PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How do we beat the bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Hammer the ball with Dillon up the middle. He's going to be good for 3-5 yards a crack so don't get greedy. Patience! Remember, the Jets had success running with Leon friggin Washington.

2. Take some shots down the field with Gabriel and Jackson. Even if they don't connect it willl loosen up the bears run D.

3. ST ST ST No cheap TDs or Short Fields!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can beat these guys, their QB is a semi-rookie. BB should be able to get into his head. But I think it will all come down to ST.

This is it. This is the acid test. A loss to the Bears pretty much closes down our season realistically. You can say we have a winning record but not against winning teams if we lose this one. Time to step up and start to show whether or not we are a contender or pretender.

My prediction? The Pats by 3 - 13 to 10.

Avoid turnovers on offense.

Cause turnovers on defense.

As simple as that.

PATSNUTme said:
Running up the middle has seemed to be the bears weakness this year. I think that as long as the score is even or we are up a little, we should keep pounding the ball to set up the pass.

Agreed. Urlacher has amazing lateral speed. Speed is useless against smash mouth power up the middle.

I wouldn't run Maroney up the middle since this is a big game. Work the body with Cory and open up the pass and outside runs by Maroney.

BTW, is Graham completely healthy? That could be huge.

I just love that wham play they kept showing on replay.

Wham....Wham Wham.:D

patpatriot said:
1. Hammer the ball with Dillon up the middle. He's going to be good for 3-5 yards a crack so don't get greedy. Patience! Remember, the Jets had success running with Leon friggin Washington.

2. Take some shots down the field with Gabriel and Jackson. Even if they don't connect it willl loosen up the bears run D.

3. ST ST ST No cheap TDs or Short Fields!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can beat these guys, their QB is a semi-rookie. BB should be able to get into his head. But I think it will all come down to ST.

This is it. This is the acid test. A loss to the Bears pretty much closes down our season realistically. You can say we have a winning record but not against winning teams if we lose this one. Time to step up and start to show whether or not we are a contender or pretender.

My prediction? The Pats by 3 - 13 to 10.

How to wreck a great post.

???????:confused: :confused:

lobster said:
Watching the Jets game, where they were blanked by the Bears at home, I would guess the Offensive game plan needs to focus on avoiding MLB Brian Urlacher. He leads the Defense in tackles and seems to have been the NFC's first selection to this year's Pro Bowl, although he was injured. He is particularly outstanding against the run and has the speed to move laterally very quickly.

Therefore if McDaniels comes up with his typical "re-tread" game plan which depends on establishing the run up the middle, the Pat's could lose badly.

You don't avoid Urlacher, you run right at him. He is so fast that he usually runs the play down when its not run at him. Run right at him overpowering and hitting him with linemen, tight ends and Heath Evans.

bearbang.gif

We like to use distractions like this.......

577280059_m.gif

then slug ya when we catch you off guard, lol.

Heres to an injury free game.

bearbang.gif

heh. good job Bears fan, same to your team. The 2006 Bears are a throwback team and I am honestly hoping they represent the NFC this year in the big game.

20-10 PATRIOTS

Here's another tactic that might work

three%20stooges.jpg

I basically think the Pats are going to win by a score of roughly 100000-0 every week, and this week is no different no matter if the Bears' asses have been crowned or not.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
How to wreck a great post.

???????:confused: :confused:

RayClay, you gotta face facts man. This team has beaten up the mediocre opponents pretty consistently but when the playoffs come, it's a very different story. So far when playing the leagues iron in a "playoff-like" atmosphere, the Pats have played just well enough to lose. Can they step it up? I think they can. Will they step it up? Beating the Bears would go a long way toward establishing the Pats as *serious* contenders as opposed to one and done pretenders. Even if the Pats lose this game and still managed to slip and slide their way into the Show, the Bears would be their probable opponents. You know what happened last time we faced a Bears team with an oustanding defence in that game right?

No more excuses, time to put up or shut up.

Last edited:
Another Bears fan here and I was writing a little summary of the Bears for those that have only seen them in a couple games (probably their worst games of the year against the Cardinals and Dolphins) but cut it off because it was ending up as a book.

I'll just sum it up like this.

-Running up the middle is what normally works against the Bears. They have a lot of speed on defense and normally get to the outside runs quickly.

-Mike Brown was a huge loss. The last couple seasons when he has been hit with injuries the Bears give up something like 50 more rush yards per game with him gone. Todd Johnson is his relacement and while he's a decent hitter, he seems to be out of place too often, unlike Brown.

-For all the talk of Grossman being prone to mistakes if pressured (and honestly, what QB isn't?) 3 games have accounted for 9 of his 11 int's. He has played smart in the others and every team tries to bring the house after him, especially since this is the first season he's been healthy. It's nothing new, the media just seems to want to talk it up.

-The Bears haven't played really well lately. I think part of that has to do with being on the road and part of it has to do with having such a big lead in the NFC. I think the second place team in the NFC is like 3 games behind them right now so they don't always get up for the games like they should.

-My hope is that this game they will be ready. The reason being is that when they are doubted they normally start clicking on all cylinders. They seem to have a chip on thier shoulder if they are looked upon as the underdog and play to prove somehthing.

-But again, it all comes down to the obvious...to's. The Bears are undefeated this season when they win the t/o battle and have like only one loss when winning that battle since Lovie Smith has been the coach.

I expect a great game. Going to your stadium will be a tough place to play and after what happened to your team the last time they were home against the Jets, I expect them to be ready to redeem themselves. It's going to be really tough for the Bears but hopefully they bring their "A" game and make it really tough on the Patriots as well.

Here's to a great game and may the best team that day win. As I always say, let's hope for no, or minor, injuries and good luck with the rest of the season after this game.

patpatriot said:
RayClay, you gotta face facts man. This team has beaten up the mediocre opponents pretty consistently but when the playoffs come, it's a very different story. So far when playing the leagues iron in a "playoff-like" atmosphere, the Pats have played just well enough to lose. Can they step it up? I think they can. Will they step it up? Beating the Bears would go a long way toward establishing the Pats as *serious* contenders as opposed to one and done pretenders. Even if the Pats lose this game and still managed to slip and slide their way into the Show, the Bears would be their probable opponents. You know what happened last time we faced a Bears team with an oustanding defence in that game right?

No more excuses, time to put up or shut up.

The facts are, you make it to the playoffs relatively healthy and it's a new season. Those are the true and only facts.

Funny you should mention that game. What in the world does that Bears team have to do with this one?

They might have players that weren't born then.

The Pats were over matched then. Then again some people would say you couldn't be a wild card and win three road games in a row.

The Patriots will never quit, never say die while they have a breath.

And neither will their true fans.

Do you really think there's a team in the league that doesn't consider the Patriots serious contenders until they're mathematically eliminated?

Maybe someday you'll "get it".

It was nice when the Raiders, Steelers and Rams didn't consider us serious contenders.

Those days are gone.

Last edited:
I just gotta say, this thread is MUCH more intellectual than those on the Bears site. It's nice to see people who know more about football than being a homer who actually takes ESPN to heart.

That said, this is going to be a great game and I hope that both teams perform to their best. I see the most threatening problem with my Bears D is overaggressiveness and overpursuit...at times to the point of being in the gap too early only to shoot right past the runner. Yes even #54 does this. Thankfully it's not often & the DBs are plenty physical to keep it from going too far.

I hope our DBs put more pressure on the Pats WRs than the 8 yard cushions against the Jets. That was a bend/don't break gameplan. Same with the blitzing...yeah not much last week. (only 2 sacks).

For the Bears O vs. Pats D: It'll be a trench war to see if Anthony Jones can get some sustained drives going. Clearly there will be some 3rd down passing situations at times and Rex will need to play it cool and have the time needed to have a chance. I do hope Ron Turner won't limit his playbook to only crossing that 1st down marker. Against the Jets this seemed to be the case. By stretching the field, 1st downs are harder to defend against, and also open up for some draws, screens, or even check down 1st down conversions. -->again, bottom line is the lineman war.

Granted this war of Pats D vs. CHI O will depend on the opposite war. If the Pats score early, I fear the Bears may abandon the run game & then the game is literally in Rex's hands (if he has time). It seems to take the Bears a few series, or even the first half of a game to adjust to what's being given to them by an Offense. Once they adjust, watch out!!

*Note that the Bears will likely take a few shots in the first series so the same pressure to "keep up/catch up" may be on Brady & friends. No quicker way to failure than forcing big plays.

Bears were lucky to have the 13-0 shutout....lucky ol' Chad Pen was an idiot and missed a wide open TD on the opposite slot receiver...again, too much DB cushion. Note that this was the only serious threat of scoring in the game (before the D adjusted).

--I predict a Bears win, not because I'm a homer, but I've seen how they respond to big games, and I like it.

***It really sucks that no matter who wins or how close it is, the media will crown the winners as the real deal, and deflate the previous success of the loser with claims of exposed weaknesses. ESPN & pals are always good for ruining great games like that. At least we're not watching 24 minutes of TO working out each hour of NFL Live anymore.:(

I feel that your Pats will beat Indy 2 of 3 games right now if that were possible. So would the Bears. This will be a great game & for another week I can't wait for Sunday.

BTW, we don't use distractions like those saggy boobs. Even if they were nice, the Bears don't have cheerleaders because of their prude owner Virginia McKaskey:mad:

Beating the Bears, 101:

What you need:
A heavily wooded area, where you have advantage over the bear: Gillette stadium. Home field advantage.
A Riffle: Tom Brady. I predict a medicore day stat wise, but Brady will shred up the clock and control the game.
A Getaway plan: Dillon / Maroney. Control the clock. Run the ball. They can't stop it, and it is easier to NOT make turnovers this way.
A Bear Trap: The Pat's Defense. Make Grossman make mistakes. He messes every one of their games up. Stop the run, make them one dimensional.

Final: Pats: 31
DaBurs: 10
I actually like how I did that, even though it makes next to no sense.

I agree to the above except the point about the homefield advantage.

The new turf should be better for the Bears for 2 reasons:

1 - The Bears are faster on D than most/any D. This is potentially more dangerous for Brady & crew to try to block & get by us.

2 - Arguably, the Bears have been playing on this exact surface for the last 2 weeks.

Point #2 isn't hugely influential I know. And of course the fans etc. will be an advantage for your Pats.

BTW, you don't look like a happy fan in that pic....what's up with that? You might want another more pleasant photo. Not for another 2 weeks though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes