PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ICYMI VIDEO: Tom Brady Throws Football Passes From Yacht

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big jewelry guy. Only thing I wear is my wedding ring and my watch from Macy's which I think Mrs RW paid a couple of hundred bucks max for. I've had the thing for 15 years....

Same. I have my ring and my watch which was my engagement gift years back, although it’s nicer and worth more than a tag heuer. :)

Same. I have my ring and my watch which was my engagement gift years back, although it’s nicer and worth more than a tag heuer. :)
I do like the Tag watches but if I'm dropping a box of ziti on something I'm upgrading my irons.

In a short span of 15 years, Tom Brady has gone from pounding beers with the likes of Mike Compton and Joe Andruzzi at Outlaw BBQ (now Chickie Flynn's) in Foxboro to jetsetting with the global elite on 1/2 billion dollar yachts, selling protein for $50 a tub (double the cost/serving of the same or superior stuff in a w/o TB12 on it), and promoting a snake oil salesman massage therapist...

All the while Jimmy G is hard at work with his teammates....

Not cheap. $1000 and up. They are really nice though.

Tom is all about pushing the high-end stuff. Cars, watches, shoes, water, mattresses.

High end water . If you told me that in 73 when I was a kid I'd have envisioned more of a Soylent Green situation....:eek:
upload_2018-5-30_16-12-46.png

High end water . If you told me that in 73 when I was a kid I'd have envisioned more of a Soylent Green situation....:eek:
View attachment 20483
No kidding. As a little kid I remember my parents bringing empty plastic jugs to a spring water facility on the boarder of Methuen/Lawrence. We'd fill 10 or so and that would last a couple of weeks. That was only 40 years ago.

Has he had a change in his PR personnel? He used to be so careful in the image he portrayed. Now the optics are just terrible. He should have been retired and enjoyed life. It may have probably have been what BB wanted. Now this situation has screwed the Patriots of a potential franchise replacement and all of a sudden he wants to do things differently.

I'm not a big jewelry guy. Only thing I wear is my wedding ring and my watch from Macy's which I think Mrs RW paid a couple of hundred bucks max for. I've had the thing for 15 years....

I dont like jewelry either.

Or underwear.

No kidding. As a little kid I remember my parents bringing empty plastic jugs to a spring water facility on the boarder of Methuen/Lawrence. We'd fill 10 or so and that would last a couple of weeks. That was only 40 years ago.

They sold the water in my town it was so good.

Strange. I've always pictured you as a belly piercing type of guy.

In a short span of 15 years, Tom Brady has gone from pounding beers with the likes of Mike Compton and Joe Andruzzi at Outlaw BBQ (now Chickie Flynn's) in Foxboro to jetsetting with the global elite on 1/2 billion dollar yachts, selling protein for $50 a tub (double the cost/serving of the same or superior stuff in a w/o TB12 on it), and promoting a snake oil salesman massage therapist...

All the while Jimmy G is hard at work with his teammates....
Never in the history of the NFL has a player earned the right to do things on his own terms as much as Tom Brady has earned that right.

No individual player has ever been the key element in bringing his team and its fan-base more Division, Conference and League Championships than Brady.

The Franchise for which he has worked is worth at least $1 billion and probably $2 billion more than it would have been worth without him...a fact not lost on Bob Kraft.

Brady is not asking us as fans to like what he does (legally and consistent with his Contract) off the field. He's only asking us to evaluate him based on what he actually does between the lines.

That doesn't mean that we all have to like it, only that "it is what it is."

Has he had a change in his PR personnel? He used to be so careful in the image he portrayed. Now the optics are just terrible. He should have been retired and enjoyed life. It may have probably have been what BB wanted. Now this situation has screwed the Patriots of a potential franchise replacement and all of a sudden he wants to do things differently.

To me the bottom line is that most Patriots fans, while they despise Peyton Manning for his whining and his relentless pursuit of regular season statistics (as do I!), are more comfortable with "Chicken Parm you taste so good," and "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa John's," than they are with heat-reflecting pajamas, electrolyte-infused water, Alex Guerrero, TAG Heur, UGGS, Photo-ops with lambs and a Jet Set lifestyle with a Super Model wife.

I don't think any differently of "today's" Brady than I did of the "Old Brady" (whoever that was). Now, as before, I'm only really concerned about what he does on the field, which is phenomenal.

I think a lot of people might have too much invested in Brady being a guy they can imagine having as a friend or drinking a few beers with, when the "real" guy might be very different and, frankly, not all that interested in having most of us as "friends" anyway.

We had free cold and clean Pepperell Springs water, but I think that Belmont Springs bought them out.
I was just reading about it. Yep- Belmont Springs bought them but now the spring is no longer a source of bottled water but provides water to the residents of Pepperell.

I live near the Wachusett Reservoir. You can fish there but only in certain areas.

I was just reading about it. Yep- Belmont Springs bought them but now the spring is no longer a source of bottled water but provides water to the residents of Pepperell.

I live near the Wachusett Reservoir. You can fish there but only in certain areas.
My high school graduation party was in the woods on the Wachusett Reservoir. What a night - but I digress...

To me the bottom line is that most Patriots fans, while they despise Peyton Manning for his whining and his relentless pursuit of regular season statistics (as do I!), are more comfortable with "Chicken Parm you taste so good," and "Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, Papa John's," than they are with heat-reflecting pajamas, electrolyte-infused water, Alex Guerrero, TAG Heur, UGGS, Photo-ops with lambs and a Jet Set lifestyle with a Super Model wife.

I don't think any differently of "today's" Brady than I did of the "Old Brady" (whoever that was). Now, as before, I'm only really concerned about what he does on the field, which is phenomenal.

I think a lot of people might have too much invested in Brady being a guy they can imagine having as a friend or drinking a few beers with, when the "real" guy might be very different and, frankly, not all that interested in having most of us as "friends" anyway.
I have, somewhat sadly, recently arrived at the same conclusion you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore