PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Idle thoughts - Is it ever going to stop.......:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please allow me to add some of my idle thoughts as I viewed the games this weekend.

For all the *****ing about how horrible the Detroit@GB and Miami@Philly games were supposed to be, they turned out to be great games to watch.

This season has been KARMTASTIC in so many ways.

You can take the player (the Sanchize) out of the Jest but you can't take the Jest out of the player.

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing 5 hour games.

I can't believe how dumb some of these players are. Twice in the Detroit game they had runners run out of bounds as they were trying to kill the clock. It almost came back to bit them in the arse.

Speaking of karma, it looks like Jerry's Kids are having some problems getting along. LOL

Dear Bill, If it comes down to the last game of the year and it's between the Jests and Miami for the last playoff spot, could you please dump the game in Miami?

The officiating in the NFL is the worst of all the major sports, and even socker. ;)

I forget, is it Legion of Gloom or Legion of Swoon?

I like the Arizona head coach.

And their QB. Palmer took a cheap shot from Pissburgh that almost ended his career. It's great to see him playing well again.

A breakdown of the film shows LaFell drifting (a/k/a fading) after the cut, allowing the DB to undercut the pass. That doesn't tell us who was to 'blame' (it could even have been on the throw, it could have been on the route, it could have been on both the throw AND the route), but it does match up with LaFell's description of his actions.

Again, we may well never know who was to 'blame'.
The CB did not get that INT by undercutting the route. The ball was thrown behind Jojo, so far behind him that he couldn't even reach back far enough to get a hand on it.

I was having a hear attack yesterday during and immediately after the game, but in retrospect, it was a pretty awesome game, with lots of twists and turns. I wanted to cry when Edelman went down.

The Giants psych Brady out. I thought he was panicking yesterday before Edelman went down, and that just made things worse. I agree with those who've said that the loss of first Lewis and now Edelman will have a big impact on our offense, and the cracks in our O-line that we've been able to cover up pretty good so far will start to become more prominent. Brady will not be able to get the ball out as fast and Gronk already had to stay home and block more. Fewer targets, more holding onto the ball = more sacks and more holding calls against us. I hope Amendola can continue to do what he did yesterday on the final drive & get open quick for short gains. That is the thing that Brady is going to miss Edelman the most on. Dobson HAS to finally show something. He should get out there with Brady (as should White) and train catching 4-5 yard passes over and over again.

I think that the Giants play so well against the Patriots because of their yearly innoculations.

Every year the Giants Coaches arrange to spend spend a week practicing against the Patriots in Training camp, so they overcome the "awe factor" against the Patriots. They see them close up for a week, and the awe of the World Champs wears away when they see the Pats players are human after all. Plus they are exposed to the Patriots playbook for an entire week as well.

SG3 hates your post and wishes horrible things to happen to you ,Mitch. We are nothing but Patrioshyts and we must all die in fiery crashes. Until then, I will agree with your assessment...

SG3's still posting? I thought he got banned by all the Jets forums...

The CB did not get that INT by undercutting the route. The ball was thrown behind Jojo, so far behind him that he couldn't even reach back far enough to get a hand on it.

LaFell has echoed what I've written. I'll leave it at that. You can go argue with him.

Even if you don't want to give it a click, the closing two sentences of the Patriots section of Bill Barnwell's article are great.

As long as Brady is at quarterback, Gronk is in the red zone, and Jordan Devey is on the 49ers, the offense should still be just fine. The Edelman injury just further lowers the Patriots' ceiling and reduces their margin for error.​

Barnwell: Which contenders should panic?

Amendola is not as identical to Edelman as you might think -- Edelman plays faster and is more slippery after the catch, while Amendola has better hands -- but it's worth noting that Edelman stepped in as the Patriots' primary receiver only after Amendola got hurt in Week 1 of the 2013 season.

Does Amendola really have better hands than Edelman? On what is Barnwell basing this? The only time I remember Edelman having the dropsies was after he bent his pinky the wrong way in the Colts game earlier this year. Other than that he's been as dependable as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back