PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hopkins comments on trade with Patriots or Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Douglas makes the roster because he can fill that Welker/Edelman role giving the QB someone they can go to instantly under pressure.
Yes, I didn't mention the rookies beucase they are likely to make it.. and depending upon camo performance could be in the starting rotation

D-Hop has been injured the last 2 years. He is over 30.

Older, great players either fade or fall off a cliff. He is fading.

The likelihood of him playing more than 80% of the games in 2023 is slim to none.
Hop is still better than most WRs in this league be it Injured, age whatever the case. Your right in your post.. however if he's on the field he's always a threat.. he hasn't forgotten how to catch!

Hop is still better than most WRs in this league be it Injured, age whatever the case. Your right in your post.. however if he's on the field he's always a threat.. he hasn't forgotten how to catch!
Agree and if he joined the NEP he'd be clearly the best, most talented WR on the roster. No question.

...but he won't last the season. That's the concern. In Parker, we already have a WR who can't stay on the field.

Agree and if he joined the NEP he'd be clearly the best, most talented WR on the roster. No question.

...but he won't last the season. That's the concern. In Parker, we already have a WR who can't stay on the field.
So we'd be trading one who can't stay on the field for a better player who can't stay on the field.

Yeah I mean there is some injury concerns with Hop.. earlier in his career he had hamstring issues wich is common for WR'S like him who rely on speed and route running.

I hope we are rally pursuing him.. he's just too good to pass up.. but on Parker your right he's had injury throughout his Career also wich has limited him from reaching that 1,400 yard season he had a few seasons ago. Be it hop or another guy I believe the team is still in play for another playmaker.

D-Hop has been injured the last 2 years. He is over 30.

Older, great players either fade or fall off a cliff. He is fading.

The likelihood of him playing more than 80% of the games in 2023 is slim to none.
Better a year too early than a year too late.

Yes, I didn't mention the rookies beucase they are likely to make it.. and depending upon camo performance could be in the starting rotation

If Douglas can earn significant playing time they will be able to field Douglas, Thornton, and Marcus Jones at the same time, and give defenses the same kind of threat from speed Miami poses. Although Miami has the advantage because of the production of their speed receivers.

If Douglas can earn significant playing time they will be able to field Douglas, Thornton, and Marcus Jones at the same time, and give defenses the same kind of threat from speed Miami poses. Although Miami has the advantage because of the production of their speed receivers.
I like the idea of having all that speed on field at once. Like Matt groh said you want to have faster guys out there. Yes Waddle and hill are definitely burners.. however if we could somehow formulate similar types of matchups with our guys they would keep defenses loose where juju and gisecki could eat up the middle of the field.

The fact that Hopkins is taking so long to find a new team is not a good sign for him.

Go into camp with Hopkins and Parker and hope at least 1 of them is on the field throughout the season.. win

That SB 51 video is the Hertz Boston for the 2020s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes