PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Since the draft, in addition to UDFA's, we have added

LB/STer Calhoun
OT Veldheer
TE Watson
DT ?

I expect us to add a DL or two by the end of Week One of the second phase of free agency (by May 14th).

We are supposed to hear more about Gordon by the end of the month. The team also must have an idea of whether DT is likely to start on PUP. I wouldn't put it past Belichick to add a free agent wide receiver for competition. Belichick seems to it each year.

Shelton

Wilkerson please.
If Wilkerson can be affordable, motivate himself, return to health, be a team player and return close to form, absolutely.

If he cannot achieve any of those, I'd rather have Maui from Moana

Suh would be a great get on a 1yr prove me deal. If reasonable, he could come in and play well...then go out and get that last big payday

Wilkerson please.
I didn't realize he was available. Must be a money thing for him. He's still young enough to think he can get a multi-year contract but I guess last year was bad for him all around.
I doubt we get him. More likely someone like Bailey but would like for him to sign a prove it contract. I seem to remember he has/had issues with the Pats organization in general or I could be thinking of someone else.

Edit: I'm also not too sure he's a good "fit" in this defense but we're not even sure exactly what BB's plan is for this year with Schiano gone-oh!

The Pats are starting to get a little tight up against the cap. I can not see either Wilkerson or Suh, being willing to sign for short money. Also are they good "team" players? I think more realistic options are Shelton or Liuget.
They need to save some reserve $ in case of injury etc.

The Pats are starting to get a little tight up against the cap. I can not see either Wilkerson or Suh, being willing to sign for short money. Also are they good "team" players? I think more realistic options are Shelton or Liuget.
They need to save some reserve $ in case of injury etc.
I thought Liuget was gone yes that would be a good get at this point.
Also we should be prepared for the usual trade

Shelton played well after his timeout.

I'd like to see Bailey, but they could use another bigger body in the middle.

Bailey still out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye