PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How Much Power and Influence Will Bob Have?

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Will BOB be able to run the system used for the Offense?

Will he be able to decide which QB starts?

Will he have much influence on the draft?
===============================
The coach should have some influence on buying the groceries. But what about the new OC trying to resurrect an Offense when the GM failed so badly in his leadersip in 2022.
============
And yes, I'll say it. I would be happy if Bill's retirement from the organization were announced, with BOB as the new coach and Jonathan as the GM.

Our 70 old GM, who insists on being coach, and in making almost all decisions. Will he even bring us to a playoff win before BOB goes? I think that a 3rd place AFCE finish this year is likely, with no better in 2024. Agree?

I really don't think BB gives a **** about offense. He may push for Zappe over Mac however.

My hope is BOB has 100% control of the offense NOW. I know some think that’s crazy talk…that Bill would not relinquish control but IMO I think he did with the hiring of BOB and pressure from Kraft.

It’s also my hope that Groh and Wolf have full control on all draft / personnel decisions but that might be a pipe dream.

I want BB to delegate all duties except HC, otherwise I fear the team will continue to falter badly.

Also I’m not sure I want BB talking to Mac very much. Patricia, Judge and BB can back off…let BOB run the show on offense.

Last edited:
No, he will do as Bill Belichick says.

images
images
1680651489518.jpeg

The coach should have some influence on buying the groceries. But what about the new OC trying to resurrect an Offense when the GM failed so badly in his leadersip in 2022.
============
And yes, I'll say it. I would be happy if Bill's retirement from the organization were announced, with BOB as the new coach and Jonathan as the GM.

Our 70 old GM, who insists on being coach, and in making almost all decisions. Will he even bring us to a playoff win before BOB goes? I think that a 3rd place AFCE finish this year is likely, with no better in 2024. Agree?

I hate the idea of O’Brien as the next HC,and the idea of Jonathan as GM is horrible. The owners shouldn’t have any role in football decisions. I did like Kraft’s suggestion of Mayo as the next HC, and I would be fine with Groh and Wolf running football operations.

============

Do you mean Jonathan Kraft being the owner and the GM? Like Jerry Jones? Where did you come up with that suggestion?

I really don't think BB gives a **** about offense. He may push for Zappe over Mac however.
If that were true Patricia and Judge wouldn’t have been replaced.

============

Who is Jonathan?

Belichick checked out after 2019. I wanted to say during 2019, but at least he tried to make a move to improve the offense (Sanu trade)...since then it's been a cavalcade of faux pas and clown car decisions and results..signing/starting/sticking with cam newton, the latest Mac Jones nonsense, going with Jones vs Chicago, letting Myers go, signing a bunch of jags in FA In 2023, having matt Patricia run offense, the raiders end of game, all the losses vs good teams, a losing record, a playoff embarrassment, the bust FA class of 2022 (big $, little return)

I thought you meant incarcerated bob
Need to get used to BOB..

If that were true Patricia and Judge wouldn’t have been replaced.
I believe Patricia is no longer being paid by the Lions. The decision to bring in BOB may very well been forced by Kraft as well as giving Mayo a raise to keep him around.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back