Homage to our 12th man Bill Belichick..

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
As I watch the NFL am always amazed at how poorly coached many teams are who wallow in that abyss of "almosts", "what ifs" or "wait until next year".. as we enter our 15th season with BB at the helm, time to consider what this man has done and how well he has led this team..

I had the privilege of meeting him in 2000 at a function led by Jim Brown.. unfortunately I had my pix taken of me and Jim Brown and neglected to do the same with BB, was not a believer than, I kick myself.

We will never know the inner workings of what happened to Seymour, Milloy or Mankins, but amidst all the doubt all of that seemed to turn out well.. and we moved on.

This year we looked like crap after four games, and instead of allowing the media to focus on our team, he turned the focus on himself exclaiming often, "Were on to Cincinnati" and to the media he appeared arrogant, to many of us it was genius.

Time and time again when players make big plays(Malcolm Butler for example) we hear about how they practiced that play.. remember the deliberate safety??

Time and time again a mediocre player taken from another team is brought here, and they excel in there roles and we allow them to play to their strengths..

As I watch any other NFL Game realize that one of his greatest skills is controlling the clock and controlling the tempo of the game..

His work ethic, how many times have we heard stories about after a west coast trip he remains at the facility preparing for the next game..

When draft time comes around he will be labeled a dummy or does not know how to draft, however as we often draft at the bottom it only shows how brilliant he is as we are always competitive..

The way he handled the deflate bullcrap was brilliant, his Saturday Presser was absolutely off the charts..

My only wish was that he would have been as assertive in the Spygate stuff.. but apparently he learned..

Never have seen a HC in the middle of a game go and speak to the defense, in SB 49 he did the same to the offense.. it may show confidence in the OC and DC as he essentially leaves them alone. Zolak claims the he had never done that to the offense before.

When we lose he always takes the blame, we were "outcoached"???

A lot of stuff goes on internally which we never know about, but is apparent on the field..

His toying with the NFL mandated pressers is classic, was it Bedard when he rolled into town who asked BB where he kept his rings?? BB responded by saying "in a box"...

The meritocracy of players, the meritocracy of staff, preparing for any situation, using crappy game balls, long practices, team building are oft imitated, but seldom duplicated..

Hats off to Bill Belichick and appreciation for your football genius.. we appreciate all you have done.

I will be forever grateful that there was no one of substance to take over the NY Jets franchise when Leon Hess passed and they sold the team to that current owner, that petulant fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes