PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - pre-game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you believe Sanchez is making strides forward? Teams with subpar QBs surround their QBs with pricier talent to compensate for lack QB of skills. His TD/Int has improved this year but he remains a 55% passer. Clearly, the WRs are doing more when they can get the ball, but Sanchez has trouble getting it to them...despite the upgrade. I saw a QB that was scared shi*less in the first half of the Indy game, before he elevated his performance to...average QB status. What kind of leap do you expect next year...scared shi*tless for the 1st quarter only?

I'd say a 50% reduction in scared sh!lessness is a pretty dramtic improvement. As was 12/20 ----> 17/13.

But, yes....basically his happy feet, his rushing in the pocket and breaking it prematurely and locking into a pre-snap read need to give way to more of a calm, relaxed, go through your progressions, take what the defense is giving you, type demeanor. We've seen some of that this year - definitely an improvement from last year, but still some work to be done. The game is slowing down for him some, and will probably continue to do so in his 3rd year.

I think Ken makes some very valid points here. My biggest "look out for" for Sunday's game is the Jets' special teams....we have to keep them from getting long returns on Punts and KO's. A stellar performance from the Jets ST's could make a lot of the other matchups irrelevant. If Octodad hadn't run back that kick to where he did in the Indy game, the Jets lose.

I think Ken makes some very valid points here. My biggest "look out for" for Sunday's game is the Jets' special teams....we have to keep them from getting long returns on Punts and KO's. A stellar performance from the Jets ST's could make a lot of the other matchups irrelevant. If Octodad hadn't run back that kick to where he did in the Indy game, the Jets lose.

B. Smith appears to be a gametime decision - although he went back into the Indy game, so I'd be shocked if he didn't suit up. It wouldn't be surprising if Cro was back returning kicks to save SMith for his other duties. Having Cro solely as a CB is almost a waste of his athletic ability, so it makes sense to get the ball in his hands. He's a flawed CB but an incredibly gifted athlete.

With Graham's mediocre leg on KOs, the Pats will probably be satisfied with any starting position for the Jets inside the 35.

1. "I am not mentally prepared to lose this game." This phrase, uttered a few weeks ago by Fred Kirsh on PFW in progress, has now become part of a Pats fans lexicon. It was perfect. So as we enter the weekend (I don't work Fridays ;) ) I want to say it loud and clear.

I AM NOT MENTALLY PREPARED TO LOSE THIS GAME"

I don't think the Pats will lose this game. It's within the realm of possibility, sure. But it's just not very likely. They are so well prepared and they present mismatch problems against the Jets. Plus Tom Brady vs Mark Sanchez. Who doesn't like that matchup?

2. There is a LOT of pressure building up for this game, but the interesting thing is the greatest pressure isn't on the team, but on its FANS. Sure it would be a disappointment and an upset, but the TEAM can lose this game and still look back at a remarkable season, AND look forward to being even better NEXT season. However for us fans it would be as crushing a defeat as the one we experienced vs the Giants in superbowl whatever.

90% of the game is half mental as Yogi Berra put it. I'm expecting the Pats to win comfortably against the Jets if not blow them out. I believe in this team that much. What the Jets players, their coaches, or their fans say, I could care less.

2, I think Rex has been masterful in steering the media away from the tough questions with all his "its personal" talk. Notice how he hasn't had to deal with questions about his QB, or the relatively recent failures of his defense (Pats Chicago). I know this stuff will get old VERY SOON, but for now he's a pleasant diversion. Still we can start to see the seeds to the start of his demise being planted. But for the present - Good Job Rex, you have a future in PR as a spin doctor.

I think Rex Ryan is just a blowhard who likes to hear himself talk. Par for the course for the blustery Jets who take after their coach. What counts in the end is what you do on the field, not how much yapping you do leading up to the game. The Pats understand this more than anybody. BTW did you catch Wes Welker's press conference where he talked about feet like a dozen times? HILARIOUS! ;-) If you're gonna dig, try to make it subtle like that. Now THAT is WELL DONE!

3. Cromartie on the other hand DID cross the line. He made it too personal, and in a very uncouth way. But here's what I don't understand. Why isn't anyone outraged by the fact he's taken offense to someone pointing a finger at him. WHAT A LAUGH. Its like a being in kindergarten and rushing to your mother saying "Tommy's pointing his finger at me. Mommy make him stop!," WHAT a whining little girl!

I must have missed that. What did Brady say? The only reason Cromartie will be crying this Sunday is because of how often Brady picks on him in coverage. He is not built to handle the Pats small but super quick receivers and I could see him having a horrible game.

4. I don't buy into the common wisdom of the Jets as major rivals who will be with us for a while. I don't see it. This is it for the Jets IMHO. This is their ONE shot at getting past us. After this I see it all going down hill fairly quickly. The "gap" will start to widen again. Here's my case.
So I guess what I'm saying is that Sanchez COULD become a QB that you could win a superbowl with, given the right team, but he isn't going to take you there. And it might be a while before he has this much talent.

All solid points. But free agency and the draft can be unpredictable. Luckily the Jets usually strike out in the draft. Like the one they passed over John Elway for a tight end. Then again they did hit a homerun with Revis. So while it is more likely that the Jets decline than improve going forward. We'll just have to wait and see. It is what it is. The Pats star is definitely pointing upwards though building upon the great drafts of 09-10.

g. SGreene is a good RB, but he hasn't proven, like they hoped, that he can carry the load as the main RB of a team built around the run....and behind him they have nothing but Joe McKnight.:eek:

Greene and Tomlinson have been a pretty good combo for the Jets. Containing the Jets run game is a key to winning for the Pats. But Sanchez' play or lack thereof is even more important. There's no way the Jets can win against the Pats with half an offense.

5. Rex did a great job in Indy shutting down the Colts. We shouldn't overlook that. Especially since Manny had ALL his so called weapons with the exception of a single receiver (Clark). No excuses Peyton...though the media will throw you the injury crutch anyway.

The Pats OTOH create many more problems than the Colts did so I tried to think of how Rex would attack the Pats offense this week. Will he blitz or will he max protect as he did vs Indy. Well the easy answer is a little of both. But the key for the Jets is neither. The key is how well they will be able to DISGUISE their intentions.

The Pats offense is predicated on reads. So that is probably the Jets best chance to disrupt the Pats offense. However a bigger key will be if the Pats OL can hold up. If Brady gets the time to sit in the pocket and wait for things to open up he will tear apart the Jets defense regardless of disguises. The Jets defense has the much tougher task. They must be able to pressure Brady with 4-5 rushers at the most or the holes in coverage will be too big and Brady will pick them apart.

6. But the more the game seems to change, the more it remains the same, because ultimately this game is going to rest on the old adage of which team can run the ball and which team can stop the run.

I don't think the Jets can possibly win the game unless they rush for over 150 yds. At the same time I don't see how the Pats can lose if they can rush over 100

BJGE and Woodhead will step up and have solid to huge games imo. The great thing about these guys is they don't turn the ball over. Just rewatch the KC/Ravens game to see how huge turnovers are. That's another X-factor in favor of the Pats. I can see Sanchez turning the ball over a couple of times in critical situations. Pats lead the league in INTs and TO differential btw.

7. Don't even think that the Jets are intimidated by the big loss in December. At that level they are way to competitive for that. I'm sure they broke down the that film, and they where shown how this mistake and that mistake that THEY made would have turned the entire game around. By that Wednesday, EVERY Jet player would have been convinced that it wasn't the Pats that beat them, but they beat themselves....and they know how to correct the problem.

I honestly don't care what the Jets think. The key to the Pats this year is their own execution. When the Pats play their A game in all three phases of the game, there is no team that they can't beat. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Pats are well rested, one of the best prepared teams in the league in every game they play, and playing flat out dominant football.

The Patriots will win this game, so don't you worry. Let Tom Brady and BB take care of business. Enjoy the game! Go Pats!

Luckily the Jets usually strike out in the draft. Like the one they passed over John Elway for a tight end. Then again they did hit a homerun with Revis. So while it is more likely that the Jets decline than improve going forward. We'll just have to wait and see. It is what it is. The Pats star is definitely pointing upwards though building upon the great drafts of 09-10.

Hmmmm.....Elway went first, so I'm thinking that never happened.

Last edited:

An onside to start the game or at the beginning of the 2nd half would be too obvious.

But it would not surprise me one bit if the jets did an onside after they drive down and kick a FG or score a TD at the beginning of the game or some other random point before the 4th QTR

Hmmmm.....Elway went first, so I'm thinking that never happened.
Yes.

In that draft (1983) the Jets selected Ken O'Brien with their first pick.

He musta been thinking of something, or someone, else....

Last game, last time we played the Jets, last season, last super bowl... none of that matters. Right now it's all about the Big game on Sunday! Great time to be a fan!

On a side not the Patriots look calm and relaxed just like you should be heading into war.

I AM NOT MENTALLY PREPARED TO LOSE THIS GAME"

I so agree with that statement. I live in Jets land. The Jets fans have already been commenting about my Patriots coat more than they usually do.
I have had a few stop at my store and taunt me already. Losing this game would be the worst thing in the world, 2nd only to a superbowl loss. I would deal with some much grief here. The same grief, I STILL GET from the Giants fans about the superbowl disaster.

2. There is a LOT of pressure building up for this game, but the interesting thing is the greatest pressure isn't on the team, but on its FANS. Sure it would be a disappointment and an upset, but the TEAM can lose this game and still look back at a remarkable season, AND look forward to being even better NEXT season. However for us fans it would be as crushing a defeat as the one we experienced vs the Giants in superbowl whatever.

No I'm serious. Players get to turn the page....we CAN'T. It would mean having to deal with the most obnoxious, mean spirited fans in the league, not only for the off season, but even a 16-0 regular season wouldn't erase the stench of a loss on Sunday. I for one am NOT ready to deal with that kind of pain for a full year.

Jet fans aren't dealing with this kind of pressure. The fact that most of the treads at JI deal exclusively with trash talk and "cheating" show that they are hoping for the best but are expecting the worst. Most have already come to terms with what SEEMS to be the inevitable. A loss on Sunday would turn them into mutant giant piranhas , and we would be the raw meat thrown into the river for dinner. NOT a pleasant vision.

No my friends, we MUST win THIS game. A loss further down the road would hurt too, but it would be something we could deal with. BUT NOT ON SUNDAY. Not the Jets.

2, I think Rex has been masterful in steering the media away from the tough questions with all his "its personal" talk. Notice how he hasn't had to deal with questions about his QB, or the relatively recent failures of his defense (Pats Chicago). I know this stuff will get old VERY SOON, but for now he's a pleasant diversion. Still we can start to see the seeds to the start of his demise being planted. But for the present - Good Job Rex, you have a future in PR as a spin doctor.

3. Cromartie on the other hand DID cross the line. He made it too personal, and in a very uncouth way. But here's what I don't understand. Why isn't anyone outraged by the fact he's taken offense to someone pointing a finger at him. WHAT A LAUGH. Its like a being in kindergarten and rushing to your mother saying "Tommy's pointing his finger at me. Mommy make him stop!," WHAT a whining little girl!

But the end result is Brady is unfairly being pictured as a serial taunter, and a bad sport. Its almost like its open season on Brady whose only crime in my opinion, is really bad hair. TOM BRADY- Finger pointer. I mean when you think on it for a bit, its ludicrous....just ludicrous

You have to go back to 2006 and the SD taunting scandal to find something as stupid. That was when the Pats got hammered for supposedly "taunting" the Chargers after getting a most unexpected win on their home field. In that case LT found it unsportsmanlike for the Pats to be mocking the "lights out" dance. In other words he was upset that the Pats mocked an action that was designed to TAUNT the opposing team after a sack. So in other words LT thought it was OK for HIS team to taunt during the game, but was wrong for the Pats to throw it back in their face, after it. It was LUDICROUS. But it was accepted. Just as this myth has been. Go figure :rolleyes:

4. I don't buy into the common wisdom of the Jets as major rivals who will be with us for a while. I don't see it. This is it for the Jets IMHO. This is their ONE shot at getting past us. After this I see it all going down hill fairly quickly. The "gap" will start to widen again. Here's my case.

a. The Jets (from what I hear) have only around 35 players signed for next year and have only about $40MM available to fill a roster for next season (assumes a $150MM cap) OTOH the Pats have about 44 players signed and will have about $50MM to fill their roster. Now I may be off in my figures, but the bottom line is that the Jets aren't in the best of shape as far as the cap is concerned, while the Pats are in decent shape. Those in the know can feel free to correct me.

