PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I say we don't sign anyone new this week - IT IS WHAT IT IS....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From what I have seen and heard from BB and the players in interviews over the bye week it appears we are contented with what team we got and am going on with hope that the WRs get their act straight with Brady and my hopeful prognostication of a decent healthy Secondary will remain throughout the year for once without any multiple injuries.​
I can't see why we are in desperation of any big name player anyway?-Does anyone actually understand we are 4-1 at the bye-not 1-4? - If our weak area (the passing game) can improve which is likely,then thats all we need - We all know that every player on this roster has the talent at their position or they would not be with the New England Patriots,some just need to expose it some more and read more of our playbook if its their first year here - We have a Super Bowl Team roster if EVERY player plays to his full potential but plays like he is no better than any other player on this team-thats the bottom line.​
As I have said,Not one word from any Patriot player,coach ect: said that we could use a trade now on our weak spots, so from what I see we will be just as we are in the off-season,usually quiet in trade talks and let some of the big names transfer to other teams...Personally I think we go with what we got and keep our draft picks next year to trade up or trade to a team then with a top player who may be worth giving some picks up-but thats for next year,You can't get a newly traded player to become a pro bowler or constant game changer on this team with 6 games into the season anyway,You definately need a full season under you.....So lets Forget Moss,Porter,Vincent ect:trading talk anyway.. - We win or lose with the players we have on this roster NOW, Thats the Patriots way it has been and will likely be so why stop now?.​

No matter what our record is, or how well things are going, if BB sees a chance to improve the team, he'll jump on it.

If we are so "contented", why did we just sign players like Gaffney? If a signing can make the team better in BB's mind, he'll do it.

I think we sign a DB.

If there were going to be another deal, it probably would have been timed like Gaffney's - so that the whole bye period is available for coaching, evaluation, etc.

RayClay said:
I think we sign a DB.
Although I've been active in the Porter/Moss rumor threads, I believe that a DB is what the team is after right now. They're shorthanded in that department. Maybe Vincent?

Didn't they let two go, Sullivan and Poteat, and pick up only Gaffney?
If they have an open roster slot, I just can't see Belichick not using it.

JR4 said:
Didn't they let two go, Sullivan and Poteat, and pick up only Gaffney?
If they have an open roster slot, I just can't see Belichick not using it.

patrick pass?

Remix 6 said:
patrick pass?

Can't be activated (or practice) until Monday, October 23rd.

The thinking is actually that they're going to install a new OC, who demanded he be reserved at least one roster spot to help install some of his offensive playcalling. So it won't even be BB deciding on who fills that roster spot, it'll be NEM.

NOT.

Gaffney's a guy that can do the job and didn't break the bank all by his lonesome... Moss, Porter, et al? I'm just as happy to call them sour grapes and move on... unless of course it happens. Which it won't. Unless it does.

Confound it there is just no way to decide what these guys are going to do.

Oh wait, they're our guys. I like that.

PFnV

I forgot about Pass again. I like Pass a lot, but I don't see him contributing on this team as long as Faulk is healthy. When Faulk was injured last season, Pass came in and filled in the role very nicely - but I just don't see Pass taking any 3rd downs away from Faulk.

PATRIOT64 said:
From what I have seen and heard from BB and the players in interviews over the bye week it appears we are contented with what team we got and am going on with hope that the WRs get their act straight with Brady and my hopeful prognostication of a decent healthy Secondary will remain throughout the year for once without any multiple injuries.​

Such comments from BB mean one of two things.

1.) He's interested in improving his team, and just isn't stupid enough to show his cards to other GMs or otherwise undermine the confidence of the existing team should a deal fall through or

2.) He's not.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand