PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know?

Re: I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know

What should you know?

Don't take the train. Deal with the parking and select the advice posted prior.

Dress in layers. Wear a scarf to keep neck warm. It's cold at night.

Bring sports binocs unless you're mid sideline in the 100s. Buy a pair.

The new TV screens are fantastic. Replays are easy to watch.

Locate the nearest mens room to your seat and plan your quick sprint should you need to drain the donkey during the game. A sprinter, I hold the stadium record, sprinting up from the 1st row, taking a whiz and back walking down the stairs seeing the play before the TV time out ended. Avoid long halftime whiz lines and don't stand behind old guys with prostrate (sic) problems.

I went to the Dec 6th Pats-Jets game and Patriots Place restaurants had well over one hour waits with lines outside in the cold. My personal secret, now public, is if the name restaurants are bombed as they will be, eat at the movie theater's bar. Food's quite decent.

Last edited:
Re: I'm contemplating going to my first pats game (pats/jets duh), what should i know

Personally, I am not one to tell you. I have been there in a few years. Gave up my season tickets about three years ago when it became too burdensome to go to every game and I just people were just too jaded with the Pats just being above average and not wanting to buy my tickets.

For a newbie, it should be a great experience though.

Here are a few tips:

1.) Park in one of the private lots on the opposite side of the stadium preferably on the 495 side. After the game, you will thank me when you get home an hour earlier than if you parked in the team lot.
2.) Even if you live close to Boston, you are better off to exit towards 495 than 95 if you park on that side of the stadium. That direction has far less traffic.
3.) I would go in early. If you park away from the stadium, start to go in 45 minutes to an hour early. In a stadium lot, 30-45 minutes early. It can take you time to get to your seat.
4.) Plan for a post tail gate. I find if you stick around the parking lot and tailgate for 30 minutes to 1 hour after the game, you can get out just as fast and you aren't just frustrated sitting in your car.

So yeah... i'm highly tempted to get tickets on stubhub.

I know travelling to and from the stadium is a nightmare and parking is a ripoff.

What should a newbie know about going to a pats game?
1. Go to the game

So yeah... i'm highly tempted to get tickets on stubhub.

I know travelling to and from the stadium is a nightmare and parking is a ripoff.

What should a newbie know about going to a pats game?
It depends on what you want. If you want to tailgate before and after the game, you may not want the following advice. As for me... While I stay to the end of the games, once they're over I want to get going as fast as I can.

So what I do is as I'm on Route 1 approaching the stadium, I park in the first lot I see (or one of the first lots) on my left. That way when it's time to leave, all I need to do is take a right to get out of my lot. Traffic is usually a crawl, but once you're past the final lot (in other words, the one I parked in) things pick up.

Yeah, it's a long walk but coming out of the stadium you're pretty much moving faster than the cars right next to you are. Also, you save about $25 doing this.

Last edited:

Having never been there, where on RT1 do you park? On the road? Also, if i decided to park in the parking lot, will i be able to if i got tickets off stubhub instead of through the Patriots?
There are all sorts of non-team-owned lots along route 1, and then closer to the stadium you have the official stadium lots. None of these lots care where you got your ticket... heck I don't think they care if you even have one at all.

(NOTE: OK, the club seat and luxury box parking lot cares about your ticket so don't try to get into that one).

I traveled to the GB game from Southern California, if you have money and are in the area you should go. It was worth it for me.

Little tidbits from my trip;

1. Parking is a *****, but it's not that bad. Depending on what your spirits are like after the game (eg: Pats win) you can just go hang out with some people that were tailgating, that's what I did. I was fortunate that the group I walked up to first was pretty welcoming. Just shoot the **** and leave after like 45 minutes when the parking lot clears up.

2. Try and get the best tickets you can, it's worth every penny. I was in section 113 and got to see two Hernandez touchdowns right in front of me, as well as a Dan Connolly return down the sideline in front of me. And those are great memories.

3. Bring your noise, and the crowd there is pretty docile compared to what I've heard of other stadiums, but do your job as an insane fan (someone who goes on forums) and get the crowd pumped around. I tried my best to get the people nearest to me to get crazy, I lost my voice around the third quarter.

4. Go Pats

Last edited:

Trip that old stupid Jet fan with the fire helmet if you see him.

What should you know?

Don't take the train. Deal with the parking and select the advice posted prior.

Dress in layers. Wear a scarf to keep neck warm. It's cold at night.

Bring sports binocs unless you're mid sideline in the 100s. Buy a pair.

The new TV screens are fantastic. Replays are easy to watch.

Locate the nearest mens room to your seat and plan your quick sprint should you need to drain the donkey during the game. A sprinter, I hold the stadium record, sprinting up from the 1st row, taking a whiz and back walking down the stairs seeing the play before the TV time out ended. Avoid long halftime whiz lines and don't stand behind old guys with prostrate (sic) problems.

I went to the Dec 6th Pats-Jets game and Patriots Place restaurants had well over one hour waits with lines outside in the cold. My personal secret, now public, is if the name restaurants are bombed as they will be, eat at the movie theater's bar. Food's quite decent.

Whiz breaking............

Nobody can whiz like I can at a game. I have never, ever missed a play and I have it down to a science. I usually will whiz once each half, even if i do not have to in order to prove to my section I still got it.

It's all about timing....ya gotta know when to go and when to hold it. Look for the guy with the huge orange gloves on the sideline, near the visitors bench, he is located near section 134 he is the TV timeout guy and he holds the key to the TV timeout. You can easily get a jump on the crowd with his "tells". Consider going right after a TD and watch the extra point from top of section - then sprint to mens room, Have fly unzipped as you walk in and never ever wash hands after - gotta rough it.

Last edited:

you should know that its going to be cold...but all the pats fans in the place are great people...you feel like family when you are there...i love it there

but watching at home, playing beer pong with the family...thats fun too

you should know that its going to be cold...but all the pats fans in the place are great people...you feel like family when you are there...i love it there

but watching at home, playing beer pong with the family...thats fun too

Definitely. You've got to make sure you layer up because you'll be standing outside for like ~5 hours.

What you do is stop being such a ***** and go to the damn game. Unbelievable!

Great advice! Or at the very least, try to eat early. I started looking for food that night about 2 hours before gametime. Too late, lines were over an hour long and it was crazy. Luckily got in five guys.

What you do is stop being such a ***** and go to the damn game. Unbelievable!

True!

If I lived within a 5 hour drive of the Stadium, I'd be going!

3. Bring your noise, and the crowd there is pretty docile compared to what I've heard of other stadiums, but do your job as an insane fan (someone who goes on forums) and get the crowd pumped around. I tried my best to get the people nearest to me to get crazy, I lost my voice around the third quarter.

+100

If you are sitting near the bottom of a section, so people above you will see it, you might bring a sign that is small and relatively unobtrusive, that just says 'Noise!' or something to remind people not to suck.

+100

If you are sitting near the bottom of a section, so people above you will see it, you might bring a sign that is small and relatively unobtrusive, that just says 'Noise!' or something to remind people not to suck.

I stuck to just shouting at the people next to me "Get loud!" it worked well for the most part. My one game I've been too was a night game, I don't know how it compares to afternoon games etc, but I was standing the entire time. I've heard that in other games people will complain about people getting in the way. But **** that, stand the entire time, freeze your ass off and if you can talk on Monday without a horse voice you failed us :D

Last edited:

If your willing to spend the money on tickets from stub hub then what are you waiting for? There are just a few things in life that are better then going to watch you favorite NFL team play live and this one being a home playoff game, against the Jets and seeing them march towards the Superbowl... And you have the next day off to recoup! You buy those tickets now and live and enjoy the experience. Go way early, meet Pats fans, drink beer and get wild and loud during the game. Dude, this is a must go! You will kick yourself if you don't go.

Whiz breaking............

Nobody can whiz like I can at a game. I have never, ever missed a play and I have it down to a science. I usually will whiz once each half, even if i do not have to in order to prove to my section I still got it.

It's all about timing....ya gotta know when to go and when to hold it. Look for the guy with the huge orange gloves on the sideline, near the visitors bench, he is located near section 134 he is the TV timeout guy and he holds the key to the TV timeout. You can easily get a jump on the crowd with his "tells". Consider going right after a TD and watch the extra point from top of section - then sprint to mens room, Have fly unzipped as you walk in and never ever wash hands after - gotta rough it.

Excellent advice! I'd shake your hand to congratulate you, but since you didn't wash... ;)

Hey everyone, I cannot post my own thread but I was wondering if tailgating is open to everyone? I am going today but don't have my own equipment.

Is there a flat fee given to the runner and it acts as a buffet or do we get charged for food by the item? Just wondering how it works for outsiders like me....and how much is it usually?

thanks!

Honestly thats friggin funny SH*$ right there !!

I am with ya its not a dawm Tennis Match is G D FOOTBALL you are suppose to be roudy and cheer your team on. All these " FANS " should stay home and be silent on there coach so the rest of us can be well Football Fans !

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back