PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I gotta be me - Rob Gonkowski

MANY WEAPONS. Truth : if you keep the NO turnovers, and keep the Tampa weapons on offense, Mariota wins that game.
Yeah, those many weapons that combined for 7 catches for 61 yards. The Saints had the second best pass defense in football by DVOA and they held all those guys in check. Is Mariota dropping dimes to Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson on 3rd down in crunch time? It's kind of sad to see Patriots fans immediately jumping to the same tired talking points people used for 20 years to discredit Brady when he was in NE.

Yeah, those many weapons that combined for 7 catches for 61 yards. The Saints had the second best pass defense in football by DVOA and they held all those guys in check. Is Mariota dropping dimes to Scotty Miller and Tyler Johnson on 3rd down in crunch time? It's kind of sad to see Patriots fans immediately jumping to the same tired talking points people used for 20 years to discredit Brady when he was in NE.

People get caught up with 'any scrub could have won that game' view but fail to recognize that Tampa wouldn't be in the playoffs without Brady. It's not a coincidence that once again a Brady led team is peaking at the end of the season/playoffs (and look much more disciplined). Tampa hasn't looked this good in 2 decades. It's the Brady effect. It's the effect all goat superstars leaders have on a team.

As for Gronk's season, I think people need to take into consideration the fact that 1. He came to a new team without any preseason and 2. Had to get back in football shape after the year off. I also think there was a bit of philosophy shift after the bye week with the team using Gronk more as a blocker and focus on run, playaction, and the underneath game. Gronks targets have been much lower due to this and I think it's the right move.

I guess Gronk really despised BB. The comments he made about how now he feels free under Arians are pretty telling. I do not think it was necessary to throw BB under the bus like that, but he is free to say whatever he wants to. I guess in today's NFL if you are a coach you have to keep your stars happy.
All time great Patriot, who I loved when he was healthy and playing.

He was constantly getting injured when he was in NE the past few years, now he plays a whole season without any nagging injuries.
Part of me wonders if he milked some of those injuries because he did not like playing for BB.

Its because Tampa has been using him more as a blocker than a receiving TE... pretty much all of Gronk's injuries occurred when receiving the ball and getting his legs taken out, etc.. altho his original arm injury I guess was when he was blocking sergio brown on an extra point/FG attempt .. that was a freak injury

His knee being blown out by Ward was on a pass, his vertabral disc fracture was from taking a major shot on a pass, his ankle being bent into an L (high ankle sprain) was on a pass, his concussion was from a pass, his knee strain was from being hit low on a pass, his chest lung bruise was on a pass, his back vertebral disc hernia was on a pass, his 2018 concussion was on a pass

Gronk is a huge, lumbering target when he's out in space up the seam, etc... lots of DBs line up vicious shots on his knees/legs, even in the Rams SB he said he was up that night crying in pain because of the major quad contusion/bruise he got on a hit (from catching a pass)

Also seems like Arians is giving him and Brady the freedom to do their own training regiments, etc with TB12.. not sure if that has anything to do with it, but Gronk doesn't appear to have lost any strength

Could just be luck too, his body had an extra year to heal. but they aren't relying on him as the sole weapon/savior like the Pats were doing... he spends most of his time as in inline blocker, dominating defensive ends, LBs, etc

Bill threw away SB 52 and then went to try to trade Gronk. I have the feeling he did that because Gronk asked some explanation to Bill and Bill didn’t like that.

I can tell you one thing, if Brady would still be on the Patriots, Gronk wouldn’t have come back.
Gronk partied shirtless the night of the SuperBowl loss to the Giants. I don't think winning is his number one priority.

Its because Tampa has been using him more as a blocker than a receiving TE... pretty much all of Gronk's injuries occurred when receiving the ball and getting his legs taken out, etc.. altho his original arm injury I guess was when he was blocking sergio brown on an extra point/FG attempt .. that was a freak injury

His knee being blown out by Ward was on a pass, his vertabral disc fracture was from taking a major shot on a pass, his ankle being bent into an L (high ankle sprain) was on a pass, his concussion was from a pass, his knee strain was from being hit low on a pass, his chest lung bruise was on a pass, his back vertebral disc hernia was on a pass, his 2018 concussion was on a pass

Gronk is a huge, lumbering target when he's out in space up the seam, etc... lots of DBs line up vicious shots on his knees/legs, even in the Rams SB he said he was up that night crying in pain because of the major quad contusion/bruise he got on a hit (from catching a pass)

Also seems like Arians is giving him and Brady the freedom to do their own training regiments, etc with TB12.. not sure if that has anything to do with it, but Gronk doesn't appear to have lost any strength

Could just be luck too, his body had an extra year to heal. but they aren't relying on him as the sole weapon/savior like the Pats were doing... he spends most of his time as in inline blocker, dominating defensive ends, LBs, etc
He also had a year away from football to recuperate and heal nagging injuries.

Yes Gronk football is a blast when your best friend Tom coaches and makes personnel decisions.

Yes Gronk football is a blast when your best friend Tom coaches and makes personnel decisions.
Seems to be working so what is the issue?

First of all, anyone who has been here a long time knows me and will tell you an anything but a troll.

Second, if you think Gronk has been great this year you haven't been watching. Gronk has been a good starting TE this year. For his standard, he has been awful. He is still a very good blocker. He is not a great receiver anymore. He was an above average TE. That isn't anything special.

My point is Bucs may not see him worth the money he is asking for.
Lmao, the gall to criticize Gronk after taking a year off from NFL and coming to a brand new offense with no preseason, yet scoring 7 TDs (#3 receiver) + being a beast at blocking. He had more yards than all Pats receivers but Meyers and as many TDs than the top 7 receivers. You salty AF.

20210120_095247.jpg

20210119_125322.jpg

Don't begrudge him moving on, but why do these guys have to dump on BB who helped to develop him into one of the greatest TE's of all time.
OK BB was tough and did not allow you "personal freedom" to be who you want to be. We get it!!! But BB also helped make you a boat load of money and helped make you famous.
If you do not want to be gracious and express some gratitude.....keep your pie hole shut!
I don't get you guys. He said BB was a great coach and he loved to get coached up but that he has more freedom in Tampa "with the coaches." What’s wrong with that? Being truthful means he's not being gracious? Willie agreed with him. Was Willie (a Pats HOFer) not being gracious too?

Jesus, the thought that anyone that leaves the Patriots can never say anything truthful about the organization like it's some Skull & Bones secret society when you have an Owner that got filmed getting a jiffy lube in a backwater strip mall is laughable. Lmao

Against the Saints in the divisional round Gronk was a step behind 3 times from Brady's passes. Brady put it where he had to to keep it out of harms way and where Gronk used to be able to get to. Brady hasnt lost his zip but it's obvious Gronk has. Hes still valuable to the Bucs though.
True but what I saw was Gronk had both DBs beat by a step and the ball hitting the tip of his fingers, so more like half a step if that. Gronk can still make those types of plays, just not as consistently as before. Opposing teams still have to worry about him which has value.

Gronk being gronk... Ignored him when he wasn't on the field in NE, will continue to ignore him down in TB

as for coaching, meh, let him enjoy his time in the florida sun... arians got to coach his team his way... I may not like it because that laxness we see could get them bounced this year, denying TB the opportunity to knock fivehead off the perch as being the only qb to win a Super Bowl with two franchises...

and in regards to next year, If Brady wants Gronk next season, Gronk will be on the roster... No one down there has the nads to say no to the guy who has brought them post season success for the first time in 18 years

Against the Saints in the divisional round Gronk was a step behind 3 times from Brady's passes. Brady put it where he had to to keep it out of harms way and where Gronk used to be able to get to. Brady hasnt lost his zip but it's obvious Gronk has. Hes still valuable to the Bucs though.
Too funny...Teflon Tompa gets his balls washed for tossing errant passes that 2017 Gronk might have caught.

Too funny...Teflon Brady gets congratulated for tossing errant passes that 2017 Gronk might have caught.
He threw to the safe spot that Gronk was half a step behind. Maybe he should have thrown it where the defender could get it?

He threw to the safe spot that Gronk was half a step behind. Maybe he should have thrown it where the defender could get it?
Lol, that's the dude who's theory was covid was spread by chinese prostitutes. Lmao

Or factor in Gronk's 2020 speed and drop it in his hands

Or factor in Gronk's 2020 speed and drop it in his hands
Yes he could be perfect. That seems to be the goalposts for you guys. Either hes perfect or a bumb. No in between.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back