure every team has their stuff that they do to try to gain an edge, like Miami last year but this does kinda suck. We got this legacy going and now people are gonna have legitimate reasons to question it. Hopefully it will blow over but its very annoying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back