PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much do losses affect you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 hours

I take the losses way too seriously. But I think it's because I have nothing else in my life. Sure I have a great paying job. But all the money in the world can't buy happiness. I've learned that the hard way. I have alot of fake friends. And I haven't been able to find a great girl. After the team won the Super Bowl last season, I felt mixed emotions. Glad they won. But sad the season was over. Sad it would be another 7 months to see them play. After the trophy presentation, I kind of said to myself: "What now?". Because you put so much energy into every week. And then it's over. Sure, they won. But now what? When your on such a high, there's no where to go but down. Has anyone else ever gone to bed with mixed emotions after a Pats SB win? Your glad they won. But it's all over. That may not make sense.

The "good" thing about the Pats losing today, is a potential SB win (Which I don't think they'll pull off), means I get to see them for 4 games instead of just three. It's one extra week of something to look forward too. Obviously I put way too much stock into the outcome of something I have no control over.

After reading your post I reflected that I actually ate during the game! A few years back, I couldn't eat during a game and would not sleep after a loss. Now not a problem. Probably, has something to do with the end in sight. Although, I find some posts more annoying than the loss.

They suck, i hate them, especially home loss to 5-11 division rivals.

Not nearly as bad as I used to. I’ve punched holes in the drywall before over games. I don’t even yell anymore. I’m already over this one and ready for the WC.

Very little now - 6 Super Bowls will do that to you. Even less today because I have had no expectations for this team for a while.

Between 2008 and 2013? I handled it very poorly (I have a new front door from that period to prove it).

I'm disappointed. That's my worst feeling. I won't be able to sleep well tonight.

BUT I am still watching games tonight after a loss which I could not have done a few years ago. So either I am handling losses better or I just have less to do.

2006-2013 was rough. Once we rattled off 3 more wins I feel like I'm set for life. That's why I really don't care if they don't win it all this time

Some talk in a couple of the threads out there got me thinking how hard I used to take the losses. I used to be in a bad mood for a while after the Patriots blew a regular season game and big games or post season games I would be miserable for a couple days. I am still as big a fan as I ever was, I listen to Patriots related podcasts all year long, watch every game (and rewatch every game at least once), and follow all the personnel moves closely but over the last couple years the losses don't sting as much as they used to. Maybe it's all the recent Super Bowl wins or maybe it's the fact that I have a lot more going on in my life now. In the past 2 and a half years I have gotten married, bought a house, and have a kid on the way. I guess it's all about perspective as I get older and realize in the end of the day life goes on and as long as my family and close friends are happy and healthy thats all that really matters.

This game sucked and this season has been as frustrating as a 12-4 season can be but all in all we have it better than all other 31 fanbases. Just curious based on some of the conversation in the other threads about reactions to this game.
Make no mistake, I was pissed. It's natural to be annoyed and angry after investing 3+ hrs in an emotional game with so much riding on it. A good night's sleep and all is well. I have no control over it. Just like stocks.

Long term it has no bearing. I'm more pissed my team lost in the over 35 3 on 3 tourney I played in yesterday.

This loss affected me because I feel it affirms what I felt in the 2nd half of the season. This team can’t beat good teams. The 1st half of the season when they were blowing out shyte teams was a mirage. That Boogeymen defense was a mirage.

Once they got on the field against good teams, it was no competition, they aren’t a championship caliber team. To lose the most important game of the regular season against a supposedly vastly inferior team, when they knew what was on the line, showed me who the REAL 2019 Patriots were. And that hurts.

And it also hurts to see Brady deteriorate to a middle of the road QB. The Brady who was incredibly clutch in the miraculous comeback in SB 51, is very far in the rear view mirror. That pick 6 was very Peyton-esque (Peyton’s last year). But even then, I can’t completely blame him for the loss, he gave them the lead with 4 minutes left, and honestly I knew the defense wasn’t going to stop the Dolphins. I knew they wouldn’t come up with a clutch sack, or int, or fumble recovery. They couldn’t stop a high school team today, very embarrassing loss as well.

This is the worst 12-4 team I’ve ever seen (I know, it sounds crazy), but 10 of the wins were against bad teams.

No Dynasty lasts forever. But it hurts to watch it crumble seemingly overnight.
Alot of it is the elbow imo. Get him healthy.. build the line.. get some tightends... Imagine if we had Deebo Samuel... We need to bring in more wrs.. would be nice to get some speed

So if we see someone 8ft tall, ripped shirt, muscle -bound and with green skin we know who it is.

Tottie= Bruce Banner

What bothers me more than anything. Is the former pats coaches laughing it up on the side line. It's a bitter pill. Ill be over it in a couple of days. You have to put in perspective. If they lose to all the former pats players next week. That will be a special kind of sh!t sandwich.

In a sad way it's going to be liberating when Brady retires or sucks as he puts it. It sounds stupid but it shaves years off with all the close big games this team has been in. Miami fans are probably happy tonight. One day maybe we'll be happy winning a meaningless game. Until then though, lets destroy TEN.

Losses are losses, we can ***** about them all night, but just have to move on.

Nothing can be done.

It used to bother me until I realized the fans actually get more upset than the players do.

It used to bother me until I realized the fans actually get more upset than the players do.

Exactly! These are millionaires playing a game they love, not feeling sorry for em or letting them ruin my day by any means.

Losses that end a season hurt especially when more was expected but regular season not so much. And even post season losses no longer have nearly as much sting due to the tremendous success of this team. I always hope they win but never expect it.

Exactly! These are millionaires playing a game they love, not feeling sorry for em or letting them ruin my day by any means.

Yeah I remember when the Patriots lost to the Giants in the second super bowl they played against each other. I was obviously devastated and I was in a bad mood the next day and all that.

Next day I went ESPN or some website and it shows Gronk, among other Patriots having the time of their lives at an after-party or club.

That is when I realized that the players aren't really taking a loss very hard so why should the fans?

Although what does get me down a bit is when the season ends because I do enjoy watching the games and it leaves a bit of a void.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes