PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I guess Bill is going to coach them up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagg

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
well after a few weeks and most of the top 2 tiers of FA's gone, we really are the exact same team as last year minus our TE's. The good news we havent gotten any worse, the bad news we havent gotten any better.

Not sure what makes the Coaching staff and personal folks think we can be any more competitive with essentially the same team. I would also have to say we got a bit worse since welker is likely going to be out for part of the season.

The draft is all well and good but Im just not a huge fan of Rookies and the impact they make first season. Sure there are exceptions but as of now Im not sure what our off season plan really is or was. Maybe it was BB wanting to keep the same folks in the same system for another year rather than introducing overpriced FAs that dont fit or dont get the scheme quick enough. I dont like over paying for risk either but I think they should have pulled the trigger for a decent WR given our current situation.

Of course trades are always a possibility so that could be a wildcard here. If we finished last year as a B or Bplus team Im not sure what we are now.

Re: I guess Bill is going to coach them up..

We already have this thread here :

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/327126-please-help-me-not-worry.html

We had a good team last year, we'll have a good team in 2010. Will it be good enough ? We'll have to hope they peak at the right time but anyone who watched last year knows that while we were disappointing at times, there were times we looked terrific against good teams. We need Welker back but don't forget we had a ton of rookies playing who aren't rookies anymore.

the pats are likely going to hunt down players who have been cut between now and training camp......between that and the draft is where you will see the attempts to fill holes.....

I do believe the pats could have helped themselves with one or more of the big names (dansby, peppers) but as I mentioned at the start of FA, it is understandable that in the face of no CBA, the potential for a lockout, and that the new CBA will have a lower cap, that it is prudent planning hard at work....or at least that's what I want to believe.

you could also surmise the business decision that in the face of a lockout in 2011, the pats front office figures that the stadium is already sold out for the 2010 season, so why 'waste' any money this year? its not like it will help this year's bottom line in any way (if anyone hasn't noticed, the occupancy rate of patriot place is somewhere around 50%, so there may be some mitigating factors that nobody is privy to.

Last edited:

Don't worry, this year we'll have Crable...

I do believe the pats could have helped themselves with one or more of the big names (dansby, peppers) but as I mentioned at the start of FA, it is understandable that in the face of no CBA, the potential for a lockout, and that the new CBA will have a lower cap, that it is prudent planning hard at work....or at least that's what I want to believe.

Why would the CAP be lower next year? And if it is lower why would they sign Wilfork to a record contract?

Why would the CAP be lower next year? And if it is lower why would they sign Wilfork to a record contract?

when the cap comes back, it will be lower

that's what this whole CBA stink and the lockout is about......the owners opted out of the CBA because the percentage of revenue that goes to the players was, in their opinion, way too high........I understand that to mean that the cap is going to be lower...pretty simple, really

Last edited:

when the cap comes back, it will be lower

that's what this whole CBA stink and the lockout is about......the owners opted out of the CBA because the percentage of revenue that goes to the players was, in their opinion, way too high........I understand that to mean that the cap is going to be lower

oic, I always thought the CBA failed because the players wanted more and not the owners giving less

exactly and Brandon Tate

I'll bet Chad Jackson is available too!

It's all coming together!

oic, I always thought the CBA failed because the players wanted more and not the owners giving less

no....the owners 'got out' because it was too much

Shouldn't this be merged with the other "Woe is Us" off season thread(s)?

So here we sit a few weeks into FA on the 8th day of the new league year...having signed all of our own FA we wanted to retain and having passed on a couple of wildly overpriced talents with inconsistent performance value track records in a shallow FA season and we're already relegated to having to rely on that Belichick guy to coach 'em up...along with the four picks in the first 53 of a CBA driven deep draft... Obviously we're DOOMED.

I think now is the time to look at the Patriots' moves one at a time. We are yelling and screaming at BB that he's putting the puzzle together wrong, but hes looking at the box and we are just looking at the mess on the table.

Last edited:
I think now is the time to look at the Patriots' moves one at a time. We are yelling and screaming at BB that he's putting the puzzle together wrong, but hes looking at the box and we are just looking at the mess on the table.

Ain't that the truth !

That's what children do.

Don't worry, this year we'll have Crable...

exactly and Brandon Tate

Jokes?
im sorry since when did having 2 3rd round picks become a bad thing?
im not saying put the whole season on them obviously but they have had time to learn the playbook and if healthy they should contribute this season

Ah, looks like I've stumbled upon yet another Chicken Little ***********.

Because we haven't had enough of these lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST