PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Honest Rex Ryan "Its over"

Last year the OL was awful as was the running game.

As I said previously on this forum, Brady is one of the best play action passer. I think this year with this OL and running game, even with this receiving core, he would do better than last year.
Meh. With JE11 out and no one he would have confidence in to throw to at WR or TE I see more of the same.

Such as?

Brady won with sub par talent year after year. BB could gamble and blow crucial draft picks like Harry and the Pats still won 12 games and made the post season.

I can't believe anyone takes Rex seriously. He never really participates or gets down and dirty. A coach for a bunch of bums. In fact, he just pays his bums to play footsy and then he watches from the sidelines. But who am I to judge? If that's what he wants to do and everyone consents to letting him do it, we're all adults here.

why do people who don't know what they're talking about admire other people who don't know what they're talking about?

Rex has primarily been banished to UK Sky sports shows as an 'analyst'. They have no clue what a joke he is.

What a trailblazer he is to say a 2-5 team with a large chunk of its roster either injured or opted out is done. So stunning. So brave.

Competent no they would be competitive. Not any QB can hide the warts on this team. Last year they did it smoke and mirrors. Bill will know what life is like withou a franchise QB . You can say that about every coach.
With an average qb they are 5-2 right now.

They wouldn't be that much better...maybe 4-3 with the roster we have.
They beat Denver, buffalo, Seattle and probably kc with average qb play. Not great, just average, not sucking.

They still don't get it.

Brady hid so many flaws that are now obvious.

I joined Patsfans >10 years ago with my username being "BradyFixesEverything" for this exact reason. Whatever deficiency there was, he fixed it by his mere precense. Stupid WR? Won't throw to him. Bad OL? Will release the ball quicker. Bad ST/defense? Will keep scoring more than the other team. Bad offense? Still playoff bound. Bad coaching? He'll make a play. Bad draft? Free agents will come to play with him. He literally fixed every issue on the team, directly or indirectly, to make them a contendor year after year.

For me, it was easy to see this even 10 years ago. Glad folks are seeing this for themselves now.

They still don't get it.

Brady hid so many flaws that are now obvious.
The 2006, 2009, 2013, and 2019 Patriots are not playoff teams without Brady. Two of those ended in AFCCG appearances. Furthermore you could likely add the 2018 Pats but if you don’t want to, you can count on one hand the amount of QB’s in history that were winning a shootout in Arrowhead. Without Brady with a merely competent QB we probably have the the 01 and 04 SB titles which were more driven by dominant teams.

Brady plays the most important position in all of sports and did it at the GOAT level. Team is currently getting bottom of the league QB play so there is no doubt that he would make a huge difference. If he was back we'd need to figure out who is no longer here as they would have had to cut players. Would his presence be enough to put them on par with the Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens etc... or more likely a repeat of 2019?

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back