PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How long before Mayo joins the coaching staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookBoston

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Reading Reiss's story about Belichick growing his own coaches: Bill Belichick's view on building a coaching staff: Hire young and develop

And remembering, with certainty, that once he retired I was certain Mike Vrabel would for sure join the staff...which never happened. He's the linebackers coach in Houston, now.

And remembering the very complementary things BB had to say about learning more about football from Mayo than the other way around. Yeah as if that's likely. But still.

So how long before we should expect Mayo to join the staff? Anyone know Jerod's mind on this?

By all accounts, Belichick and Mayo had a special relationship, and Mayo has been coaching from the sidelines for years

FWIW, Kraft mentioned something about Mayo going into business as a second career at the owner's meetings. That would make some sense since he graduated Tennessee with a degree in sports management and a minor in business. But yes, he's probably going to chill for a bit with his family before anything else.

Given what Belichick expects from his coaches I doubt it will happen. Hard to get yourself to work as an assistant coach for 90 hours a week when you have millions and millions of dollars and so many other options.

From what I gleaned reading through various sports writers' twitter, it sounds as if herod is going to enjoy retirement with his family for a while before he tries coaching.

kindermoord_grt.jpg

In a couple of billion years when the Earth's sun goes nova.

Just a hunch ...

I can see Mayo coaching in high school or a small college before the pros if he stays with football.

Seems like the kind of guy who is more into the giving back part of it ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back