PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Vince Wilfork Retires, His Next Stop Should be Canton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: for unoriginality - Repeated what ArizonaPats said.

Yeah NT's don't make the NFL HOF, shame. VW will be a first ballot Patriots HOF inductee.

Sadly, anti-Patriot and DT bias will probably keep him from getting a gold jacket. 24 playoff games 2 rings and all that.

I love Vince but just don't see him in the NFL Hall, but he's a lock for the Pats HoF as a previous poster stated.

The NFL HOF lets in too many people. Maybe Vince should get in if they let in 9 people a year...

Only football players and football diehards know how good Wilfork was.

Huge fan of Wilfork, but this is a classic case of Pats Myopia.. A Pats HOF'er more likely.

Disagree completely, he was the most dominant player at his position for over a decade and that's the criteria. Whether or not they recognize that is another question but nose tackles should be getting in regardless of stats. Smerlas is a douchebag but he belongs in the Hall as well.

He's got a better chance than most because of his visibility as a member of the Pats dynasty, but I'm not sure he'll get into the NFL HOF. Pats HOF? Without a question.

There needs to be a Valhalla-like spread for that HOF induction ceremony.

Of course he was a beast, taking on double and triple teams his whole career, and his athleticism is off the charts, evidenced by long interception and fumble returns. What some people forget, IMO, is he was used as almost the whole line fora period in his prime years to save cap money. Kyle Love, a jag if there ever was one, manned the nose or other tackle position while wilfork moved to the strength of the defense, be it at end or tackle and played, in effect, as two of a three man line. Seymour and Warren gone, they weren't even replaced.

I looked up past rosters and Pro Football reference simply lists him as the only starter at Defensive line in 2010.

Last edited:
I would like to see the Texans honor him by releasing him and allowing the Patriots to sign him so he can retire as a Patriot. He was way too much of a Stalwart in the middle for us not to honor him this way.

Disagree completely, he was the most dominant player at his position for over a decade and that's the criteria. Whether or not they recognize that is another question but nose tackles should be getting in regardless of stats. Smerlas is a douchebag but he belongs in the Hall as well.

I love Vince, but he was no Ted Washington.

I love Vince, but he was no Ted Washington.

In Teds prime, I agree.

When Ted was here, no.

VW is a cut below the Reggie White, Cortez Kennedy crowd.

I have to admit I'm surprised so many think he's not worthy. I'll be the first to admit I'm not qualified to judge the nuances of interior line play but the way people rave about him, I've always thought he sounded like a lock for the HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes