PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hire Edelman as a coach

I don't think Edelman would be interested in that kind of job and tbh I don't see anything that makes me think he'd be good at it.

But I can see him having a way more successful career as a celebrity than Gronk did.

So you mean Edelman can cut back on his workload?

seriously, he’s had twelve years of working so hard there are stories of him talking to Belichick when they were leaving at the same time, or being thrown out when the building staff locked up. Does anybody really think the coaches’ schedule would be daunting To him?

I’d love to see him hired as the next coach in the role Jack Easterby had, as character coach. What better role model to exemplify the Patriot way?
Not at all. I was just commenting on coaching being a ****ty job with very little work/life balance. It actually sounds like a horrible career and not at all worth the money. But that’s just my take.

I didn't want Gronk as a coach because Gronk did what he did based a lot on physical gifts. The only gift Edelman had was his quickness but the dude played smart, knew how to shake a defender and get open with some consistency. Those are things other WRs can learn to up their game.

No physical gifts here. Just a regular, blue collar dude with a some quickness and smarts.

1618355258233.png

God, being a coach would be such a terrible job. You have to really have an obsession that borders on insanity to do it. 12-14 hour days are normal, starting at like 4:30-5:00 AM and you basically go 7 days a week. The majority of your year is either spent coaching, prepping to coach, or scouting. F-U-C-K that. You couldn’t pay me enough.

I'd prefer that schedule over the one you were on over the last few years. Good God.

Hire Edelman to coach is the new hire Varitek to coach

I’d love to see him hired as the next coach in the role Jack Easterby had, as character coach. What better role model to exemplify the Patriot way?
FWIW, "character coach" is basically a fancy way of saying "team chaplain."

Edelman strikes me as the kind of guy thats going to make a ****ton of money outside of the game. He'll most defintely do a media gig but will have many different avenues post football.

New Marvel character: The Squirrel.
Yeah, he's going to be fine. He'll probably need to take up something competitive just to keep sane. He'd make a great cyclist.
I'm so relieved he got out. Those head shots left me dizzy on the couch.

I'd prefer that schedule over the one you were on over the last few years. Good God.
You’re talking about when I was in school and working full time? Yeah, that sucked. That was over by 2013-2014 though. That experience is actually the reason I think coaching would be such a god awful job for anyone who isn’t bordering on the psychotic when it comes to football. Not that my schedule is going swimmingly right now with a 4 month old, but it’s definitely better than it used to be.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back