PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

HOF game cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real tragedy in all of this:

The Colts had their "2016 Hall of Fame Game Participant" banner all set and now they can't hang it.

You beat me to it :)

i have to say they made the right decision. the HOF was in pretty bad shape:

the-masterworks-of-david-hasselhoff-image-4.jpg

LOL. You obviously know New Orleans. Still LOL.
Irma Thomas, Dr. John and Allen Toussaint. One of the greatest weekends I've ever spent in my long, long life was in late November of 2009. Thanksgiving weekend and the Pats and Saints played on the Monday after Thanksgiving. Friday until Tuesday morning went by like a blur, including the Saints kicking the Pats' asses on that Monday night. "I Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans"... great song. I believe the Pats play there again next season. I'll be there again. Just hope my liver can survive it...;)

Surprise, Goddell's favorite stooge Vincent is standing up and taking the blame for this CF. I guess those eternal words of the NFL, "everybody needs a fall guy" is applicable here. How can he even look himself in the mirror and not see himself for what he is, Goo-dell's shine boy?

^ and teelevision revenues alone last year totalled 7.25 BILLION dollars with each team getting 226 MILLION dollars as ther split. Only Goodell and his minions could screw up something as bad as this.
This is only the television revenue, not each team's own generated revenue. I guess it's RG's way of giving the NFL fans and the world the middle finger while laughing all the way to the bank.

Surprise, Goddell's favorite stooge Vincent is standing up and taking the blame for this CF. I guess those eternal words of the NFL, "everybody needs a fall guy" is applicable here. How can he even look himself in the mirror and not see himself for what he is, Goo-dell's shine boy?

This chaps my ass.

He doesn't take responsibility for a 1/2 ass sting operation but he does this?

I guess the fallout was a little bit easier to handle with this one.

No accountability. What a bunch of f-ing unethical empty suits. Freaking useless.

Lawsuits are comng...
Hall of Fame Non-Game lawsuit coming this week

Fighting won’t be cheap. Avenatti said on PFT Live that the league has spent $20 million defending against the Super Bowl XLV cases. That $20 million could have been used to settle those cases, several times over.
They could have given each ticket holder over $100K and spent less than they've spent fighting it so far.
If true, is anyone surprised?

Yea. I feel sorry for the fans who made a weekend out of it but I do enjoy the league f-ing up.

Idiots.

Don't feel too sorry for them.. A bunch are filing a class-action suit against the NFL because of the screw up..

Tee-hee!

Lawyer tells Roger Goodell, David Baker to preserve their cell phones

Avenatti, consequently, has sent a letter to Commissioner Roger Goodell and Hall of Fame president David Baker instructing them preserve “electronically stored information and other evidence in your possession, custody or control as well as in the possession, custody or control of the NFL and/or the Hall of Fame,” including their “personal cell phones.”

The letter, a copy of which PFT has obtained, includes excerpts from an exchange between Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Goodell during Brady’s appeal hearing, and it explains that Avenatti has “considerable reason to believe that there are incriminating text messages relating to the cancellation of the game, which show that fans were purposely not told of the cancellation in a timely manner.”

Avenatti doesn’t specify the content of the incriminating text messages. However, he undoubtedly will want to examine texts sent and received in the hours leading up to and following the cancellation of the Colts-Packers game in Canton.

Lawsuit is likely frivolous and will be dismissed, but the principle of the personal cell phone subpoena makes me smile.:p

NFL Network is running a "Football is Family" ad that features the fields being painted.

Yeah, about that....o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore