PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hollister injury update:

Status
Not open for further replies.
IR candidate to make room for Edelman?

IR candidate to make room for Edelman?
I think we already have 2 or more candidates Rex and Dawson I think I read both should be available again at some point should they want to use it on them. Might have to carry Hollister a few more weeks.

Those two are already on the IR

I think we already have 2 or more candidates Rex and Dawson I think I read both should be available again at some point should they want to use it on them. Might have to carry Hollister a few more weeks.

From what I've read, neither Rex nor Dawson is expected back this year.

Those two are already on the IR
Right I somewhat misread what you said. I wouldn't want to lose Hollister for the year so I made the assumption you meant IR-return. Hopefully there is a move to make room for Jules that doesn't cost someone the year hopefully someone we can get to the PS instead of IRing someone. Probably a CB.

Reiss this morning
The Patriots have the option to bring two players back from IR later this season, depending on the recovery for each player, and I'm told that Dawson and Burkhead are the only players who could fall into that category as of now (the timeline for recovery for Bentley and Hill, for example, puts them into the 2019 league year).
Patriots tied for NFL high with 9 players placed on injured reserve

He was limited but out there last week and was questionable for this game so he must be relatively close to returning.

Dawson is absolutely expected back. You are confusing him with Bentley.

Always seemed that for the Pats after a SB appearance there are more players put on IR than the norm, the effects of a longer season and less recovery time??? The negative side of being this good??

Always thought the NFLPA should commission a study to assess the validity of this claim, particularly as Roger has a hard on for an 18 game season.. it is about money after all.

Always seemed that for the Pats after a SB appearance there are more players put on IR than the norm, the effects of a longer season and less recovery time??? The negative side of being this good??

Always thought the NFLPA should commission a study to assess the validity of this claim, particularly as Roger has a hard on for an 18 game season.. it is about money after all.

I think a few of our ir guys weren’t even regular starters last year so playing time isn’t an issue. I think most of the injuries are just dumb luck or improper training.

I think a few of our ir guys weren’t even regular starters last year so playing time isn’t an issue. I think most of the injuries are just dumb luck or improper training.

What do you mean by improper training?? This argument comes up every year and somehow there are those fans who want to blame the strength and conditioning coaches.. I need to discount dumb luck as it has happened too often to the Pats in the NFL war of attrition..

Most of the guys on IR are rookies so your theory makes no sense

Most of the guys on IR are rookies so your theory makes no sense

Over the years I have noticed this.. the season is early, wait and see. As much as I do not want it to be this way, the NFL war of attrition takes a toll teams who advance far into the playoffs..

Or it could just be my myopic Pats View of how the NFL works..

I think Bentley isn't but Dawson may/should return.

This is the first I heard that Dawson would be done for the year.

What do you mean by improper training?? This argument comes up every year and somehow there are those fans who want to blame the strength and conditioning coaches.. I need to discount dumb luck as it has happened too often to the Pats in the NFL war of attrition..

Improper training can mean many things. Like not warming up. Improper weight lifting form. Sometimes it is the strength coaches too, that’s why some get let go. As for dumb luck, just watch Develin diving into Hills legs and iring him. Sometimes it’s a wrong landing that can end your season.

Improper training can mean many things. Like not warming up. Improper weight lifting form. Sometimes it is the strength coaches too, that’s why some get let go. As for dumb luck, just watch Develin diving into Hills legs and iring him. Sometimes it’s a wrong landing that can end your season.

And some move on, it is completely invalid to believe that a strength and condition coach is responsible for injuries, particularly things like torn ACL's another similar injuries.. I cannot remember the Pats moving on from a strength and conditioning coach, unless you think that Mike Woicik was fired or something.. Harold Nash was here for 5 subsequent years and then went on to join Bob Quinn and the Lions..

What role to players have in keeping themselves fit, ready and "pliable"?? Did you ever watch this team warm up? Some take it more seriously than others..

I think Bentley is the most desireable player to come back from IR.

I dont get the confusion. Reiss clearly said he is out for the year. They know it is a season ender and he wears a sling. I guess he tore his pectoral muscle or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back