PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How nervous are you for the Patriots-Eagles showdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Man, this is on the level of the Ali-Frazier rematch. The right tackle of the Eagles is coming for blood and will prove last year was no fluke!!! How do you think the Patriots will adjust from SB52 and counter Nick Foles handing off the ball twice before going to the bench to relax and joke around with his teammates? Do you think Etling will be able able to withstand that monster Eagles pass rush from a slew of players who will be unemployed next month?

Doug Pederson is going to bring a bigger bag of tricks for this one. This is going to be epic. Where does it rank among the biggest Patriots game of all-time? I think it’s somewhere in the top 5 for Philly.

I'm looking forward to it. There may be some residual emotions flying around.

Not sure folks remember but in the 2004 preseason the Pats played the Panthers. It was the 3rd game and I remember BB playing the starters well into the 3rd quarter. It was pretty physical.

This might be their (the Eagles) Super Bowl, but to me it's just a meaningless pre-season game

My only concern is that Lane Johnson is going to dive at somebody’s knees because he has convinced himself that the entire New England region doesn’t respect him.

My only concern is that Lane Johnson is going to dive at somebody’s knees because he has convinced himself that the entire New England region doesn’t respect him.

Paradoxically, his rantings are why I've lost respect for him. Prior to that, I didn't give him the first thought. {Insert shrugging GIF here}. :)

there is a game on tonight?

Man, this is on the level of the Ali-Frazier rematch. The right tackle of the Eagles is coming for blood and will prove last year was no fluke!!! How do you think the Patriots will adjust from SB52 and counter Nick Foles handing off the ball twice before going to the bench to relax and joke around with his teammates? Do you think Etling will be able able to withstand that monster Eagles pass rush from a slew of players who will be unemployed next month?

Doug Pederson is going to bring a bigger bag of tricks for this one. This is going to be epic. Where does it rank among the biggest Patriots game of all-time? I think it’s somewhere in the top 5 for Philly.
Not nervous at all. But it is an annoying reminder.

I'm looking forward to it. There may be some residual emotions flying around.

Not sure folks remember but in the 2004 preseason the Pats played the Panthers. It was the 3rd game and I remember BB playing the starters well into the 3rd quarter. It was pretty physical.

3rd game is when they play the starters for at least a half. A few years ago (was it last year? I think it was the Lions) BB played the starters well into the third quarter because they were playing so badly. That was also the 3rd game.

I think what you're describing happened because of its place on the schedule, not because it was a Super Bowl rematch. Definitely not going to see any starters in the second half today.

3rd game is when they play the starters for at least a half. A few years ago (was it last year? I think it was the Lions) BB played the starters well into the third quarter because they were playing so badly. That was also the 3rd game.

I think what you're describing happened because of its place on the schedule, not because it was a Super Bowl rematch. Definitely not going to see any starters in the second half today.
No. That game was chippy and it was chippy because what happened a few months prior.

Its preseason only thing I'm nervous about is a eagles player cheapshotting a player to IR.
I want to see JC Jackson Danny Etling Dorsett Berrios and Mccarron sbow me something.
I want to see Webb Hill and Gilleslie show me they can play.

No. That game was chippy and it was chippy because what happened a few months prior.

Maybe that's why it was chippy. It was almost certainly not the cause for starters playing in the third quarter. That quite literally does not happen outside of game 3.

Will be fun to see more from the players competing for jobs but will be vanilla football.

Maybe that's why it was chippy. It was almost certainly not the cause for starters playing in the third quarter. That quite literally does not happen outside of game 3.
Agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye