PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hopkins comments on trade with Patriots or Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score

Saw this article linked - a decent read with some good info, but this quote was pretty interesting to me because it sounds like it’s describing the Patriots awfully well:

“What I want is stable management upstairs,” said Hopkins. “I think that’s something that I haven’t really had the past couple years in my career, coming from Houston and then being in Arizona. I’ve been through three or four GMs in my career. So stable management, a QB who loves the game, a QB who brings everybody on board with him and pushes, not just himself but people around him.

“I don’t need a great QB. I’ve done it with subpar QBs. Just a QB who loves the game like I do. And a great defense. I think defense wins championships. For me, I think that’s the key. You’ve got to have a great defense. You’ve got to have a great D-line.”

We’ll see when he ends up traded and how much money his new contract looks like. A lot of these guys say the same old things, then turnaround and sign big deals and go to losers that they say are on the cusp of a championship, or the oldie but goodie “I wanted to be a part of building something and this team team has got the talent to make it happen” blah blah blah. I don’t hate on any of these guys for it. Someone offers you $10M and someone else offers you $5M, take the offer for $10M. That’s more money than I will ever make in my lifetime. Take it! Just don’t sit there and say all this BS to make it look like it’s not about the money and it’s about the culture, the winning, the guys in the locker room when it ain’t. I could be really missing the boat with D-Hop. Time will tell.

at 19 million a year, i just think fat chance of this happening... would I pay him? yes i would?

will BB? no i dont think so

Sounds like he's missed the boat.

Shouldn't have done that pre draft interview where he **** on the idea of a trade to the Pats, without saying anything.

Dude wants to win, clearly. Not sure he'll get that ring here though, and certainly not for that money.

Good luck wherever you end up Nuk.

I thought Arizona shut the door on trading Hopkins? He also seemed to make it pretty evident that he didn't ant to come to New England. But, if it's still possible, then I support it 1000%. Hopkins is true WR1 and he would slot everyone else into their proper spot...

WR1 Hopkins
WR2 JuJu
WR3 Parker
WR4 Bourne

Takes twiggy Tyquan out of the main mix too and reduced any of his production to bonus points.

Those WRs along with Henry, Gesicki, and Stevenson could be an adequate supporting cast for Mac.

Saw this article linked - a decent read with some good info, but this quote was pretty interesting to me because it sounds like it’s describing the Patriots awfully well:
IF the Bills get him we are in trouble and I know he's saying all the right things but unless we make the Trade scratch the Pats. Hopkins ain't choosing us over the Bills: Diggs - Hopkins and Kincaid will be very tough lets hope Hopkins to the Bills doesn't happen Allen would be playing catch with NFL Defenses.

Last edited:
I thought Arizona shut the door on trading Hopkins? He also seemed to make it pretty evident that he didn't ant to come to New England. But, if it's still possible, then I support it 1000%. Hopkins is true WR1 and he would slot everyone else into their proper spot...

WR1 Hopkins
WR2 JuJu
WR3 Parker
WR4 Bourne

Takes twiggy Tyquan out of the main mix too and reduced any of his production to bonus points.

Those WRs along with Henry, Gesicki, and Stevenson could be an adequate supporting cast for Mac.
Hopkins could be a mentor for Twiggy Tyquan let him learn from a very good vet. IF we get D Hopkins we wouldn't need D Parker we need WR's who can separate. Twiggy Tyquan could be our exclusive Deep Threat with Hopkins and Juju.

IF Bills get him we are in trouble and I know he's saying all the right things but unless we make the Trade scratch the Pats. Hopkins ain't choosing us over the Bills: Diggs - Hopkins and Kincaid will be very tough lets hope Hopkins to the Bills doesn't happen Allen would be playing catch with NFL Defenses.

If he is released, he will go to KC. He will have to deal with reps with Diggs in Buffalo. He would be the #1 WR in KC.

If he is released, he will go to KC. He will have to deal with reps with Diggs in Buffalo. He would be the #1 WR in KC.
And Mahomes and Reid another ring he would be tough there with Patrick.

Hopkins desperately wants to come here, and rightfully so, as it will be his best chance at a SB ring.

But hard pass. The guy is washed, and all of our WRs are better.

Hopkins desperately wants to come here, and rightfully so, as it will be his best chance at a SB ring.

But hard pass. The guy is washed, and all of our WRs are better.

No one wants to desperately come to NE...don't kid yourself

If the Pats don't use their cap space on something else then I will believe Hopkins is an option here until he is dealt. Since he hasn't been dealt yet, I don't think his trade value is that high. If the price comes down I expect the Pats to pounce.

Hopkins does. He wants to play with the best coach/QB duo in the NFL. Can't blame the guy.

Really? Not sure KC has the cap room for him...

Maybe someone has the numbers but hasn't he been injured quite a bit the last few years?

Maybe someone has the numbers but hasn't he been injured quite a bit the last few years?
He missed some game in 2021 with hamstring issues. Last season he was suspended for the first 6 games. Throughout his career, Hopkins has been an extremely durable receiver, and he's had quite a bit of success with multiple below average quarterbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes