PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If we trade down from 3?

Plan A: Trade from 3 to 5, draft Maye

Plan B: Stay at 3, draft Maye

Plan C: If Maye’s already gone, trade down MULTIPLE times for MULTIPLE Day 1/2 picks BOTH this year AND next year, then draft Bo Nix and have him sit this season while Brisket runs an offense with which he is already familiar, and with an improved roster because of the extra draft picks so that when Nix is ready in 2025 he can hit the ground running…
Maye or McCarthy for me.

the only speculative offer I’ve heard that I liked was Jefferson, and two firsts for #3

Realizing JJettas probably isn’t going anywhere I haven’t heard many other speculative trades that made me want anything other than staying at 3

Ahh. I actually agree with that to a point. bottom line I disagree that you NEED a first round quarterback. i'd rather have a guy who can play the role and beef up the roster in other areas. I'm a big believer in the ground game. A good ground game, a good line, and a decent QB is how I prefer to set things up if I have everything my own way. basically the 49ers current model that's making a 7th rounder look like literal God..
Until defining plays in the SB came up. If you put Allen or Burrow on the niners for that game, it's a wrap by the third quarter. Guys like that would make plays in which Purdy didnt. Even if the niners won, I would say their model is hard to replicate because they draft so well. Like crazy well. SF was probably the better overall team in those two SB's. Just like the 2018 Rams were probably a better overall team than the Patriots. But, when the chips were on the table, they didn't have a gut who could quite go toe to toe with the best. Sorry for run on sentences.

I know the 2002 Bucs were mentioned earlier. But that was over 20 years ago in a different game. Tough to compare.

I agree that a good ground game is key. Because two out of three negative plays can happen when throwing it all over the field.

I guess we are kind of agreeing lol.

the only speculative offer I’ve heard that I liked was Jefferson, and two firsts for #3

Realizing JJettas probably isn’t going anywhere I haven’t heard many other speculative trades that made me want anything other than staying at 3
But would Kraft pay what he wants? He will get 35 million per year or so. And would he be happy going from Cousins to Brissett? Because Cousins is way better.

Thing is too, going in the Vikings spot may make it tough to get McCarthy. Unless the plan is to get a QB next draft.

Plan A: Trade from 3 to 5, draft Maye

Plan B: Stay at 3, draft Maye

Plan C: If Maye’s already gone, trade down MULTIPLE times for MULTIPLE Day 1/2 picks BOTH this year AND next year, then draft Bo Nix and have him sit this season while Brisket runs an offense with which he is already familiar, and with an improved roster because of the extra draft picks so that when Nix is ready in 2025 he can hit the ground running…
Maye wouldn't be there at 5.

Has anyone mentioned how the Patriots signing KJ Osborn nets the Vikings an extra 2025 3rd round compensatory pick?

Pats Buzz

youknow-you.gif

Has anyone mentioned how the Patriots signing KJ Osborn nets the Vikings an extra 2025 3rd round compensatory pick?
Probably a third, but if Hunter gets hurt and plays fewer than 25% of the Texans’ defensive snaps then that pick probably falls to 4th round value, the offsets all happen differently, and they end up with a 6th instead.

I am sure Washington ain't moving out we on the other hand Hmmmmm... I am sure Wolf will think very deeply about it: one things for sure including those picks...Jordan Addison would have to be part of the package. Vikings send 11 - 23 and WR: Jordan Addison to the Patriots for #3 overall. That would be awfully tempting loved Addison last Draft we get a young WR: 11 and 23 get us a Offensive Tackle and a Second tier QB we would fill some gaping holes who's with me?? :cool:

Knowing our situation is building a competitive Offense such a bad thing?? Asking for a Friend.

Last edited:
I am sure Washington ain't moving out we on the other hand Hmmmmm... I am sure Wolf will think very deeply about it: one things for sure including those picks...Jordan Addison would have to be part of the package. Vikings send 11 - 23 and WR: Jordan Addison to the Patriots for #3 overall. That would be awfully tempting loved Addison last Draft we get a young WR: 11 and 23 get us an Offensive Tackle and a Second tier QB we would fill some gaping holes who's with me?? :cool:
A godfather offers brings us the Vikings’ 2025 #1 as well.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back