PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I am surprised no one caught this Borges Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's funny that Teenuh has vigorously defended the same man who has made a living bashing the main reason she will be rooting for the team in purple on October 31st. I love deliciously horrible logic.

Last edited:
It says that you haven't a clue what the term means and how it's typically used.

Obviously, because calling someone a brown noser is just too shrewd and it takes a genius to comprehend that.

I love deliciously horrible logic.

slathered in a nice,creamy ironical sauce...yum!

I'll interact substantively with those who are worth the time and energy to interact with. You've already proven yourself not to be one of those people. At this point, my interaction with you is mostly of the "point and laugh" variety.

See how far that gets you in real life. :lol2: I feel the same way about you but I still don't lower myself to that level. Among adults that type of behavior is generally frowned upon. ;)

Obviously, because calling someone a brown noser is just too shrewd and it takes a genius to comprehend that.

Since you apparently couldn't comprehend it, what does that say about you?

See how far that gets you in real life. :lol2: I feel the same way about you but I still don't lower myself to that level. Among adults that type of behavior is generally frowned upon. ;)

Congratulations. You should find a way to incorporate that bit onto your resume.

It makes 0 logical sense to use future information to analyze a decision. The decision was NOT made with this future information and thus cannot be used to analyze a decision. Of course analyzing a decision is different from discussing whether it worked out in the end or not.

100% false. For example in Poker you analyze decisions mainly based on percentages and expected value, regardless of outcome. Losing $100K on a single hand in no-limit texas hold-em can very easily be the outcome of a GOOD decision.

Unless you have a crystal ball that decision will NEVER be a GOOD decision, even though you are happy you made a stupid decision it doesn't make the decision correct.

I would be more than happy to make a decision that you valued poor which earned me millions of dollars. While others commented on my poor decision making I would be busy counting my money.

An opinion can never be 100% false. Speaking in absolutes isn't even always 100% false.

As far as the Black Jack story, everyone views that as a terrible decision but the women's bank account would beg to differ.

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it's funny that Teenuh has vigorously defended the same man who has made a living bashing the main reason she will be rooting for the team in purple on October 31st. I love deliciously horrible logic.

I'm not defending him at all. I don't even like the man for that very reason you mentioned. I was simply pointing out that you guys immediately flame and attack anyone who posts an opinion you don't like. You guys need to learn how to handle opposing views in a more mature manner. I don't like the fact that he has relentlessly bashed Moss over and over but I'm not going to call him an idiot and say that i hope he dies. That's just childish.

Last edited:
This is a pretty solid thread in all. Cluelessness followed by tons of conjecture and loaded with strawmen, red herrings, and pretty much every other logical fallacy you can find.

Ok, we get it, chalk Teenuh down as another contrarian, and let's move on. Jeezus.

82723368-aac2-4d6d-ade7-f3a246584eb4.jpg

Cluelessness followed by tons of conjecture and loaded with strawmen, red herrings, and pretty much every other logical fallacy you can find.

a veritable smorgasbord of intergalactic moronicism!..Lord amighty...I'm hungry...LET'S EAT!!!

This is a pretty solid thread in all. Cluelessness followed by tons of conjecture and loaded with strawmen, red herrings, and pretty much every other logical fallacy you can find.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic but I am enjoying it.

Differing opinions make for good conversation. An opinion that outrages makes for excellent conversation. I hope people have disagreed with me enough to enjoy there time posting on the thread, otherwise I have failed.

Since you apparently couldn't comprehend it, what does that say about you?

Well, since I couldn't grasp the meaning of poo-poo on the nose, obviously not a genius.

I'm not defending him at all. I don't even like the man for that very reason you mentioned. I was simply pointing out that you guys immediately flame and attack anyone who posts an opinion you don't like. You guys need to learn how to handle opposing views in a more mature manner. I didn't like the fact that he was relentlessly bashed Moss over and over but I'm not going to call him an idiot and say that i hope he dies. That's just childish.