b. I read a post which showed that all but 2 of the Jets front 7 will be over 30 next season (DeVito and Harris), and there is little depth behind them. Its a very scary situation, especially when you compare it with the Pats, AND your team is build around a strong D

c. Holmes, Edwards, Harris, Smith, are just 4 of the Jet FAs next season that they must sign just to stay level with their current talent level But the Jets WILL NOT be able to sign everyone due to their impending cap situation. This means that THIS is the most talented Jet roster we can expect to see in the near future.

d. Next season will bring the deepest and most talented FA class the league has seen. The Pats will be in much better shape than the Jets to take advantage of it.

e. Assuming the Pats win on Sunday, they will draft FIVE quality prospects next April, before the Jets draft their 2nd player. That is NOT a formula that helps the Jets become better than the Pats.

f. And then there is the QB. The fact that he's a sub par QB today doesn't mean he will aways be a 55% passer. Remember Ben used to have a relatively low completion percentage. He can improve, PLUS he's shown he HAS the ability to play well at the critical end of games. That cannot be disputed. But what also can't be disputed is that it is MORE likely that he develops into the next Chad Pennington (a good QB, but one that can't carry a team) than a Drew Brees (who can)

So I guess what I'm saying is that Sanchez COULD become a QB that you could win a superbowl with, given the right team, but he isn't going to take you there. And it might be a while before he has this much talent.

g. SGreene is a good RB, but he hasn't proven, like they hoped, that he can carry the load as the main RB of a team built around the run....and behind him they have nothing but Joe McKnight.:eek:

At the start of the year, it looked like the Jets were among the most talented teams in the league, clearly more talented than the Pats, and the most talented Jet team in recent memory. 4 months later, its become clear that the Pats closed that talent gap, and the Jets will have a hard time sustaining the talent the currently have, while the Pats are in position to widen the gap further.

No my friends, Rex was right, this IS the year the Jets can win the Superbowl, because if they don't, then it might be a while before THEY threaten the Pats again.

5. Rex did a great job in Indy shutting down the Colts. We shouldn't overlook that. Especially since Manny had ALL his so called weapons with the exception of a single receiver (Clark). No excuses Peyton...though the media will throw you the injury crutch anyway.

The Pats OTOH create many more problems than the Colts did so I tried to think of how Rex would attack the Pats offense this week. Will he blitz or will he max protect as he did vs Indy. Well the easy answer is a little of both. But the key for the Jets is neither. The key is how well they will be able to DISGUISE their intentions.

There is nothing easier for a DB to do than cover a WR running a zone route when you are in man. Just as its easier to cover a route designed for man to man defense, when you are in a zone.

So I see Rex designing his schemes to fool Brady and even more importantly his receivers into misreading the coverages they are running. There are combination coverages you could design that do that. For example, the Pats run motion across the formation to see if anyone follows him. If someone does, the QB will think its a good indication that its a man coverage....but it doesn't have to be.

You will also see overloads that look like impending blitzes that don't occur. This is designed to get the QB to make a quick throw into a 5 under zone that will eat it up, even if its completed.

A key here is that the D doesn't have to fool BOTH the QB and receiver. If only ONE makes a misread, the play is likely to fail, often with disastrous results . So a well designed disguise doubles its chance for success, because TWO players have to make the correct read. I'm less worried about Welker and Branch, but VERY concerned about the 2 rookies that will be so key to our passing attack.

6. But the more the game seems to change, the more it remains the same, because ultimately this game is going to rest on the old adage of which team can run the ball and which team can stop the run.

I don't think the Jets can possibly win the game unless they rush for over 150 yds. At the same time I don't see how the Pats can lose if they can rush over 100

7. Don't even think that the Jets are intimidated by the big loss in December. At that level they are way to competitive for that. I'm sure they broke down the that film, and they where shown how this mistake and that mistake that THEY made would have turned the entire game around. By that Wednesday, EVERY Jet player would have been convinced that it wasn't the Pats that beat them, but they beat themselves....and they know how to correct the problem.

The Jets are going to come into Foxboro just as confident that they will win the game as they did in September and again in December.

BOTTOM LINE - its all about THIS game. What happened before, good or bad.....doesn't matter. God help us if we lose. :D[/QUOTE]

B. Smith appears to be a gametime decision - although he went back into the Indy game, so I'd be shocked if he didn't suit up. It wouldn't be surprising if Cro was back returning kicks to save SMith for his other duties. Having Cro solely as a CB is almost a waste of his athletic ability, so it makes sense to get the ball in his hands. He's a flawed CB but an incredibly gifted athlete.

With Graham's mediocre leg on KOs, the Pats will probably be satisfied with any starting position for the Jets inside the 35.

Hey Crash, surprised to see you over here posting on the "dark side". Although, to be honest, I shouldn't be. There appears to be very little in the way of actual football talk going on over at JI this week. Mostly a bunch of smack talking, finger pointing, whining and name calling is all. What's up with that? Makes one think that Jets fans are shltting in their pants over this game or something? Anyway, good luck on Sunday. You'll need it.

Last edited:
ken, as always, I enjoy your idle thoughts.

I agree 100% with your first statement - a loss in the game is probably more awkward, in some ways, for the fanbase to take. Now, I didn't say difficult b/c these players livelihoods are based on their success, and we cannot understand the agony of defeat that they know. But we do not have the professionalism the players do, so it makes for an entirely different experience. If the Patriots were to lose, I agree that the players would be able to turn the page and focus on next year. We'd have to endure the juvenile, asinine Jets fanbase for months to come. We exist within the sports media and the sports fanbase. The players can actually separate themselves from that mess.

I will say that the Jets players and coaches are doing their best to take professionalism out of it and inject the troll-like silliness we see as fans and messageboard users into the pro football arena. Cromartie so clearly crossed a line, and if he is not severely fined by Goodell, then we will know there is a true bias from the Commish.

I find several of your thoughts on next year interesting, but I am not ready to look ahead. I am nervous enough about this game, and this team has a lot of work left to do.

Last edited:
Wow, well I won't try to break down this entire novel, but a couple of things stood out.
Well there are some drill you can do to increase attention spans. :D

SO TRUE. In fact the quote from LadyT itself was ridiculous: "You don't do another man's sack dance." Well, Lady, if a man has to HAVE a sack dance then I reserve the right to do it should I beat him!
Its kind of sad the LT's lasting legacy will be him sitting, by himself, pouting on the bench while his teams was attempting to pull out a heroic win. He did NOTHING to urge his team on and no one on his team came to console him. It was a test of character....and he failed. Conversely Philip Rivers earned nearly universal respect from Pats fans, for his effort that day.

[/QUOTE]OK, a legitimate concern but one that I'm sure Belichick has been preparing his team for. Brady is unlikely to be fooled too often and I'm guessing that it's been a point of emphasis for the kids as well. Keep in mind that the Jets probably can't go too crazy because the more complex they make their schemes, the more likely that THEY will blow an assignment as well.[/QUOTE]

No doubt they will be prepared. If I were BB, rather than making the rookies prepare for every possibility, I actually dumb down their responsibilities, making sure I was getting their best athletic performance and limit the possibility of mental mistakes As long as Brady knows where they will be going, it won't be ideal, but better than misread by the kids.

The one thing that sucks is we can win this game 52-0 and these clowns will still run their mouths constantly next year like it never happened. Meanwhile you know our guys aren't going to boast, it's just another win and onto our next opponent. If we lose, we're going to hear about it from everyone from every angle.
If that's the price to pay for being a legitimate contender every year, I'll gladly pay it. Just think about the alternative. :eek:

Well, it comes with the territory. When I was a kid (70's) I couldn't STAND the Dallas Cowboys. As a Pats fan I resented the whole "America's Team" thing and I despised everything about their organization...and yet they won, and won, and won. So I would pick holes in everything they did; I gloated when they failed and brushed it aside when they succeded.

So now I've come to grips with the Patriots as the "villain" and have learned to embrace my inner Evil Empire. I think that this all came about in the aftermath of CameraGate. I got sick and tired of having to defend, defend, defend so now I let the jealous people seethe and very rarely hit back. I just enjoy the wins - more than ever before. That's why I'm so invested in this particular squad because it's time for the Empire to Strike Back!
You know all this revival of the "spygate" issue, like that spurious Washington Post article, really piss me off. Its now getting to the area of Slander. I want the NY Jet office boy who is posing as commissioner to come out and FINALLY do the right thing and explain what he did, what BB position was, and confirm what he has publicly said already, that the Pats DID NOT gain a competitive advantage....and say it enough times so even the mudslingers get it.

Great read as always...especially agree on the fan perspective.

quoting above, do you think this means Rex is going to have to make 2 game plans (or serious adjustments for the second half) as the patriots will adapt to what the Jets are doing.

I know the rookie tight ends might struggle a lttle, but they do present a serious matchup challenge for the Jets...so that might balance this out a bit. Not too worried about the young players trying to do too much as BB will be coaching them. I would think this might be a good game to get the balls in our offense's hands as soon as possible to try and put the pressure on Sanchez to score points.

Not exactly - you have to respect RR's ability to scheme a defense. His ability in that areas aren't in doubt, and if you dismiss him for his other flaws, you do it at your own risk. Believe me BB doesn't underestimate Rex one bit.

Expect to see a lot of Jet defenders at or very near the LOS at the start of plays. As many as 9 would not surprise me. He wants to force the Pats to commit to an action as quickly as possible. Now once the ball is snapped I fully expect to see a lot of man under 2 deep, with very little blitzing. Just enough to justify the threat.

I'm sure BB is expecting the same thing. I'm not sure how he will handle it. He can go spread empty with 5 immediate threats like he's done vs Pittsburgh, or he can go with 2-3 TEs and play action pass against it, with 4 legitimate match up threats.

I think he means that the free agent class will be so deep because of the past year's RFA clause that kept people like Mankins from being a free agent that normally would have. Many other teams had players that normally would have been free agents that weren't, thus making this past year's free agent crop relatively thin and the prospects for next year (after this season), deeper.

Patfranken, I'll let you expand on the players, positions, etc, and also please correct the above if not accurate!

Cheers.

This is exactly what I meant....and there are several guys on this board MUCH better than I to break down the possibilities, and I'm sure they will as soon as the playoffs are over.....and Miguel will tell us EXACTLY where we stand in the cap. Both the hypothetical one and the real one once the CBA is done.

Crash,

Wilfork and 2 JAGs is better, IMO.

So the Jets might only lose two frontline players, while their QB matures? Not a terrible tradeoff.

The Jets have had pretty good injury luck this year, Jenkins and Leonard (and the Holmes suspension) notwithstanding. But that's not huge in forecasting their future success either.

Any thoughts on how Woody's backup is likely to do? The Pats have been very fortunate with backup OL, with their freshness sometimes fully compensating for the stepdown in talent. Russ Hochstein in the Super Bowl is the most famous example, thanks to Warren Sapp's big mouth, but not the only one.

Ty Warren and Mike Wright vs. Wilfork? Close call. Warren is a very good player too.

Expect to see a lot of Jet defenders at or very near the LOS at the start of plays. As many as 9 would not surprise me. He wants to force the Pats to commit to an action as quickly as possible. Now once the ball is snapped I fully expect to see a lot of man under 2 deep, with very little blitzing. Just enough to justify the threat.

I'm sure BB is expecting the same thing. I'm not sure how he will handle it. He can go spread empty with 5 immediate threats like he's done vs Pittsburgh, or he can go with 2-3 TEs and play action pass against it, with 4 legitimate match up threats.

I don't think the TEs restrict the chance to go 5 wide. Of the guys who haven't been catching passes this year, I question BJGE's ability to more than I question Crumpler's. And if the 2 TEs are the rookies, I have no doubts at all.

So the Jets might only lose two frontline players, while their QB matures? Not a terrible tradeoff.

The Jets have had pretty good injury luck this year, Jenkins and Leonard (and the Holmes suspension) notwithstanding. But that's not huge in forecasting their future success either.

Any thoughts on how Woody's backup is likely to do? The Pats have been very fortunate with backup OL, with their freshness sometimes fully compensating for the stepdown in talent. Russ Hochstein in the Super Bowl is the most famous example, thanks to Warren Sapp's big mouth, but not the only one.

Ty Warren and Mike Wright vs. Wilfork? Close call. Warren is a very good player too.

Woody's backup is Wayne Hunter and he's been capable for the Green Beans.47 games. 5 starts. Former 3rd rounder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing