PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If Jets Land Mangini, What Will The Compensation Be??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Since Mangini is under contract, I believe the Jets will have to give something up in order to get him....All i remember is back in 2000, we had to give the Jets a 1st round pick (16 or 17?) and a fourth and sixth to land Belichick. I know it would be a stretch for an unproven coach, put could we end up with a second round pick for Mangini?

Diet Pepsi Machine said:
Since Mangini is under contract, I believe the Jets will have to give something up in order to get him....All i remember is back in 2000, we had to give the Jets a 1st round pick (16 or 17?) and a fourth and sixth to land Belichick. I know it would be a stretch for an unproven coach, put could we end up with a second round pick for Mangini?

I don't think we get anything. i think this only works for Head Coaches, and technically BB was the Jets Head Coach, albeit for one day only.

Diet Pepsi Machine said:
Nope. Coordinators (and other assistants) are allowed to move up to HC positions with no compensation.

Diet Pepsi Machine said:

Nope. Coordinators are allowed to get promotions to be head coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back