1. I haven't flamed you once.

2. You haven't touched my original post toward you regarding Borges with a ten foot pole.

3. Lots of people have opinions I don't like. I don't like people who have the opinion that the Seymour trade was a good trade or people who actually thought this defense was top five last season. But I discuss it with them in a rational manner. You, on the other hand, don't seem to want to do that... either in this thread or in the Bob Kraft thread. Your MO is to try to point out hypocrisies on this forum. I normally have no problem with that as long as people can back up their points. You haven't shown that ability to date.

4. Let's be honest here, you had no idea that Borges had a huge history of bashing not only pretty much everything the Pats have done, but also Randy Moss. If you had, you would have joined in the bashing given your opinion on Moss and trade.

If no one read or reported his idle pap, would he still exist???? Borges is the #1 ahole of the sports mediots...

Show me a strawman argument I used, other than the intentional one. :D I can give you about 50 examples of other people using them.
How about refusing to accept the numbers from PatsCap.com because in your opinion they must be skewed and unreliable due to Miguel being a fan of the Pats; yet on the other hand polls on fan forums around the internet are in your opinion very reliable and accurate. And the only acceptable documentation regarding what teams spend to you would be ones that are not made public, numbers direct from the NFL; yet on the other hand you're willing to conclude that Kraft and Pats are cheap without those very same numbers, because 'everybody knows it'.

Then of course there is your response to my analogy of the Belichick/Kraft business philosophy on how to be successful longterm given the restraints of the salary cap; your response to that analogy, that 11+3+1 = 7+5+3 was "sheer idiocy". I never did get a response as to why it was idiotic for me to believe that fifteen equals fifteen.

I'm not defending him at all. I don't even like the man for that very reason you mentioned. I was simply pointing out that you guys immediately flame and attack anyone who posts an opinion you don't like. You guys need to learn how to handle opposing views in a more mature manner. I don't like the fact that he has relentlessly bashed Moss over and over but I'm not going to call him an idiot and say that i hope he dies. That's just childish.

Straight up question.

On Oct 31, will you be rooting and hoping for Randy to be shut down and Tate to have a bigger game than Moss ever had? Or will you be rooting to be proven right?

Do you want to be right or do you want to be wrong?

I opposed the first Randy Moss trade (the one from Oakland), but I wanted it to be wrong. I rooted to be wrong. I cheered my wrongness. I celebrated my wrongness.

At the end of the season do you want to post, "I was right and you were wrong" or do you want to post, "I guess Randy Moss trade was the best move for the team, my criticism was unfounded."

Are you a fan of the New England Patriots?

Last edited:
If no one read or reported his idle pap, would he still exist???? Borges is the #1 ahole of the sports mediots...

Yeah, I have no idea how this guy is still employed. Does anyone with any sense take him seriously anymore?

I would be more than happy to make a decision that you valued poor which earned me millions of dollars. While others commented on my poor decision making I would be busy counting my money.

I don't understand how this is a hard concept for you. Obviously you are happy with the RESULTS. You can't judge a decision on results unless you feel there are 0 uncontrollable factors or unknown pieces of information at the time of the decision. I love playing poker with people like you, it's why poker can be a profitable long term game for those making the CORRECT decisions.

As far as the Black Jack story, everyone views that as a terrible decision but the women's bank account would beg to differ.

There was no black jack story, and I can see you'll never understand so enjoy your crystal ball.

I don't understand how this is a hard concept for you. Obviously you are happy with the RESULTS. You can't judge a decision on results unless you feel there are 0 uncontrollable factors or unknown pieces of information at the time of the decision. I love playing poker with people like you, it's why poker can be a profitable long term game for those making the CORRECT decisions.

There was no black jack story, and I can see you'll never understand so enjoy your crystal ball.

I was referring to the black jack story someone else posted. Too lazy to post twice for the same idea.

It's not a hard concept for me, I just disagree with what you're saying. Am I not allowed to do that? I understand what you're saying and respect your opinion, but in this case I will base what I think of the Moss trade on results.

As for the Moss trade I think a 3rd wasn't enough for him. However, if the team looks united with him gone and goes on a winning streak I will think it's a good deal based on results. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes