1B - Kevin Youkilis
DH - David Ortiz
LF - Manny Ramirez
RF - JD Drew
C - Jason Varitek
3B - Mike Lowell
CF - Coco Crisp
2B - Dustin Pedrioa

I definitly expect nothing less than playoffs.

I totally agree...the bulloen, and particulalry closer, are the major issues for me.

I don't see Joel Piniero or Brandon Donnelly being the answer.

I wish Craig Hansen would come around. He would be the perfect answer. After all, that's why we drafted him (he was a closer at Seton Hall, I think).

If not, if Lester can assume a steady starter's role, you're gonna see Papelbon back in the closer spot.

Either that, or they'll have to shop young pitching to the Nationals for Chad Cordero or somebody like that.

Personally, I would rather hang onto our young arms and let Pap close the door.

He was a stud last year and he liked doing it!

Armen Da Sox Fan

I don't care, as long as they do better than the *&%$#@ Yankees.

people keep mentioning papelbon closing. you guys are aware that papelbon had a shoulder injury right, and that the way the sox intend to deal with it is to keep him on a regular schedule with regular rest between starts?

besides, you don't bury a potential top-of-the-rotation guy in the bullpen. you have to at least give Paps a chance to be a top starter. if he does become a #1 or #2 guy he has a hell of a lot more value throwing 200+ innings than throwing 60-80 innings.

most good starters could be top closers. they aren't converted because they're more valuable as starters. guys get converted to closers after failing as starters (that's how Rivera got the role). Hopefully the role suits Piniero.

people keep mentioning papelbon closing. you guys are aware that papelbon had a shoulder injury right, and that the way the sox intend to deal with it is to keep him on a regular schedule with regular rest between starts?

besides, you don't bury a potential top-of-the-rotation guy in the bullpen. you have to at least give Paps a chance to be a top starter. if he does become a #1 or #2 guy he has a hell of a lot more value throwing 200+ innings than throwing 60-80 innings.

most good starters could be top closers. they aren't converted because they're more valuable as starters. guys get converted to closers after failing as starters (that's how Rivera got the role). Hopefully the role suits Piniero.

Yeah, but what do you think about the Wayland Women's Auxiliary Croquet Team this year? I hear they're supposed to be pretty tough again.

Paps shoulder exercise is completely different this offseason according to those who know less - the sports writers. His brother in the minors was quoted someplace as saying how difficult it was and how strong the muscles around the shoulder had become -

Back in the day many pitchers came up and earned their stripes in the Bullpen prior to stepping into the rotation, unfortunately today they are pamper from High school on

Paps shoulder exercise is completely different this offseason according to those who know less - the sports writers. His brother in the minors was quoted someplace as saying how difficult it was and how strong the muscles around the shoulder had become -

Back in the day many pitchers came up and earned their stripes in the Bullpen prior to stepping into the rotation, unfortunately today they are pamper from High school on[/quote]

Baseball players being pampered?

Shocking news - just shocking.

Yeah, but what do you think about the Wayland Women's Auxiliary Croquet Team this year? I hear they're supposed to be pretty tough again.

Yeah, I heard that, too. But I also heard that the new equipment they bought in December is being closely scrutinized by the powers-that-be. This could be a scandel in the making....

Back in the day many pitchers came up and earned their stripes in the Bullpen prior to stepping into the rotation, unfortunately today they are pamper from High school on

he pitched all of last year out of the bullpen and most of his time in the majors in '05. I think he's earned his stripes, and he is a much better option than anyone who would replace him.

You are missing one thing. The reason Papelbon will not return to closing because it was the cause of the shoulder injury. A closer throws his hardest night in and night out. A starter does not throw his hardest every pitch like a closer. He is paced. That is why guys like Rivera are odd with the cutter. They do not need to throw it hard, just accurate.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back