PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If We Pick At 15

Felger Mr know it all might cry if Jimmy G gets traded to another team. Move on Man

Name the QBs. Anyone you name will be argued by some that no, they're not better.

I get it: you HATE Cam with the fire of a thousand suns.

$70 million in CAP space was used to improve a roster completely devoid of a middle class. So, exactly what you said.
I’ve named them before. I can’t believe anyone who watched him play last year argues this.

Ok so then they need to trade up and get the QB, otherwise all that is wasted.

You could argue that committing to newton as your QB is reverse tanking. Instead of planning to get the lowest pick when you can’t challenge for a title the patriots are trying to the best team that doesn’t make or can’t win in the playoffs.

I’ve named them before. I can’t believe anyone who watched him play last year argues this.

Ok so then they need to trade up and get the QB, otherwise all that is wasted.

You could argue that committing to newton as your QB is reverse tanking. Instead of planning to get the lowest pick when you can’t challenge for a title the patriots are trying to the best team that doesn’t make or can’t win in the playoffs.
Take that up with BB. He could have acquired Trubisky or Mariota or Dalton, or the rest of the available guys and he didn't (inquired about Alex Smith apparently). So argue with him.

Not what I said at all. I was arguing for bringing in Garoppolo and/or a first round rookie QB, and I specifically said I don’t want Cam starting and I don’t trust him as the starter. That has more to do with my feelings than Cam’s. I only argued that Cam may want to be let go of if he isn’t starting, and that’s speculation on my part.

Let me turn it around and ask you this. You’ve stated before that you’re against bringing in Garoppolo because he’s bound to miss games to injury. Would you honestly want Cam to be kept around as the backup, knowing that he would be playing as soon as Garoppolo gets hurt? Would you not want the rookie QB or even Stidham to get that shot instead?

If you don’t trust Cam at all then I don’t get why you’re disagreeing with me. I’m not saying don’t find an upgrade for Cam, I’m saying it doesn’t make sense for him or the team for him to stick around once the upgrade is found, especially if two of them are found. Do you understand now?
Im disagreeing with your position that “undercutting cam” is even a thought.

His value would be if we move up and draft a rookie, he knows the system so we can devote coaching resources to the rookie rather than teaching a different stop gap the system.

If we got Jimmy and a rookie send Newton packing.

Take that up with BB. He could have acquired Trubisky or Mariota or Dalton, or the rest of the available guys and he didn't (inquired about Alex Smith apparently). So argue with him.
Which is why it seems obvious he is trading up for a QB. Otherwise he royally screwed up.

I am discussing BBs decisions, or at least the hypothetical ones people think he is going to make.
I am not arguing with anyone, I am giving my assessment and you appear to be arguing with me.
Have a blessed day.

If we pick at #15... Jaelan Phillips Edge University of Miami is my prediction.
He had several injuries while at UCLA including a concussion and stepped away from football in 2018, before coming back and transferring to Miami the following year. He’s my favorite edge rusher in this draft but the medicals scare me.

if his medicals check out Bill will be all over this guy, 6'-6" 260 4.5 speed... yikes

Who cares about the media?

We may not, but whoever that QB heir may be might - that's the concern. We have no idea if (or in not) this year's QB is influenced by such things. If it's Cam...likely not, but if it's not...it's a consideration (how much of one is undetermined).

Last edited:
We may not, but whoever that QB heir may be might - that's the concern. We have no idea if (or in not) this year's QB is influenced by such things. If it's Cam...likely not, but if it's not...it's a consideration (how much of one is undetermined).
Nah they laugh at the media

That would be a disaster of a draft!
I don’t agree with that. Both players have the talents to be franchise players.We are not getting Jimmy G. Been there done that. Agree to disagree people

You just hate Fields. Nothing to discuss anymore. We will see what happens tomorrow

You just hate Fields. Nothing to discuss anymore. We will see what happens tomorrow

it’s not personal, it’s football.

everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Do I think fields would be baleful for the team, yes! Do I hate him? No! I wish him nothing but the best. Especially if he plays for a different team.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back